Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Napoli

+5
Jonathan Prendergast
Meshaal
Subrat Koirala
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Foster
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal v Napoli - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Napoli

Post by Michael Foster Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 am

Subrat Koirala wrote:Not to get too carried away, but that was a world class first half. everything we touch is turning into gold. Ozil's goal is arguably the goal of the season so far. Technically flawless.

best 45 i have seen in a long time without a doubt....and to be honest i think it's time to get carried away!!!!!

get behind them..show them we are with them all the way!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:30 am

napoli have offered nothing in this game because of how well we have played!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:39 am

group of death....

pffffttt..bitch please..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 am

couldnt agree more .... that first half so beautiful, second half we took our foot off but were very composed but man what a first half. just love it when we click. beautiful magic. matches like these is what makes everything so worthwhile
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:13 am

Michael Foster wrote:group of death....

pffffttt..bitch please..
We could be 3rd in the group after the next game!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:14 am

What a performance. Absolutely dominant.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:59 pm

The best feeling during the game yesterday was when you watch the team dominate a decent Italian team from start to finish, and realise Walcott, Santi, Ox and Poldi are yet to come back to the team.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:01 am

Subrat Koirala wrote:The best feeling during the game yesterday was when you watch the team dominate a decent Italian team from start to finish, and realise Walcott, Santi, Ox and Poldi are yet to come back to the team.
Was about to write just that.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:04 am

I love player ratings;
Szczesny 8: Never troubled, did what he had to do, credit to him never fell asleep as Napoli shots were going into row Z
Sagna 8: Very solid
Koscielny 8: Added new players in his back pocket
Mertesacker 8: I love the way he says "you shall not pass" in football terms
Gibbs 8: Slowly looking like the Sagna of left back. Very solid and consistent performances
Flamini 8: The last time Arsenal looked so brilliant, they had Flamini in it, I wonder if it's him or Ozil that's causing this awesomeness
Arteta 8: Showed mental strength to overcome his hair injury
Ramsey 3: DIDN'T SCORE! Seriously, another 8, tackles and neat passes all over the place, seems to be forming quite an understanding with Ozil.
Ozil 9: He plays football as if he was dancing Ballet. So graceful and elegant on the ball.
Rosicky 7: Welcome back. Like Arsene said last week, we all love Rosicky!
Giroud 8.5: He might not be the Wenger type striker but think of it, he wins headers and chests from goal kicks, and our play is built on that, if a new say van Persie type of striker came in, we'd have to change the way we play and right now, we really don't want to be doing that.
Bonus rating: Arsene Wenger 17: For such a brilliant performance on his 17th anniversary

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:51 am

haha. you got me initially on Ramsey, but he's having a great time really. Ozil is magical. And agree on Giroud. He's a great striker in his own league. We've probably been more versatile with him in the team. However we still need a striker as going with only one established striker entire season will be too weak. And we'll most probably buy in January. Otherwise, there's so much promise in this team. Bring back Santi to this team and we'll start to see Ozil start centrally and drift wide. I think that's where he'll be even more effective if not already. The thing is, who does Santi replace in this team right now?
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:15 am

He will probably replace Jack on the left and seriously it's a case where I'd say not my job, let Wenger do the thinking and I'll do the enjoying part. Yes, we do need a striker, but it's not an absolute necessity to get a top top striker, we can get a backup and use the money elsewhere if needed (if for example Sagna leaves), but if we do get a top super exceptional striker with great mental strength and overall quality then all the better.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 am

If we get 1 more season after this from Sagna, then Jenkinson and Bellirin may be ready, so we might not have to buy a RB.

City, United, Chelsea, Tottenham and even Liverpool have 3-4 first team strikers. We need the same.

Plus we've got the money, so it really is a position that can really make a difference if you have another top top quality player. Like Falcao or Cavani.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:01 am

2 weeks ago I thought we needed back up for Walcott also. But Gnabry looks great there. Maybe a RW signing that would improve on Walcott would be good.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 am

Subrat Koirala wrote:haha. you got me initially on Ramsey, but he's having a great time really. Ozil is magical. And agree on Giroud. He's a great striker in his own league. We've probably been more versatile with him in the team. However we still need a striker as going with only one established striker entire season will be too weak. And we'll most probably buy in January. Otherwise, there's so much promise in this team. Bring back Santi to this team and we'll start to see Ozil start centrally and drift wide. I think that's where he'll be even more effective if not already. The thing is, who does Santi replace in this team right now?
The thought of adding Cazorla to the midfield we saw against Napoli is bloody fantastic!

Wenger will surely start to rotate a little if Cazorla comes back into the squad now. Rest a different player each week maybe, however needs it most.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 am

I had doubted whether Arteta and Flamini together is a good idea.

But geez, it worked well. They were just a wall in front of the defence. Combined with Ramsey and Rosicky's pressure on their defence, they couldn't penetrate or even maintain possession!

Brilliant. So many options.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:32 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:I had doubted whether Arteta and Flamini together is a good idea.

But geez, it worked well. They were just a wall in front of the defence. Combined with Ramsey and Rosicky's pressure on their defence, they couldn't penetrate or even maintain possession!

Brilliant. So many options.
Yeah it worked really well, I think as they play more as well one or the other could get forward - id like to see Arteta make some more runs if he can as he has a good eye for goal.

I think with how willing Rosicky and Ramsey were out wide the other night just adds to the mix, looked very happy to just be a part of something special which is very healthy.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2