Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City vs Arsenal

+21
Assan Touray
Dan Hakim
John Foxall
smoreno
Meshaal
Mike York
dbruce5
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
Zaid Derweesh
Mario
Jason Morrison
Subrat Koirala
Durrell
Hisham El Mawan
Michael Foster
Mohamed Samir
Joey Schwab
nick t
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Man City vs Arsenal - Page 5 Empty Re: Man City vs Arsenal

Post by Chris Chan Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:00 am

Got back about an hour ago, absolutely knackered but was a good day out.

Support was immense today and we looked comfortable again. Their goal aside they didn't create a whole lot bar a few chances on the counter when we were pressing for an equaliser.

Their goal was hugely disappointing though, we had controlled that first half and limited City to not a whole lot if anything were on top. Then one corner, and as Mario said, was far too simple for them to score. The good thing though is you know that they will be out on the training ground with Steve Bould making sure it doesnt happen again.

Glad to hear Per got some recognition today, he was a beast and his experience and reading of the game comes shining through especially with the cover Arteta offers over Song leaving him 1 vs 1. In this form I don't see how you can drop him and he does offer more balance playing alongside TV or Kos than TV and Kos together. Clearly though we have three quality CBs which bodes well strength in depth wise.

Echo the plaudits for Corporal Jenkinson, another mature and assured performance, improving every game he plays. Before when Sagna got injured would absolutely brick it at the thought of anyone else playing RB, now I find myself forgetting we still have him to come back which is testament to how well Jenkinson has played this season.

Overall, the main thing is we clearly competed and created chances against a very good City side. It's not like in the past where we have passed it around, got into the final third, never really looked like scoring and then got hit on the counter and gone home 1-0 but never actually being in the game. Even if we had lost 1-0 today, I would have taken heart from the performance because we were always in the game. All in all a point at the Etihad is more than most teams will get there and we should be encouraged by the performance, this team actually looks hungry and like they will fight for each other and the fans this season.

P.S. I can't stand 'that' Robin chant, he has left, get over it!

P.P.S. City had absolutely shocking home 'support' if you can call it that. So quiet, it put the grove to shame.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Who wants to see a pathetic, petulant reaction from Gael Clichy after Wenger walks past him and his shit hair?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-gael-clichy-gets-all-upset-when-snubbed-by-arsene-wenger-before-man-city-1-arsenal-1/

"P.S. I can't stand 'that' Robin chant, he has left, get over it!

P.P.S. City had absolutely shocking home 'support' if you can call it that. So quiet, it put the grove to shame."

I was watching it out so couldn't really hear commentary and the sound clearly so couldn't make out chants or whatever but I've heard that Robin chant at every away game so far and unfortunately it's here to stay. And we need a better song for Podolski. It's got to be,

"Lu Lu Lu Lu, Lukas Podolski!"

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Who wants to see a pathetic, petulant reaction from Gael Clichy after Wenger walks past him and his shit hair?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-gael-clichy-gets-all-upset-when-snubbed-by-arsene-wenger-before-man-city-1-arsenal-1/

That's bloody fantastic! Well played Arsene! 'It's only been 9 years!' - Hahahaha, you tit Gael, go get a haircut!

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Mario Leontiou wrote:Who wants to see a pathetic, petulant reaction from Gael Clichy after Wenger walks past him and his shit hair?

Haha that is a great clip. Fair play on Wenger. I am liking his recent attitude towards players who don't/didn't want to play for us. If nine years was such a big deal to Clichy then he wouldn't have left so easily after them, screw him.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 pm

It would have been a brave man who put money on Arsene Wenger looking to solve some of the team’s defensive issues by re-deploying a cultured midfielder, but in moving Mikel Arteta back that’s exactly what he did.

The Spaniard’s discipline defensively has been outstanding, and when coupled with his passing ability it’s provided Arsenal with a solid and effective platform from which to dictate games.

Arteta himself is happy with the way things are going and is convinced that the new position suits both him and the team.

“Playing as a defensive midfielder was a big transition but it is more a mental thing,” he told the Evening Standard. “The boss is convinced that is the best thing for the team and I am, too, so let’s do it.

“If it works and in games like that where you probably think you need more physical presence but you still create and are able to match the physical ability and the way they play, it reinforces your belief. I am totally happy that is a good way to play.”

Man City vs Arsenal - Page 5 Arteta-passing-city
(Arteta's passing for Man City game)

The stand-in captain also had praise for Aaron Ramsey, calling the Welshman’s performance ‘superb’, despite playing in a position which isn’t fully natural to him.

Meanwhile, Vito Mannone says the team showed real character to come from behind against last season’s title winners.

“We did all we could do to put pressure on them,” he said. “It shows great character to come back, especially against the champions.

“The team performed really well and everyone gave everything to come back and get a point. Every save that can help the team, I am really happy with.

“I was not happy with the goal obviously but I came back stronger with some saves.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/09/arteta-convinced-by-new-role/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 am

Someone was looking for Koscielny's dribble from last night's match right?

Here :
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 am

Also loving this so much, I bookmarked it : Away end after Koscielny's goal
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:02 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:Also loving this so much, I bookmarked it : Away end after Koscielny's goal

Love it, we went fucking mental. You can see me, I'm the one in green in the centre of the shot Razz

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:05 am

Tactical analysis of last night's game :

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:06 am

Chris Chan wrote:
Samritpal Singh wrote:Also loving this so much, I bookmarked it : Away end after Koscielny's goal

Love it, we went fucking mental. You can see me, I'm the one in green in the centre of the shot Razz

Hahaha I can see you jumping man! Nicee!
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 am

Also very good support by the away fans last night!

Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 am

chelsea next weekend, you're chelsea next weekend
we know you are, we're sure you are
you're chelsea next weekend!

also: "city til you lose"

Chris Chan
Admin