Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ox

+31
Christopher Flanagan
Justin Chew
Gopi
kdunn
FroddickGranson
vyom.chaudhary
Jonathan Prendergast
Wesley Wang
Samritpal Singh
Michael Foster
nick koupparis
Chris Chan
Zaid Derweesh
Joey Schwab
Mike York
Sue Lee
fkamil
Sami Rockfeller
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
eyal.peer
DaveToffy
Jenson Pais
Marko Maksimović
Jason Morrison
janelle.noel
khezar
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
Mohamed Samir
Evan Mullins
35 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Ox - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ox

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:
Current generation is shit music taste wise.

everyone throughout history has said this as they get older...
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by FroddickGranson Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:40 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:out of the current team only rosicky has a good taste of music.
read somewhere that master of puppets is his fav song and he plays guitar too.

Haha love this. Master of Puppets is one of the few songs that can pump me up on the way to work!

FroddickGranson
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 pm

vyom.chaudhary wrote:out of the current team only rosicky has a good taste of music.

So apart from having good hair he plays the guitar too? We MUST not sell him.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

as to have i....but in all honesty.....this generation of music is quiet poor......I mean come on,...n fucking dubs?!?!? What the hell is nappy all about...wears a hat that looks like a upturned saggy tit...

Twat..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Mike York wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:They should be made to sit down and listen to Radiohead 30 minutes per day until this changes..

Definately. Doesn't have to be Radiohead but some type of music not aimed towards pre-teens girls like Minaj would be nice.

I think it was in a Soccer AM team-mates someone said Mad Jens used to listen to heavy metal before games to pump himself up. Thats how it should be.

Rosicky as well! These are the footballers we need.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:27 am

Great performance by the kid today. He's coming on every game. I think its Gervinho and Theo battling for the wide positions til his form dips a bit.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 am

Does any one else think that his best position is on the wing? I know Wenger has talked a lot about his ability to play through the middle but we seem so congested there

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 am

kdunn wrote:Does any one else think that his best position is on the wing? I know Wenger has talked a lot about his ability to play through the middle but we seem so congested there

Wenger will play on the wings as he has all the attributes of a typical creative winger. He is a bit like Pires and Iniesta, tricky attacking midfielders who can pick a pass even when playing as a winger !!
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 am

kdunn wrote:Does any one else think that his best position is on the wing? I know Wenger has talked a lot about his ability to play through the middle but we seem so congested there

You've not seen him play for us in central midfield so far? So ofcourse!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm

AOC wants to score more for Arsenal
Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is happy to have made an impact with the first team and has vowed to be more of an attacking threat to opposing defenders.

The midfielder, who was signed by manager Arsense Wenger for £12 million last year, has scored two goals in the league from seven appearances and has impressed the Arsenal faithful to such an extent that he has been nicknamed 'the Ox'.

Fans repeatedly chant his name during matches calling on Wenger to bring on the former Southampton player.

Oxlade-Chamberlain wants to maintain his good form this season with better performances and he told the club website that he used to be more of a poacher in his younger years than he is now. He says that he will focus on his end-product in the penalty box so as to become an even more deadly weapon.

"I scored a few goals at [former club] Southampton, but it's a big area of an attacker's game and it's one I've always wanted to work on particularly," he told the official Arsenal Magazine.

"When I was younger I scored quite a lot but that dropped off as I got older and went into midfield. It's something I always look to bring to my game - and if I can't score then at least I can set somebody else up."

The 18-year-old has enjoyed his recent run in the first team and he believes that the experience will help with his development.

"To be honest, when I arrived in August the main thing was just to get comfortable with my surroundings and gain in confidence," he said.

"Hopefully I already had the raw materials.

"I've learned a lot here and developed my game, but the main thing has been belief in myself.

"When you play in a few games and realise that maybe you can cope in the Premier League you do take confidence from it.

"That's what I've done - I do thrive on pressure and being put into these situations, and I'm looking to push on now."

Many journalists in the media even called on England caretaker manager Stuart Pearce to include him in the squad for the upcoming friendlies. But Pearce opted to give a call-up to Sunderland striker Frazier Campbell instead.

