Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Coventry

+14
vyom.chaudhary
Andreas Wæhre
Zaid Derweesh
Jonathan Prendergast
Michael Foster
Vanig Bostanian
Mario
Steve Dawson
Chris Chan
Samritpal Singh
ralph avedikian
Dan Hakim
Mohamed Samir
Jenks1981
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Coventry Empty Arsenal v Coventry

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 am

Right guys, two days to go before this one im just sticking down some thoughts on who I would like to see play;

Im assuming all those listed on arsenal.com are still out for this game when writing this.

----------------MANNONE-----------------

YENNARIS-DJOUROU-KOSCIELNY-SANTOS

--------COQUELIN-CHAMBERLAIN---------

---------------ARSHAVIN------------------

WALCOTT------CHAMAKH---------GNABRY

I dont think anyone is fit other than Mannone in goal, at the back with Jenkinson playing every game i'd be happy to see Yennaris, or even Coquelin to fill in. Of the first team squad I think Coquelin, Chamberlain, Arshavin, Walcott, Chamakh all need game time. If we had an injury crisis we would have to look to Arshavin and Chamakh to fill in so they need to play. Gnabry is surely the brightest talent in the reserves so far this season not out on loan so i'd love to see him from the start, I guess Eastmond might come in but im not a fan, same goes for Squillaci. I would also say Eisfeld could be in with a shout but he only ever seems to play an hour, what is up with his fitness? I dont know, we will see what we get I guess but there are first teamers who need game time so it shouldnt be a weak line up by any means.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Coventry Empty Re: Arsenal v Coventry

Post by Mohamed Samir Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:19 am

What about Miquel? is he injured?
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 am

Are you serious? All our keepers are injured except Mannone? That's just ridiculous.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 am

I don't think Ox needs game time.

Mannone

Yennaris - DJ - Kos - Santos

Ramsey - Coquelin

Theo - Arshavin - Gnabry

Chamakh

Or he could maybe see Giroud so that he breaks that streak of his, or even Theo tested at CF.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 am

Think maybe James Shea should start instead of Mannone? We only have one experienced goalkeeper and now is the best time for Shea to gain experience.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 am

No i'd stick with Mannone personally, Chamberlain has only started 2 of our 5 games Ralph I would definately be looking at him to boss this game. Miquel could be a sub but the other two CB's need to play for me. Djourou doesnt have one minute to his name this season so far.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 am

Seeing as Martinez has been on the bench surely he'd be ahead of Shea?

Kos definitely needs the minutes under his belt and JD/Santos as well.

Martinez
Yennaris JD Kos Santos
Rambo Le Coq
The Ox
Theo Chamakh AA

It's testament to our strength in depth that our '2nd string' simply needs the minutes to give too many kids a chance. Have some kids on the bench to bring on

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 pm

I was looking forward to seeing Giroud maybe playing to get some goals, but looks like Chamakh will be playing Sad

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:18 am

All I ask is that we don't see Squillaci and Eastmond.

I wouldn't necessarily want to play The Ox, maybe get someone like Eisfeld or Gnabry starting for him, but I want Koscielny to play. He needs games. The rest of the team would be what Chris has put. Although I wouldn't mind Mannone starting again to keep his run going what with Szczesny being pictured in a protective boot... It would be a strong team and should put Coventry to the sword. It's a competition we should look to go far in.

Bench can be made up of kids like Shea, Watt, Eisfeld/Gnabry, Eastmond, Miquel, Akpom... whoever.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:59 am

I think Mannone should play to get his run of games. Besides, another clean sheet to his name would be good. Kos, Santos, Arshavin, Chamakh, and Theo must play. The only person I'm not too sure about is The Ox. I'd probably go with this
Mannone
Yennaris Kos Djourou Santos
le Coq Ramsey
Arshavin
Theo Marouane Gnabry
Maybe we'll see Gnabry only as a substute with Arshavin starting on the left and The Ox in the middle.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:59 am

On a side note, Manchester City XI v #AVFC: Pantilimon; Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Kolarov; Milner, Barry, Rodwell, Razak; Suarez, Tevez, Balotelli.
Fuck it! That's a Carling Cup team?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:55 am

I would like to see a set up of...

-----------Mannone-------------

Yenn-----Dj-----kos-----santos

-----Ox---Ramsey----coqu-----

-----------arshavin-----------

------Theo---------giroud------

Just to see if Theo can take this idea of playing as a striker serious,giroud will hopefully find the net and arshavin maybe can find some magic again....

M
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Michael Foster wrote:I would like to see a set up of...

Just to see if Theo can take this idea of playing as a striker serious,giroud will hopefully find the net and arshavin maybe can find some magic again....

M

I think that may be the XI. Not sure what formation though.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Good calls by most of you I think. I'd go with:

Mannone

Yennaris - DJ - Kos - Santos

Ramsey - Coquelin

Theo - Arshavin - Ox

Giroud

Bench would have some youngsters + Chamakh. Give Giroud some 60 minutes to make an impression. Chamakh barely figures in our first team, he can sit on the bench and come on for the final 30.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Just thinking about it, reckon there might be a chance that Rambo gets rested. He put in a shift at the weekend and Wenger will be wary that we burnt him out by xmas last season. With Jack an unknown at least in the short term and Diaby always with injury uncertainties, keeping Rambo healthy could be important this season

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Chris Chan wrote:Just thinking about it, reckon there might be a chance that Rambo gets rested. He put in a shift at the weekend and Wenger will be wary that we burnt him out by xmas last season. With Jack an unknown at least in the short term and Diaby always with injury uncertainties, keeping Rambo healthy could be important this season

For the first team, we always have Le Coq to come in also. And The Ox can fill in Cazorla's position. I think we have cover without Ramsey and Jack.

I was also surprised when everyone suggested Rambo would start, but the more I think about it the more likely I think it is. Gives him a chance to build on his good game vs City and gain confidence.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:I would like to see a set up of...

M

I think that may be the XI. Not sure what formation though.

Depends on how Wenger sets out the front men it will probably dictate how the rest will sit behind I think Theo and giroud upfront will be a no brainer really....both have the differences to be paying in those positions...both need goals for different reasons....
Not really to sure on the formation he will prob keep it simple for this trip...

Going for a 3-1 win Theo with 2 (I know sounds crazy!) And giroud to finally net
Maybe might even see a 30 mins out of diaby in the middle if all is going well...
Normally the team selection comes in quite early with these cup games so not that long to wait....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Looks like it could be;

-----------Martinez-----------

Yennaris-Djourou-Miquel-Santos

-----Coquelin-Chamberlain-----

-----------Arshavin-----------

Walcott-----Giroud------Gnabry

I like it if thats how we line up we look strong.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 pm

11 Andre Santos
12 Olivier Giroud
14 Theo Walcott
15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
18 Sebastien Squillaci
20 Johan Djourou
22 Francis Coquelin
23 Andrey Arshavin
26 Emmanuel Frimpong
29 Marouane Chamakh
36 Damian Martinez
38 Martin Angha
40 Hector Bellerin
46 Thomas Eisfeld
47 Serge Gnabry
54 Ignasi Miquel
60 James Shea
64 Nico Yennaris

Mike's team above works. Well, unless he moves Santos to forward left and plays Miquel at left back just to give Squillaci a game. Or plays Arshavin wide left with Eisfeld in midfield.

Reaaaaally hope Giroud gets off the mark tonight.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Then again, Angha and Bellerin are both full backs so why would we have two full backs on the bench with Santos and Miquel both able to play left back? Maybe that means Yennaris plays in defensive midfield where he's been playing all season for the under 21's/Next Gen.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Then again, Angha and Bellerin are both full backs so why would we have two full backs on the bench with Santos and Miquel both able to play left back? Maybe that means Yennaris plays in defensive midfield where he's been playing all season for the under 21's/Next Gen.

No Eastmond in the squad?

Yeah I reckon so Mario, I definately think the CB partnership will be Djourou and Miquel with Santos left back but maybe Bellerin will start.

Whilst i'd like to see Giroud score, I would also like to see Walcott play 90 minutes as a central striker as ive never seen that before.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:45 pm

If Yennaris plays, will he be the highest squad number to ever play for us? The kid is Number 64!!! Only other guy I can remember coming close to that is Bendtner with his 52 shirt.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:Just thinking about it, reckon there might be a chance that Rambo gets rested. He put in a shift at the weekend and Wenger will be wary that we burnt him out by xmas last season. With Jack an unknown at least in the short term and Diaby always with injury uncertainties, keeping Rambo healthy could be important this season

For the first team, we always have Le Coq to come in also. And The Ox can fill in Cazorla's position. I think we have cover without Ramsey and Jack.

I was also surprised when everyone suggested Rambo would start, but the more I think about it the more likely I think it is. Gives him a chance to build on his good game vs City and gain confidence.

Le Coq is a different player to what Rambo offers the team, and whilst a massive talent, no way can the Ox consistently replicate what Santi offers us this season. I personally think The Ox is over rated by everyone at the moment, he is still very raw and gives pretty inconsistent performances. Rambo is ahead of The Ox in terms of development and will feature a lot more regularly in midfield than the Ox (I would expect). He is also ahead of Le Coq in terms of playing next to Arteta. God forbid Arteta gets injured, then Le Coq is more able to play the holding role.

Anyways, will be interesting to see what team we will play with the squad that has been released

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Once he gets a few months under his belt I expect Frimpong to push Coquelin every step of the way as far as being an understudy to the deepest midfield role.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:

No Eastmond in the squad?

Apparently he's close to going on loan to Colchester. Good riddance. Not good enough, that's ok with me, but one of those players with an attitude who thinks because he plays for Arsenal he is 'it'.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next