Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ox

+31
Christopher Flanagan
Justin Chew
Gopi
kdunn
FroddickGranson
vyom.chaudhary
Jonathan Prendergast
Wesley Wang
Samritpal Singh
Michael Foster
nick koupparis
Chris Chan
Zaid Derweesh
Joey Schwab
Mike York
Sue Lee
fkamil
Sami Rockfeller
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
eyal.peer
DaveToffy
Jenson Pais
Marko Maksimović
Jason Morrison
janelle.noel
khezar
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
Mohamed Samir
Evan Mullins
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Ox - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ox

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Lets not build him up too much, eh? We've built up everyone from Walcott to Merida to Emmanuel-Thomas to Barazite to... to... the point is, lets give him the time and space to develop without the weight of expectation.

Frankly it's dangerous; Walcott and Arshavin are in poor form, and Gervinho wasn't too much better before he left. RVP is carrying the goalscoring burden of about 6 players on his shoulders (Walcott, Arshavin, Gervinho, Chamakh, Park, and Ramsey), and we're looking like not getting into the CL spots. We all need a savior, but is Ox ready for that? I don't think so. I would rather we went out and bought someone who could make an immediate impact, ala Gotze, Hazard, Podolski or other, rather than crush Ox under the weight of expectation.

Over reliance on youngsters is kinda what we do though these days, look through the squad Schezney, Ramsey and Wilshire have only been playing first team football regularly here for the last 12 months, and these are players we rest so much on already.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 am

How much older is Goetze?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:How much older is Goetze?

Goetze's 19 I think. Imagine a team with Wilshere, Goetze, Ramsey and Chamberlain in it, and RvP up top. Damn.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 am

Only one problem there, we arent going to sign Goetze

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 am

Gotze is established though. Ox is not. And Jenks you're right, we rely on these kids.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by nick koupparis Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:
eyal.peer wrote:Arsene says he was fatigued. It was precautionary I guess, I don't think Arsene believed Arashavin has more to offer to the game.

The kid is barely 18. Subbing him off in his first major PL game at that stage is not whacked. It makes proper sense.

Yeah, now that I've calmed down a bit, I can see the sense in Wenger's decision. It's just our luck that we didn't have anyone better than Arshavin to replace Chambo with. But for me, he's definitely earned a starting place until Gervinho returns.

Benayoun?

No Fekin sence again AW playing by numbers the Boy was buzzin had United rocking. Fatigued? what about Rambo and Theo they must be exhausted! And to bring on AA even if Ox just stood still or sat on the centre circle for the rest of the game he would have made more of a contribution to the game than the Sad Russian!
nick koupparis
nick koupparis
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DHYvS8S1J0&noredirect=1

Alex's highlights from United. When you see them all in a row you can see how special this kid is going to be.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:08 am

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could be a surprise inclusion in England's 2012 squad after impressing coach Fabio Capello against Man United.

Arsenal may have lost the game at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday but the game was a triumph for the 18-year-old Gunners starlet who left a lasting impression on the crowd, including Capello.

Oxlade-Chamberlain set up Arsenal's goal in the 2-1 defeat while boss Arsene Wenger was roundly booed when he substituted him shortly afterwards, and Capello has now indicated he is keen for the winger to feature in some of England's pre-Euro 2012 friendlies.

The Three Lions coach was quick to pass on a message of congratulations to the player after Sunday and has revealed that he plans to keep close tabs on England Under-21 star Oxlade-Chamberlain for the remainder of the season, with a view to him possibly being involved with England's squad for this summer's European Championships.

Capello has previously said this season: "I have been impressed. He is a good player who has a lot of quality and is playing at a high level. He will be a really interesting player for the friendly games before the Euros, which will hopefully happen for us."

http://www.clubcall.com/arsenal/gunners-starlet-on-england-radar-1372261.html
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:20 am

I hope he doesn't go to Euro 2012.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:I hope he doesn't go to Euro 2012.

Same here. Hope he develops in his own sweet time. The UK press is a harsh entity, they'll build him up for the tournament and if he doesn't perform they'll turn mobs against him.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
Zaid Derweesh wrote:I hope he doesn't go to Euro 2012.

Same here. Hope he develops in his own sweet time. The UK press is a harsh entity, they'll build him up for the tournament and if he doesn't perform they'll turn mobs against him.

One of the reasons walcott should never have gone or been mentioned going....
To be fair I think ox seams more of a mature lad than Theo who still looks like he is having 'rabbit in headlights' effect
And I think oxo would cope far better with it and would actually relish the idea...rather than Theo who went got startled and resorted to taking souvenir photos.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has already shown glimpses of his huge potential since arriving at Arsenal in the summer with a number of impressive cameo performances, not least in last weekend's full Barclays Premier League debut against reigning champions Manchester United.

The 18-year-old midfielder netted goals in both of his first two starts for the Gunners in the UEFA Champions League and the Carling Cup, and went on to set up Robin Van Persie's goal at the Emirates Stadium last Sunday.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has shown a fearless streak that has earned praise from his manager Arsene Wenger, who says the talented youngster boasts similar traits to that of Wayne Rooney - which can only bode well for the future, for both Arsenal and England.

"He looks to have [the same fearlessness as Rooney]," the Frenchman told Arsenal.com. "Now he has to show that he can play all the time but I believe he can.

"We have produced more players in the last 15 years than all of the top clubs in Europe put together and we are not scared to play players when they are of the level. I believe he has [that level]."

The England U21 international has been primarily deployed in a wide position for the Gunners this season, but is equally competent when drifting in off the flank.

Wenger is confident that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be able to operate in a number of different roles as he continues his development in north London.

"He can play centrally as well but he has grown up as a winger," he added.

"And now I think as well he can play central midfield because he can produce a long pass, he can dribble. At that age, you know, you start first on the wing."

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/wenger-ox-reminds-me-of-rooney
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:22 am

Mike York wrote:Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has already shown glimpses of his huge potential since arriving at Arsenal in the summer with a number of impressive cameo performances, not least in last weekend's full Barclays Premier League debut against reigning champions Manchester United.
Wenger is confident that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be able to operate in a number of different roles as he continues his development in north London.

"And now I think as well he can play central midfield because he can produce a long pass, he can dribble. At that age, you know, you start first on the wing."

Jenson Pais wrote:I can see why most of the Arsenal fans want to see him play regularly. He is like a breath of fresh air. For an 18 year old kid he is phenomenal. You get the same vibe with him as you got when Wilshere exploded into the scene. His awareness and his passing is crisp and we will see him play centrally in a few years. But he still has qualities that a wide player should possess, decent pace and ability to take on defenders and beat them.

Whey, Wenger echoes my sentiments about le Ox. Wenger after all did play Cesc as Right midfielder for a while. We were all like confused with Wenger's decision to play him as a winger Laughing
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 am

Jenson Pais wrote:
Mike York wrote:Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has already shown glimpses of his huge potential since arriving at Arsenal in the summer with a number of impressive cameo performances, not least in last weekend's full Barclays Premier League debut against reigning champions Manchester United.

Jenson Pais wrote:I can see why most of the Arsenal fans want to see him play regularly. He is like a breath of fresh air. For an 18 year old kid he is phenomenal. You get the same vibe with him as you got when Wilshere exploded into the scene. His awareness and his passing is crisp and we will see him play centrally in a few years. But he still has qualities that a wide player should possess, decent pace and ability to take on defenders and beat them.

Whey, Wenger echoes my sentiments about le Ox. Wenger after all did play Cesc as Right midfielder for a while. We were all like confused with Wenger's decision to play him as a winger Laughing

Errrmmm when did Fabregas play for any significant period as a right sided midfielder??

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:51 am

He did play as a right midfielder back when he used to wear the number 15 on the back of his jersey. Wenger said he wanted to help him get used to the physicality of the PL !! Vieira and Gilberto/Edu used to play centrally back then !!
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:14 am

Jenson Pais wrote:He did play as a right midfielder back when he used to wear the number 15 on the back of his jersey. Wenger said he wanted to help him get used to the physicality of the PL !! Vieira and Gilberto/Edu used to play centrally back then !!

