Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January transfers

+32
Jenson Pais
Vijay Saibola
Sami Rockfeller
Joey Schwab
dbruce5
Liam Bermingham
kdunn
Alex Hadjicharalampous
deepgrg
David Hung
jingus
chris eades
John Foxall
Michael Schatzky
Mario
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Darcy Gorman
Jason Morrison
Michael Foster
rschalala
Marko Maksimović
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
ralph avedikian
Subrat Koirala
Mike York
Meshaal
pwoodman1
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
36 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

January transfers - Page 11 Empty Re: January transfers

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 am

Jason Morrison wrote:I just wish Wenger would recognise we're not as good as we should be or as good as he thinks we are, and then try to address our shortcomings, is that so hard and too much to ask for. Don't spout shit about how this team is complete or the best he's ever had, etc knowing we have so many issues. All that does is turn people against him and it's hardly like it helps for the team's confidence anyway, he should be motivating them outside the public eye anyway... and the fact that Wenger is more up and down about signing or not signing anyone is more infuriating than the rubbish our team often serves us, rather hold your cards close to your chest and not say anything, but also please for the love of christ, atleast play a card...

It's a rather good point....I mean take the Theo saga for instance...for fuck knows how long now we have had to listen to 'he loves us we love him..blah blah blah..."we want him to sign he wants to sign..yada yada yada"....now its all come to light after umpteen amounts of we will be sorting out a reporter manages to get somebody behind the scenes to say that nothing has happened and won't until a few days before the city game....all this looks in light to people is Wenger is spouting shit or has no idea what is going on..I would say its spouting crap personally but what does it achieve?!?! Fuck all....yet why not just say fuck all and worry about what's going on...like the fact everyone can see we need reinforcing...so bloody do it...personally I cannot stand people that chat all the time about this and that and appear to not actually get shit sorted...a pet hate...and this is exactly what Wenger is doing..
Now the signings thing is really starting to bug me....we are now lighter on personal..not a bad thing we have started to ship out the crap..but why has he not already lined up some kind of reinforcements?? Talk of oh we like him and he is good and watch them swan off to someone else leaving everyone thinking what the fuck?! I would like if he just shut up with all the talk..and what with the contracts I don't think any other club gets as much publicized articles thrown about every day as much as we do...and it does us no favours what so ever!
Keep in house issues in house...by all means if a transfer is a good possibility..say it..but as for the rest Wenger....

Shut it.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:54 am

I don't think you can take Wenger too seriously in a lot of his interviews, esp not in the transfer window. In previous transfer windows he has shown he uses them to throw clubs and people off guard rather than tell the truth. I've learnt not to trust anything Wenger says in interviews to do with transfers or the squad. He has admitted he doesn't always tell the truth in interviews because his hands are tied that way. Saying we are short in a certain position would probably rub people we already have in that position the wrong way, whether it is true or not. And he cannot exactly list what he is looking for as then other clubs know exactly what we need. If saying this means other clubs think we aren't desperate for signings and it knocks a few million off a fee then I don't mind.

I have thought since the 1st January we will sign at least one player this window. And how he said "quite" complete and not just complete makes me think it'll definately happen.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:18 am

One thing I learned ages ago mike regarding Wenger and after it was said what he basically can and cannot say..was not to really listen to most if not all that was said...but for all that why do we need such rubbish in return...fair enough throw clubs and the like off the trail of players...but as for the rest of it it needs to be cut out....sometimes I do actually wonder what the players think when he talks about we are this and we are that...and to be honest we have had players depart,big players and it makes you wonder if more often or not the were thinking 'what the hell is he going on about' especially when it came to let's say rvp,cesc and co saying we need good players in and you have Wenger saying we do have good players...its a facepalm moment....all being it more when we made no decent signings......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:26 am

Anyway all being us talking about it....

Who would everyone like to see us bring in?? Not really been much talk of who you would like to see as a realistic target(s)....

Remy has been linked yet again I see today...as zaha has...would quite happily take both...I still want a defensive mid tho...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:50 am

Biglia has been linked to us a lot recently

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 am

We need a DM and a striker, Moussa Sissoko would be available at a small cost due his contact being up at the end of the season and Moussa Sow although he only signed for fenerbahce last Jan could be allowed to leave for £15m according to some reports.

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 am

Apparently we've bid 4 million for Urby Emanuelson from Milan

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:27 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:Apparently we've bid 4 million for Urby Emanuelson from Milan

Hopefully that's another bullshit rumor.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 am

I hope to high heaven it is. Arsene says he wants quality players, but here he is supposedly dropping spare change on a damn benchwarmer.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

I hate this formation with this current set of players.

Let Theo f.off. as well. Useless.

With us looking so short up front we should get Joel Campbell back and actually do something with the players we have.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:01 pm

one thing noticed today was transfers being completed or near done

m'vila available 8 ood million
zaha 8 odd million
remy 8 million
Ba 8 odd million

would they have made a difference?? cheap and very good players sat ready for the taking and its exactly what other clubs are doing...snatching them up as they know what a bargain they are!!

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 pm

4 decent players for less than 10 million there no doubt. Obviously Wenger doesnt rate them as "exceptional" though.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 am

It's the same bloody excuses every year. In January 'it's not a good time to buy' crap, then why not buy in the summer? Whether or not RVP was in this side, it would still have been desperately short. Then after we sold RVP and Song, we are then an additional two players short as well as losing our best player. Now we are in a situation of 6 games (well now 5) in 18 days (now 17) and even the papers have given up on making stories about who we are going to sign.

This squad will not finish top 4, I can't see who we are realistically going to sign who can add the quality we need to finish in the top 4. It's not that the talent isn't there in the market, it is just Wenger is looking for Mario Gotze at Michu prices

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 am

Chris Chan wrote:It's not that the talent isn't there in the market, it is just Wenger is looking for Mario Gotze at Michu prices
I wish he got Michu for a Michu price.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 am

Right now I just don't see who he could possibly bring in...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:14 am

I think its sensible to prepare ourselves to not bring anyone in and then if anyone does come in its a bonus. We definately wont finish top 4 this year.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 am

I see us 6th if lucky.....there has been nothing in transfer talk today...depressing times...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 am

I think 5th or 6th wouldnt be "lucky" I think thats where our level is now, i've been saying it since the summer departures.

Ironically its been rumoured that Song could be offloaded by Barca already.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:31 am

Bring song back....something we desperately need right now...I would be happy to see him return..bring cesc hahaha!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 am

I couldn't see Song coming back there was too much made about his lazy/bad attitude when he left.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 am

When he left, I didn't care much as he could have easily improved on, but boy would I bite Barca's hand if he was offered to us right now.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:26 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:When he left, I didn't care much as he could have easily improved on, but boy would I bite Barca's hand if he was offered to us right now.

++++++this^
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 pm

So the Sun is reporting that Redknapp has signed Remy and M'Vila to QPR for 15 million pounds. And yet no action from Wenger. I fucking hate the winter transfer window.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:So the Sun is reporting that Redknapp has signed Remy and M'Vila to QPR for 15 million pounds. And yet no action from Wenger. I fucking hate the winter transfer window.

If this is true, 15mil for two decent quality players, who are both elligable for the CL!!? What the fuck are we doing not taking a punt on them? I hate this season! Nevermind this transfer window, season can't end soon enough after we get thrashed out of the CL by Bayern next month...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm

I thought Remy was on his way to Newcastle.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next