Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea.

+10
Mike York
Siddharth Mehra
Durrell
Sami Rockfeller
Will.sheng
John Foxall
Jason Morrison
vyom.chaudhary
Vanig Bostanian
Stephen Mitchell
14 posters

Go down

AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea. Empty AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea.

Post by Stephen Mitchell Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:44 am

Just being reported on BBC now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17250464

Wow. What effect will this have on our season?
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea. Empty Re: AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea.

Post by Stephen Mitchell Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:48 am

To be honest, I think many of their problems are endemic within the squad, so a new manager might not change anything, really. Still, would have been nice for them to have been stuck in this rut for the rest of the season. He did seem pretty upset when being interviewed for MOTD after the game yesterday, reckon he knew it was coming?
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea. Empty Re: AVB "has parted company" with Chelsea.

Post by Stephen Mitchell Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:50 am

Just added, Di Matteo is taking over until the end of the season. I guess he has PL experience as a manager...
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 am

Hopefully, they end up not winning a single game from now on.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:Just added, Di Matteo is taking over until the end of the season. I guess he has PL experience as a manager...

he managed west brom for quite some time before hodgson took over.had a nice run for some time last year.guided them to the league.even won premier league manager of the month award

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:02 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:
Stephen Mitchell wrote:Just added, Di Matteo is taking over until the end of the season. I guess he has PL experience as a manager...

he managed west brom for quite some time before hodgson took over.had a nice run for some time last year.guided them to the league.even won premier league manager of the month award

Exactly, I meant that as temporary bosses go, he might be a good one. Still, we've gotta hope that the upheaval this causes derails them even further.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 am

No surprise at all. He's been their poorest manager for a decade. I don't think he's a bad manager though but his appointment was way too rushed. They really believed they were getting the new Mourinho which was never gonna be considering how young AVB is. He was always gonna have a battle on his hands to gain the respect of all those egos not to mention players his age and the fact that they've spent poorly and have had an oldish squad for a few years now...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:09 am

now i really hope Di Matteo turns out to be even worse then AVB.
on the other hand in an ideal scenario i will like us to finish 3rd,chelsea 4th and spuds on 5th Very Happy

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 am

Chelsea players have made i perfectly clear that they are not willing to be flexible.

AVB is hardly their worst manager for a decade. He, as a far less experienced version of Scolari, just wanted them to do things some of them wouldn't do. He'd hardly had a chance to bring in his own players.

Of course, he made mistakes but it was also a case of sticking to his guns. He was brought in to make the team play in a certain way but of course the squad wasn't right and as usual there were trouble makers.

That squad is a joke. Certain players obviously understand that they can more or less get a manager they don't like fired and it's worked again.

"now i really hope Di Matteo turns out to be even worse then AVB."

It depends what his mandate is. He's clearly not going to ruffle any feathers, just do whatever it takes to get Chelsea playing better again. If this means going back to a classic Chelsea-under-Mourinho model and doing more of what the players want then I'm sure he'll do it.

I hate this joke of a club.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 am

John Foxall wrote:Chelsea players have made i perfectly clear that they are not willing to be flexible.

AVB is hardly their worst manager for a decade. He, as a far less experienced version of Scolari, just wanted them to do things some of them wouldn't do. He'd hardly had a chance to bring in his own players.

Of course, he made mistakes but it was also a case of sticking to his guns. He was brought in to make the team play in a certain way but of course the squad wasn't right and as usual there were trouble makers.

That squad is a joke. Certain players obviously understand that they can more or less get a manager they don't like fired and it's worked again.

"now i really hope Di Matteo turns out to be even worse then AVB."

It depends what his mandate is. He's clearly not going to ruffle any feathers, just do whatever it takes to get Chelsea playing better again. If this means going back to a classic Chelsea-under-Mourinho model and doing more of what the players want then I'm sure he'll do it.

I hate this joke of a club.

I meant statistically their worst for a decade!!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 am

Laughable. He had absolutely no chance of succeeding with an ageing team. His mistake is coming to the club in the first place. I suppose they lining up Jose again?

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:55 am

This opens the door for Benitez, Guardiola and Mourinho speculation. Of the three, I'd be okay with them getting Benitez.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Durrell Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 am

Will.sheng wrote:Laughable. He had absolutely no chance of succeeding with an ageing team. His mistake is coming to the club in the first place. I suppose they lining up Jose again?

They'd have to offer Jose something very special indeed to get him to come back to the same system that got rid of him for shit reasons. Knowing now what he does about how Abramovich treats you when things aren't going how he likes. Also given that he could name his price at pretty much every team in the world bar Barcelona (and maybe Porto), why would he go back to that bullshit?
Durrell
Durrell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Will.sheng Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 am

Durrell wrote:
Will.sheng wrote:Laughable. He had absolutely no chance of succeeding with an ageing team. His mistake is coming to the club in the first place. I suppose they lining up Jose again?

They'd have to offer Jose something very special indeed to get him to come back to the same system that got rid of him for shit reasons. Knowing now what he does about how Abramovich treats you when things aren't going how he likes. Also given that he could name his price at pretty much every team in the world bar Barcelona (and maybe Porto), why would he go back to that bullshit?

Can only really go by speculation of the press when reports say he has 'unfinished business' with chelsea, and other news stating he has bought a house in london, keeps in close contact with his former players etc. Or maybe roman might admit he made a mistake getting rid of him. Highly unlikely roman would lose face like that of course tho. No manager at this rate will succeed at Chelsea. I mean, look at Avram Grant, probably the only successful manager post Mourinho, and he still got sacked. Who would want to manage them now? Any manager who has no ambition but are just looking at a huge pay off?

Of all the animosity aimed at our very own Wenger...i'm so glad we're not Chelsea

Will.sheng
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:32 am

If we were Chelsea we'd have Wenger fired six times already.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Siddharth Mehra Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 am

Things that last longer than a Chelsea manager -
Fergie's chewing gum
Abou Diaby's season
Time that Suarez actually spends on his feet
Kim Kardashians marriage
Spurs 0-2 lead at the Emirates
Stoppage time at Old Trafford

Feel free to add your own...
Siddharth Mehra
Siddharth Mehra
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 pm

ROBERTO DI MATTEO is up against it already at Chelsea because players like him even LESS than Andre Villas-Boas.

Blues have appointed Di Matteo until the end of the season.

But the move will do little to improve morale.

A source said: "The players could not stand AVB because of his arrogance. But, if anything, they like Roberto even less.

"He's just too cock-sure. They might unite behind him to start with but after a couple of bad results it will be just as bad, if not worse.

"It's a shambles from top to bottom. They just don't have a coach.

"There's no one to take control of training, no one for the players to look to."

Chelsea fans still like Di Matteo from his playing days, which were cut short by injury.

But after early success at MK Dons and winning promotion with West Brom, he was sacked by Baggies in 2011 after winning just 10 of 30 Prem games.

He was still out of work last summer when Villas-Boas drafted him in as his assistant.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4172707/Blues-stars-hate-Di-Matteo-even-more.html

Only a 'source' but still hope this is true for Arsenal's sake. The more disgruntled they are, the more points they will drop.

I felt a bit sorry for AVB as he was not given time to build his own side, no manager is at Chelsea, but on the other hand he should have known he wouldn't have had that time.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:08 am

Mike York wrote:A source said: "The players could not stand AVB because of his arrogance.
Yeah because none of those Chelsea players are arrogant.. What a joke.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle.noel Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 am

Lamps and Drogba on the bench for DiMatteo's first game LOL

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 am

They won, but Mata missed a pen. Would say it was 'only' Birmingham, but we can hardly talk..

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down