Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwich

+17
vyom.chaudhary
Assan Touray
eyal.peer
Sami Rockfeller
Michael Schatzky
Jason Morrison
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Mike York
Chris Chan
Mario
Vanig Bostanian
Andreas Wæhre
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Gopi
Michael Foster
Subrat Koirala
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Norwich - Page 7 Empty Re: Norwich

Post by Chris Chan Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 am

norwich at home, for fucks sake, this team stops playing every march/april. Say goodbye to CL footy and probably RVP too.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 am

We need a massive favour from Villa tomorrow.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 am

D D D L W..the Arsenal way to finish a season

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 am

in our last four games, we lost one, drew 3 games, 3 pts out of a possible 12. If now we don't qualify for CL, it is just because we don't deserve to with our actual squad.

Yash
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am

Whatever Villa do or don't do, we wont beat WBA. No bottle

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 am

Is it really a disaster if this side doesn't get back into the CL? We settle for so little these days that I'm not sure I'd even give a shit. I'd rather we made a better effort at actually challenging for the league.

How average can we get? Personally I feel that under Wenger we're never likely to win another trophy. How could we not have been up for this one?

When we finally woke up Norwich looked like the journeymen that they are. Yet at 3-2 we were still playing like we needed to score. One of their players waltzed right through the centre of our team almost to the edge of the area. Van Persie was giving chase but without any real intention to catch up. Why didn't anyone else compensate for that? It's not like van Persie doesn't do his share of the work in the attacking sense. This team has talent but rarely shows the nous necessary to better ourselves.

Despite our turn in form in February, I really think the only change left to us is the manager. Fantastic memories and lovely philosophy but no brainpower and no improvement for years.

If we finish 5th we probably deserve it.

Last edited by John Foxall on Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun May 06, 2012 12:52 am

Mike York wrote:The penalty at the end not being given was mental.
Exactly. When a player of Robin's quality doesn't get a touch on the ball for a tap in and the defender was on the wrong side, my four year old nephew would have given it more thought than the gutless referee did.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am

John Foxall wrote:Is it really a disaster if this side doesn't get back into the CL? We settle for so little these days that I'm not sure I'd even give a shit. I'd rather we made a better effort at actually challenge for the league.

How average can we get? Personally I feel that under Wenger we're never likely to win another trophy. How could we not have been up for this one?

When we finally woke up Norwich looked like the journeymen that they are. Yet at 3-2 we were still playing like we needed to score. One of their players waltzed right through the centre of our team almost to the edge of the area. Van Persie was giving chase but without any real intention to catch up. Why didn't anyone else compensate for that? It's not like van Persie doesn't do his share of the work in the attacking sense. This team has talent but rarely shows the nous necessary to better ourselves.

Despite our turn in form in February, I really think the only change left to us is the manager. Fantastic memories and lovely philosophy but no brainpower and no improvement for years.

our expectations have been really low, which is a disappointment.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am

It fucks me off that we're even talking about that penalty. We should've played out the remaining time at 3-2. Ball retention, low risk, absolutely no time on the ball for their players close to our goal.

It was a caricatural performance from us. A never-ending cycle of highs and lows. I've seen too much of it to believe that it will change without a change in managing team.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am

John Foxall wrote:
I agree with your whole post, it's difficult to argue with results.
Newcastle have 2 tough games, but I can see us finishing 4th or 5th, which is about where we should be with this squad.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 am

Michael Schatzky wrote:
John Foxall wrote:
I agree with your whole post, it's difficult to argue with results.
Newcastle have 2 tough games, but I can see us finishing 4th or 5th, which is about where we should be with this squad.

The highs definitely showed us to be good enough to still be in the CL, but the lows have been too frequent.

The stupidity, laziness and predictability of ours laws is just laughable. I'm not someone that is going to write abusive messages on here about Gervinho, Ramsey and co when they are out of form. As long as they give their all that's fine by me. It's not their fault that they get picked.

However, we have no tactical awareness. It was no important today once we got back in front. We had none.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 am

John Foxall wrote:It fucks me off that we're even talking about that penalty. We should've played out the remaining time at 3-2. Ball retention, low risk, absolutely no time on the ball for their players close to our goal.

It was a caricatural performance from us. A never-ending cycle of highs and lows. I've seen too much of it to believe that it will change without a change in managing team.

Not a lot of composure. I take your previous point about Wenger, or the mentality of this team.
The high risk, scattered, scared mentality.
We finally have the lead but the ebb and flow of the game is still very volatile, how does it happen that their forward gets so much space? We can not shift gears - do we have gears or just one way of playing?

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7