Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yann M'Vila

+24
Marko Maksimović
Justin Chew
Jenson Pais
John Foxall
Ashraf Peeran
Christopher Flanagan
Gopi
DaveToffy
Mario
Sami Rockfeller
CarolinaGunner87
Jonathan Prendergast
pwoodman1
Wesley Wang
ralph avedikian
Vanig Bostanian
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Chris Chan
Zaid Derweesh
Subrat Koirala
eyal.peer
Jason Morrison
Jenks1981
Samritpal Singh
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Yann M'Vila - Page 3 Empty Re: Yann M'Vila

Post by John Foxall Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm

A side with Rosicky starting more games than not isn't going to win anything.

A little bit dismissive for someone who has been very consistent since the turn of the year. If only the rest of the players were as consistent and mature as him. He is an excellent player. The fact that we won't win anything has more to do with most of his colleagues than him.

I'd agree though that Song is not sacred. He is an Arsene Wenger personal project, someone who still doesn't play like a mature footballer with a brain, but is capable of contributing well. His position is as a third midfielder as he certainly isn't a DM. M'Vila would be a super buy and could help make our spine stronger, the type of player that on form is one of the first names of the team sheet.

All of the rest - "what about Wilshere, Arteta, Song" etc is nonsense. We need to strengthen. End of.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Sat May 12, 2012 11:57 pm

John Foxall wrote:

A little bit dismissive for someone who has been very consistent since the turn of the year. If only the rest of the players were as consistent and mature as him. He is an excellent player. The fact that we won't win anything has more to do with most of his colleagues than him.

I'd agree though that Song is not sacred. He is an Arsene Wenger personal project, someone who still doesn't play like a mature footballer with a brain, but is capable of contributing well. His position is as a third midfielder as he certainly isn't a DM. M'Vila would be a super buy and could help make our spine stronger, the type of player that on form is one of the first names of the team sheet.

All of the rest - "what about Wilshere, Arteta, Song" etc is nonsense. We need to strengthen. End of.

Agree mostly with what John has to say. We need to strengthen the team as it is evident from this season that we aren't great. We are way behind the top 2 teams.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun May 13, 2012 12:44 am

Who said a side with player like Carrick and Anderson will win anything??

Rosicky should start unless we get a recognized attacking mid.. He is the only real option we have in that position.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sun May 13, 2012 8:45 am

John Foxall wrote:

I know you have the major horn for Rosicky John, and I know he has done well since he has got a regular run, but I stand by what I said there. He's not a good enough attacking midfielfer to be starting regularly in a winning side (in England). He has - I think - 4 goals and 4 assists in about 40 games this year. That is miles away from good enough. The sad reality with Rosicky is that he is not that efficient. He is a hard worker, he is very tidy, and he has a lot of quality. But that's not enough. He is, at best, a squad player. I don't mean to be too disrespectful to Rosicky as I do really like him but I think if you were honest with yourself (not just you specifically, anyone), you would agree that Rosicky does not contribute enough.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sun May 13, 2012 8:46 am

If Rosicky starts as many games next year as he has this year, we will be scrabbling around for 3rd or 4th again, let's put it that way.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sun May 13, 2012 8:47 am

ralph avedikian wrote: Rosicky should start unless we get a recognized attacking mid.. He is the only real option we have in that position.

Yes, that's exactly my point. Our options there are not good enough. I tend to think that Wilshere will go on to be our best fit there but for the moment, there is no-one. Rosicky is good but not good enough.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun May 13, 2012 7:21 pm

For the 1,000,000th time in the last few years, I agree with Chris...

If M'Vila came in he would be an automatic pick for me, as stated before. If I had to pick two other players who, if everyone was fit and firing would start more games than not it would be Arteta and Wilshire with Song and Rosicky on the bench. I say this because none of us have seen what Wilshire is capable of playing as the most advanced midfielder, I realise it will take time to ease him back in and rediscover form but he played in a more advanced role at every level for this club until making it to the first team and then having Cesc in front of him and Subo as well with his ego Wilshire played deeper, theyve gone and I truly believe once he regains form and fitness that Wilshire is the answer in that position, Rosicky being an able deputy for me. Song is a good option from the bench, but he isnt, the answer to anything.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun May 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Christopher Flanagan wrote:
John Foxall wrote:

I know you have the major horn for Rosicky John, and I know he has done well since he has got a regular run, but I stand by what I said there. He's not a good enough attacking midfielfer to be starting regularly in a winning side (in England). He has - I think - 4 goals and 4 assists in about 40 games this year. That is miles away from good enough. The sad reality with Rosicky is that he is not that efficient. He is a hard worker, he is very tidy, and he has a lot of quality. But that's not enough. He is, at best, a squad player. I don't mean to be too disrespectful to Rosicky as I do really like him but I think if you were honest with yourself (not just you specifically, anyone), you would agree that Rosicky does not contribute enough.

It's not all about statistics. I will give you one simple example, Iniesta. He has 2 goals and 9 assists (in la liga).. which is quite poor but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the best if not the best midfielder out there.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Chew Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 am

So is the 1% sealed then? Mvilla coming for CL football?

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon May 14, 2012 5:27 am

I thought we were going to announce a signing right after the West Brom game. Well, it is right after the West Brom game, I'm all ears.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon May 14, 2012 5:27 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:I thought we were going to announce a signing right after the West Brom game. Well, it is right after the West Brom game, I'm all ears.

Who said that?
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 am

I read it on the ever reliable twitter.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 am

Yeah what a load of crap that was.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon May 14, 2012 6:41 am

I don't think anything works on Sundays? Lawyers, banks, agents etc. So why would anyone announce a signing then? Normally it waits till the Monday after the match or sometime during the week after.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon May 14, 2012 6:44 am

If its announced in the next week I will eat my hat.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 am

I will too. I have big doubts about it happening... it's just it didn't make sense all along for a signing to be announced on a Sunday.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 am

If it does happen, you two have to provide video evidence of such hat-eating events.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 am

Dan Hakim wrote:If it does happen, you two have to provide video evidence of such hat-eating events.

Haha was thinking the same thing, then I thought,"maybe they have chocolate hats or something"
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon May 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:I read it on the ever reliable twitter.

The guys who came out with this news didn't say it would be announced a few hours after the final whistle. Give it a week or two. Though, I must say I'm not very optimistic at the moment.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue May 15, 2012 5:53 am

Ill upload a video no problem, ill be happy enough to eat worse than a hat if he signs!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 am

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 am

This transfer bubble always comes about when we're in the shit... Don't think there's anything to it. He's a badboy, no doubt we need someone like him to be a slightly more football-wise wall in front of our back 4 but it's not AW's style. He has a good record of bringing bad boys to the light but I dunno... always had my doubts. Stil do, about this one that is.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin C.A. Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 pm

I'll have him for sure

Kevin C.A.
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Apparently we're also being linked with Edin Dzeko and Wilfried Zaha.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by pwoodman1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm sure how much of a bad boy he actually is from what I've read he got banned fir going to a night club? He's clearly a talented player and we definitely need a DM.

Dzekos wages would be ridiculous he's surely on 200k + at city no way we'll match that, Zaha could be possible but that'll be down to walcott

pwoodman1
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum