Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

+31
Ravneet Singh
loodle
pwoodman1
dbruce5
Dan Hakim
Marko Maksimović
yuval.b.nissan
Alex Hadjicharalampous
John Foxall
vyom.chaudhary
rea.nolan
Michael Schatzky
Mike York
Will.sheng
Jason Morrison
Chris Chan
Mohamed Samir
DaveToffy
Jenks1981
Mario
Vanig Bostanian
Zaid Derweesh
Subrat Koirala
Michael Foster
smoreno
Jonathan Prendergast
Darcy Gorman
Meshaal
ralph avedikian
Hisham El Mawan
Samritpal Singh
35 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) - Page 8 Empty Re: Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 am

Fair enough. I don't think so too, but let's give him a chance and see.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread) - Page 8 Empty Re: Man United vs ARSENAL (match thread)

Post by Michael Foster Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 am

Lol....one chance Andre....one chance..don't fuck it up..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:I agree with Vanig and think Arteta would have been a much more sensible option as Captain when the decision was made.

It's a bit frustrating that we realised this and Wenger didn't. Now he has backed himself into a corner. Dropping TV is a big deal.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Not to mention that at least he offered something going forward. Now he doesn't and on top of that, Poldi is contributing to nothing.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

I hate to say this but with the way things are going with podolski who would bet against a ride 'home' not really been to impressed with a few of his performances...he might run but not a lot of actual work being done.....a huge % of passes of been backwards ok his pass range % is 88% take off a good third of that for backwards movement....its really not something I want to be seeing...him and giroud were brought in as 'replacments' and yet we face the stark truth that robin has already bagged more than the two of them together..I know I know they need time to settle but out of the two I would have thought Lukas would have hit the ground running and hard...a lot of problems need to be addressed that will no doubt in my eye bring out the best in him.....but we are not seeing to much of it being done.....also funny how our recent decline coincides almost with the loss of diaby.....had some good solid all be it not high scoring games but got results....and now.....1-0 7-5 2-1 8 goals conceded just from 3 games.....I fully still belive its where a lot of our problems lie.....no hard core powerhouse in the middle to snuff out attacks.....

Yet again injuries pave our way to even just getting a simple win....time to bulk up arsen if you want to win....ship out the lightweights.....never really been the same since vieria left...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 am

Michael Foster wrote:I hate to say this but with the way things are going with podolski who would bet against a ride 'home' not really been to impressed with a few of his performances...he might run but not a lot of actual work being done.....a huge % of passes of been backwards ok his pass range % is 88% take off a good third of that for backwards movement....its really not something I want to be seeing...him and giroud were brought in as 'replacments' and yet we face the stark truth that robin has already bagged more than the two of them together..I know I know they need time to settle but out of the two I would have thought Lukas would have hit the ground running and hard...a lot of problems need to be addressed that will no doubt in my eye bring out the best in him.....but we are not seeing to much of it being done.....also funny how our recent decline coincides almost with the loss of diaby.....had some good solid all be it not high scoring games but got results....and now.....1-0 7-5 2-1 8 goals conceded just from 3 games.....I fully still belive its where a lot of our problems lie.....no hard core powerhouse in the middle to snuff out attacks.....

Yet again injuries pave our way to even just getting a simple win....time to bulk up arsen if you want to win....ship out the lightweights.....never really been the same since vieria left...

While I don't disagree with you, a couple of points:
- The season after Viera left, we made the champions league final. As good as Viera was, he rarely got us over the line in big cup games
- Including the 7-5 game in analysing our past 3 games and drawing a conclusion is very dubious. It was our second string, who have hardly played together. It was a freak game also, and not sign of how we are playing.

It's an interesting point and question about Diaby. Spain, Barca and other teams manage without a big physical midfielder. I think Arteta, Jack and Cazorla can do it.

Against Chelsea, we weren't outplayed. Same as Norwich.

I put the dip in form down to losing Gibbs and Vermaelen's bad form.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Completely agree with your feed back just feel that once still had the higher quality when viera left throughout the squad and that almost paid for his loss...just seams once it had taken affect with dips in form and losses in the bigger games it was never addressed we had diaby who was ment to be the replacement for him...all being injuries for so long I still felt Wenger had a very good option to replace the midfield engine rather than wait so long for diaby....true we had cesc and song and flamoney...but also soon as flamoney was let go people already knew we needed the replacement and yet nothing was done...we have always run the team with a powerhouse in the middle regardless of what flair and attacking players would have been around him...one of the big problems was trying to use cesc as this and still needing his forward movement...

While I do agree with jack arteta cazorla doing the job...this league is nor Spain nor barca...barca can play this way and on the road and do it affective because of the amount of class they have from front to back...something we do lack...the premiership is and always has been a very physical league most if not all teams adopt a player through the middle who is the engine,the one man wall call it whatever you will...Chelsea,Newcastle,man u,man city,Liverpool...the list is endless all have it in position just because its the nature of the league...I fell we cannot run this flair every game as it gives us a plan A and nothing else...and it shows big time and the last few games at least have highlighted it big time....

Also once again the injuries have played a part......as you said losing players, this will alone affect the way the rest work..and it also brings back to the question of the class and ability of our subs and reserves....a lot of matches against the big teams i look at the benches before kick off and think geeeze compare the two and 9 out of 10 times the other looks packed full of class....

Also to add what the hell has happens to our shape....not taking into account the 7-5 but the league and cl games we have been awfull...this all comes down to the class of player again...we lose a couple through injuries and the whole thing goes to pot...

I said what I did as a fully believe we have major problems to address if we are to win anything this season....capital one cup...imagine us getting Chelsea in the final....
I for one would not be looking forward to it the way we are playing..and right now its the most realistic pot we can get......

For all this said I just hope it all swings round in my face and they really get going...

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:25 pm

It's been 15 years since I first watched the Arsenal and became a Gooner. And it was against Manchester United, Novermber 9, 1997! We won the war 3-2 that day. It was a war. How times change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p7jAO-Wpfk

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 pm

War - probably the best way of describing an Arsenal-Manchester United game back when I started watching football (2000 / 2001).

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8