Oxlade-Chamberlain could next be in action against Liverpool on Saturday. But as Theo Walcott impressed against Tottenham with a brace last weekend, Oxlade-Chamberlain might have to content himself with a place on the bench for the match.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item762139/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 am

I am still a bit miffed on why he was not included in the friendly against Holland would have been good to see him against class internationals but that said I would rather have him 100% fit and sharp for Saturday...I am hoping he gets a good run at Liverpool...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am

Pretty easy to see why not, Young, Walcott, Downing, Welbeck, pretty much all of them start for their clubs. Where is the space to pick a youngster who hasplayed only a handful of first team games

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 am

Chris Chan wrote:Pretty easy to see why not, Young, Walcott, Downing, Welbeck, pretty much all of them start for their clubs. Where is the space to pick a youngster who hasplayed only a handful of first team games

Because all of the above have played a good few international games...and for an absolutely pointless game...why not,gives coaches a chance to see how he performs against other nationals for England,let him step up no point wrapping up this boy..he is chomping at the bit to get it on...just help him develope..don't over play him and it will do wonders...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 am

You don't 'develop' players when you have a major tournament coming up. It is about working out who your best 23 are to take. Even if the Ox gets picked, he'll play a fairly minor role at the tournament

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:46 am

I agree with Chan. And I'm glad - I don't want Ox going to the Euros. Anyway, he played for the U21s, which was more game time and probably better experience frankly. No need to rush them.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:52 am

I ment let him develope into the national squad senior...let him live with the higher profile for a bit see how he handles it...he is ready to go..let him...
They took walcott and ox is better developed than theo was of the age....

He should go.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 am

Michael Foster wrote:I ment let him develope into the national squad senior...let him live with the higher profile for a bit see how he handles it...he is ready to go..let him...
They took walcott and ox is better developed than theo was of the age....

He should go.

I was so relieved to see him in the U21s, he hasnt even been that good for us in the last few games let alone pick him in the England Squad, give him chance please.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:21 am

I think it is generally accepted that taking Theo to the WC was a horrible decision that has probably hindered his career

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 pm

This ^^^

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Young up-and-comer Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed that he draws a lot of inspiration from the resurgent Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky.

The experienced midfielder has had his share of injury trouble in recent seasons, but as of late has been absolutely outstanding for the gunners and has been rightly been rewarded with a regular starting spot.

While the Ox also highlights the influence of main attacking players Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott and Gervinho, the way Rosicky plays in midfield has especially drawn Chamberlain’s eye as that is where he started his career.

Chamberlain told official Arsenal website Arsenal.com:

"I look at Theo [Walcott], Gervinho and Robin [van Persie] as the three main attacking players and more recently I have been watching Tomas Rosicky because he’s been outstanding.

Robin has taken most of the headlines and rightfully so with all of his fantastic goals but quietly I think Tomas has been playing absolutely amazing.

I started my career as a central midfielder and the way that he gets the ball in midfield, turns and runs at people just makes things happen."

At present Chamberlain is able to play both as a winger and as an attacking midfielder, but it seems Wenger prefers the young Englishman out wide due to his lack of experience.

As an exceptional talent the Ox has the ability to play both positions the youngster has already been touted as the future of Arsenal.

http://allarsenal.com/news/ox-watching-rosicky-outstanding/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:09 am

Chris Chan wrote:I think it is generally accepted that taking Theo to the WC was a horrible decision that has probably hindered his career

I completly agree with this...had said tho I believe the ox is or I should say appears to be more of a 'man' than what Theo was at the time of heading off to the world cup...says it all when Theo was there he was busy taking 'photos'.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 am

But he is still young and raw. The pressure of a major competition could suffocate his progress more than it will help him, after all he could have 5+ major tournaments in his career even if he doesnt go to these Euros. Imo, the olympics is probably a better stage for the Ox

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 pm

I agree chris either tourney would be good for him....just don't want to see him held back,ok let him develope at a rate that won't over use him or burn him out...but he needs a big tournament imo...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:39 am

a big tournament for what? he has plenty in the future, sending him to the euros is a terrible idea, he wont even play and get hyped far too quickly. Much better playing club football and proving yourself on that stage before stepping. up. The Olympics is a minor tournament which is why it'll be a good thing for the Ox.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 am

Who 'needs' a big tournament? Can't think of any young player that it has done any good.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum