Manchester City vs Arsenal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:16 am

After two not so good results, we should get back on track against a team that is very good at home and has just defeated Bayern away. Remember what our victory in Munich did to our confidence?
Szczesny
Sagna (if fit) Koscielny Mertesacker Gibbs
Ozil Flamini Ramsey
Jack Giroud Santi
I'd be tempted to play Rosicky instead of Santi, whose current form I don't like, but Tomas played on Wednesday and he is usually used sparingly by Wenger. Theo could also start if Sagna is fit.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 am

Prediction: 2-1 to us.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:34 am

Well this is going tits up so far......

Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 36
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:40 am

Kos taken off with a deep cut to his knee.....

Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 36
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by John Foxall on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:11 am

This was always going to be tough - Man City have scored pots of goals at home this season.

We've not been very streetwise though. Every time they counter attack one of their players picks it up in miles of space in the middle of the pitch. Time imo, to call into question the deification of Flamini. He's just a holding player. We wouldn't even be talking about him in such glowing terms if Wenger hadn't refused to buy another DM for five years. Now he's back he's doing a job but hardly amazing. I really think people have over-estimated his value to us. Arteta isn't the answer either. Flamini is getting dragged all over the shop today.

At the other end we're doing just about OK. One striker up front for an entire season isn't realistic though. We badly need reinforcements. Generally we have a few too much of the same type of player today and arguably we could've done with a little more balance generally this season. City are quicker and stronger.

We've had weak moments in all our games this season but at 4-2 this could get ugly.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Posts : 538
Join date : 2012-01-10
Location : Bordeaux, France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Schatzky on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:13 am

ugh 4-2, bloodbath, Just when Theo made it 2-3.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Posts : 341
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Schatzky on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:19 am

John Foxall wrote:This was always going to be tough - Man City have scored pots of goals at home this season.

We've not been very streetwise though. Every time they counter attack one of their players picks it up in miles of space in the middle of the pitch. Time imo, to call into question the deification of Flamini. He's just a holding player. We wouldn't even be talking about him in such glowing terms if Wenger hadn't refused to buy another DM for five years. Now he's back he's doing a job but hardly amazing. I really think people have over-estimated his value to us. Arteta isn't the answer either. Flamini is getting dragged all over the shop today.

At the other end we're doing just about OK. One striker up front for an entire season isn't realistic though. We badly need reinforcements. Generally we have a few too much of the same type of player today and arguably we could've done with a little more balance generally this season. City are quicker and stronger.

We've had weak moments in all our games this season but at 4-2 this could get ugly.


I agree John.
Tactically bad from Wenger too, I thought. Arteta has been poor for a couple of games, and perhaps he's suffering from burnout, but I think if he was started in midfield along side Flamini, he could have broken up some of City's runs.
To leave him out is in keeping with Wenger's idea that " playing home or away is immaterial, you just play your game" etc..as if Wenger thought he go go toe to toe with City trading punches...

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Posts : 341
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by John Foxall on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:35 am

Well we're not playing anymore. City are doing all the running now, we're so slow and they're still hungry.

In the case of their 5th goal, I can only guess that no-one gave Wilshere a man-on call. We're tired but that's disappointing.

Man City's squad is ridiculous. I'm not even sure they'll win the league because they've not been great away from home.

Given the fact that we always give the opposition a few chances (even the less impressive opposition), I still think we'll be very vulnerable against Utd, City and Chelsea, home and away. I think we'll lose against Chelsea to be honest.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Posts : 538
Join date : 2012-01-10
Location : Bordeaux, France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:35 am

Battered......

Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 36
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Schatzky on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:40 am

Gnabry, you boob....

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Posts : 341
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by John Foxall on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:47 am

Man City were at least twice as dangerous as us. We were playing a dangerous game and conceding six is a bit embarrassing. We looked drained at the end.

Only good news is that we won't have to play away at City again this season!!

I don't think we can afford to lose any more of these top of the table clashes. They also show that we're still not strong enough defensively against the best sides and the balance in the side isn't great. We're so slow to all the loose balls and then before we know it they're all over us like a rash. Our defensive shape was crap.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Posts : 538
Join date : 2012-01-10
Location : Bordeaux, France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:48 am

Cannot lose to Chelsea.....

Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 36
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by deep.gurung on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:56 am

was not able to watch the game due to electricity problem. usually i download or watch the game later online but a scoreline of 6 - 3 i think il pass this one. city definately has strong squad but six goals is a bit too much for my comfort. any news on koscielny. defo need him and merti's partenship

shiteeee we really cannot loose to chelsea. the title race was always going to be tight but was hoping we would be ushering in the new year with a few comfortable points.

deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Posts : 255
Join date : 2012-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:22 am

deep.gurung wrote:was not able to watch the game due to electricity problem. usually i download or watch the game later online but a scoreline of 6 - 3 i think il pass this one. city definately has strong squad but six goals is a bit too much for my comfort. any news on koscielny. defo need him and merti's partenship

shiteeee we really cannot loose to chelsea. the title race was always going to be tight but was hoping we would be ushering in the new year with a few comfortable points.
I'm not the only one who has electricity problems.
We were so so poor today. Should have gone with Arteta and Flamini. If people thought Arteta was poor in the last few games, what do you make of Flamini's performance today? That said, the whole team was poor, not just Flamini. It's like they had been given some sort of illegal supplements. We were second best for all lose balls. The Chelsea game is must win now, and I don't think we'll win it. We desperately need reinforcements in the striking department. I love Giroud, but we need someone who is technically a bit better. Seeing Aguero and Negredo, and Higauin the other day made me realize how awesome it would be if our striker could be a bit better with the ball.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:16 am

What a game.
Where any mistakes (by either team) were punished very harshly. Some top quality attacking.

Both teams had great periods. We really had 3 guilt edged chances, if not more early in the first half. Giroud's finishing has lost its sharpness that he showed earlier in the season.

And 4 great chances that were stopped by ridiculous assistant refereeing with their stupid trigger fingers. Why can't they keep themselves out of the game unless required?

In the end, they won the midfield, and won the game. Yaya and Ferandinho the 2 best players on the pitch.

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Sydney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:28 am

I don't think it was a good move to take off Flamini for Gnabry at 4-2. Why not take off Wilshire who was struggling. We need some stability in the middle, even when chasing a game.

It was a similar situation to when Wenger took off Coquelin against Man United at 3-1, and it ended up 8-2!

Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Sydney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:08 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:I don't think it was a good move to take off Flamini for Gnabry at 4-2. Why not take off Wilshire who was struggling. We need some stability in the middle, even when chasing a game.

It was a similar situation to when Wenger took off Coquelin against Man United at 3-1, and it ended up 8-2!
Mentioned exactly the same on twitter

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:15 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum