Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Coventry

+14
vyom.chaudhary
Andreas Wæhre
Zaid Derweesh
Jonathan Prendergast
Michael Foster
Vanig Bostanian
Mario
Steve Dawson
Chris Chan
Samritpal Singh
ralph avedikian
Dan Hakim
Mohamed Samir
Jenks1981
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal v Coventry - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Coventry

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:07 am

Great!!

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:4 fella

Damn, that's not bad. I really hope we get his contract sorted out.

its 4 in 6 games

well i hope they do got a funny feeling its the season where theo will finally wake up and get on with his game...

Now that there's a chance he could go elsewhere, of course he's gonna be amazing...

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 am

I was there! Really enjoyable second half, after a dull first (aside from Giroud's goal, which he took very well).

Absolutely chuffed to see Arshavin have such a good game. Took his goal very calmly and had a few assists as well (also won the pen that Giroud missed). By the way Theo celebrated his goals you can see he clearly wants to stay at the club. He's a good lad, hope he signs. And even though it was 6-1, Coventry weren't absolutely awful, and their fans were singing through most of the game.

Other points of note...the look of relief on Giroud's face when he scored was so clear, gutted for him he missed his pen, hope that doesn't bring the confidence down. Miquel and in particular Coq were great. Angha made a couple of nice runs down the wing but overall didn't look all that. Great to see Frimpong back, he got a fantastic reception when he came on. Oh, and Gnabry did pretty well when he came on. Looked lively and unlucky not to score with a brilliant run and curling shot.

Oh, and the streaker was hilarious. I was going to film the penalty, then suddenly the guy runs into view! 2 stewards chasing him, one goes to slide tackle him and misses, with the streaker falling on his arse soon after. I'll upload it to Youtube cos it'll probably be edited out of the highlights later.

Shame we got an away draw next round, the cheap Cup games are generally awesome to go to.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 am

Was there too. We started off very sloppily, giving away possession all over the park and seemed a bit complacent. Miquel was a rock at the back and Coventry didnt do much going forward. We grew as the game went on and Giroud with a quality finish, so be it with the pen I dont think it'll affect him too much. Great finish by the Ox, he had the beating of the right back all game, skinned him another of times. Two quality finishes from Theo, hope he signs a new contract he could have a huge impact anywhere across the top three for us so he needs to trust that Wenger knows what he is doing. Great to see AA have such a good game, with the pressure off him to produce match winning performances could be a good season for him

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 am

First half wasn't great, we were sloppy, slow, no real spark in our game.

But a nice goal by Giroud and I'm glad his first goal was a good finish rather than a deflection of his arse. The penalty won't have helped but he has missed 3/4 in 2012 so he's just not a good PK taker. The fact he wanted it is a good sign, though. Don't think he wanted to come off when he did, more goals were on offer but he scored so hopefully he relaxes more now.

Thought our two CM's played very well, Coquelin and Yennaris. Both had assists and helped control the game. Arshavin grew in the 2nd half and Theo's goals were very nicely taken. He is also getting a good reaction from the crowd and he stayed behind clapping the fans and you feel both parties want him to stay. The Ox's goal was beautiful, lovely strike.

Thought Andre Santos was sloppy tonight, never seemed 100% committed or focused. He strikes me as someone who needs a good run of games to get going but he won't get them with Gibbs fit. Miquel did well, Djourou and Angha were ok. I heard Banfield and Boro Primorac before the game mention him, think Banfield was a bit concerned and Primorac asked if he was quick, Banfield said yes, and I think that reassured Primorac that he will be ok.

Gnabry's little cameo was quite impressive. He is like the Ox in build, strength but possibly more skillful. Don't think it's the last we see of him this season.

I also saw Szczesny and his right foot is in a protective boot. I didn't get to ask him how long he will be out for because I only noticed it as he was leaving.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 am

All the goals. Watch before it's taken down.

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:09 pm

I just downloaded and watched the game. Here are my thoughts:

- scoreline was flattering, especially after a poor 1st half. We did turn it on in the 2nd, but it seems to flatter us a bit nonetheless
- Happy for Giroud. His penalty looked well struck, but what to do. Got a good assist for Arshavin.
- Speaking of Arshavin, he seemed lively in the first half but his passing was way off. Glad it picked up later, I hope he can contribute this season
- Walcott, despite his goals, was generally rubbish. First half was ineffectual, second half had some good moments - the 2nd goal in particular was fantastic - but had another one of his Walcott games
- Santos was poor, poor poor poor. How many times did he give it away, because reluctantly shuffling back to defend? I think the goal was his fault. Didn't have a good game going forward or back. I think it's the worst I've seen him play for us. I know he's the kind of player who needs games, but that was just poor
- Djourou lacks aggression. His clearances from defence are soft, and never seems to power in. Even Mert has picked up aggression this year, Djourou lacks it. Miquel was excellent though, and deserved his goal after hitting the crossbar earlier.
- Anga didn't impress me too much, but he's young.
- Yennoquelin played well.

Overall there was a lack of fluency, that was to be expected, and we picked it up. Should be a good confidence boost. Hopefully Giroud doesn't dwell on the penalty, and instead focuses on his well-taken goal and assist.

I'd like Theo to sign on, owing to moments like his second goal. But if he doesn't, my biggest frustration would be the financial loss rather than the loss of a great player. I think, with a bit of money spent, he's easily replaceable - who knows, Gnabry may even grow into that replacement.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 pm

A couple of kneejerk thoughts on that Zaid, for me, Walcott can be pretty useless for much of any game if he pops up with a goal or two.

What did you make of Yennaris? It looked from the goals that he was very good at breaking up/recycling possession in midfield.

Was Frimpong any good at all?

What about Gnabry?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 pm

There :

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/arsenal-6-coventry-1-hq-highlights/

very nice finish from Giroud, typical striker finish, theo too.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:A couple of kneejerk thoughts on that Zaid, for me, Walcott can be pretty useless for much of any game if he pops up with a goal or two.

What did you make of Yennaris? It looked from the goals that he was very good at breaking up/recycling possession in midfield.

Was Frimpong any good at all?

What about Gnabry?

Probably, I had just finished watching it. Just thought that he wasn't very useful overall.

Yennaris looked okay. I didn't pay too much attention to him, don't think he did much wrong which is good. Frimpong didn't really have much time to make an impression, but again, tidy.

Gnabry looked quite exciting. Had a couple of moments where he showed some pace and power, and had a couple of shots too. Looks confident. Built very much in the Ox mould.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Anybody know where to download the match...I did catch the highlights quite liked the ox's goal...nice quick rifled shot high right...theo's second wad quite well taken almost henry's style drifting wide and cutting in...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 pm

I usually pick up games from www.fbtz.com/forum and going to the 'Full Matches' section. The problem is I don't know how to open a new account - I use a friend's account. I want to open my own but their registration is closed. Anyone how how to do this?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 am

It's probably one of those invite only sites.....ok thanks for that will check it out tonight when I get in from work...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:06 am

scoreline flattering? really? we could have scored 10 last night. We were poor first half but were never troubled and looked like we could score with every attack.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Never troubled, but it didn't feel like a 6-1 domination, as Southampton did. It was a fairly disjointed performance for the most part.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4