A few times yes but not in any kind of the same way that Chamberlain will play on the right, he may play there for a few years, many years before moving centrally. Cesc literally filled in there, even in his breakthrough season he mainly played in the middle due to injuries to Viera, Gilberto and Edu. I still dont understand your comparison?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Jenson Pais wrote:He did play as a right midfielder back when he used to wear the number 15 on the back of his jersey. Wenger said he wanted to help him get used to the physicality of the PL !! Vieira and Gilberto/Edu used to play centrally back then !!

A few times yes but not in any kind of the same way that Chamberlain will play on the right, he may play there for a few years, many years before moving centrally. Cesc literally filled in there, even in his breakthrough season he mainly played in the middle due to injuries to Viera, Gilberto and Edu. I still dont understand your comparison?

I am not comparing Cesc to Ox, it's just Wenger who played Cesc on the wings along with Diaby some time ago Razz At least Ox started out as winger and he has all the tricks in his locker to play as creative winger. With Ramsey and Wilshere already playing centrally I see Ox playing wide left for a long time unless injuries force Wenger to play him centrally.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Arsene Wenger believes Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's rapid development may put him in the frame for a starring role with England at Euro 2012.

A series of impressive displays have made the 18-year-old an instant favourite with the Arsenal fans.

Gunners boss Wenger sees no reason why the winger cannot put himself into contention for Fabio Capello's squad in Poland and Ukraine this summer.

"You cannot rule it out - we will see in the next three months," said Wenger.

"If he does well, why not? It is not because you are young that you cannot play. We live in a world of immediacy.

"I would not have expected him to be so mature in September because he still looked like a boy.

"Now suddenly he looks like he can take pressure and that he has the personality to produce under pressure."

Oxlade-Chamberlain underlined his growing stature with a textbook display of pacy wing play in last Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United, leading to frustration in the crowd when he was replaced by Andrey Arshavin.

Meanwhile, Wenger admitted that, despite his love for the FA Cup, the Premier League remains his primary focus.

The Gunners host Aston Villa in the fourth round on Sunday on the back of three successive league defeats.

The Frenchman has always prioritised the league, despite four FA Cup successes in his 15 years with the club.

"I love the FA Cup, and I will always fight to win it, but I have always told you exactly the same - the priority is to be in the top four," he said.

"I won it [the Cup] four times and lost one final, and I don't know how many semi-finals. I always try to win every single competition.

"If you look at my record you will see the FA Cup is important for me. I think our record is better than all of them over the past 15 years."

Arsenal's most recent trophy was the FA Cup seven years ago, but Wenger insists he would not take Wembley glory in May ahead of another campaign in the Champions League next year.

"In recent years, I felt that we produced always the consistency at the top, top level and it is not enough for some people maybe, but for me that is the brand of a top level club - consistency in the top four," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16776369.stm

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g

Randomly saw this. Singing in his car to Nicki Minaj. His music taste is now the first/only thing that I don't like about him Sad
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:17 am

Mike York wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g

Randomly saw this. Singing in his car to Nicki Minaj. His music taste is now the first/only thing that I don't like about him Sad

Not only him but 9/10 of Arsenal players have shit music taste haha.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesley Wang Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:24 pm

I wonder what's going to happen once Gervinho returns. The Ox can't be dropped on current form, and Wenger won't drop Walcott for fear it will shatter his confidence.
Wesley Wang
Wesley Wang
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Samritpal Singh wrote:
Mike York wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g

Not only him but 9/10 of Arsenal players have shit music taste haha.

They should be made to sit down and listen to Radiohead 30 minutes per day until this changes..
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Why are there so many videos of Arsenal players singing to shitty music in their cars? There are a few by the Ox there was one by Jack and Afobe also has done a few I guess.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:They should be made to sit down and listen to Radiohead 30 minutes per day until this changes..

Definately. Doesn't have to be Radiohead but some type of music not aimed towards pre-teens girls like Minaj would be nice.

I think it was in a Soccer AM team-mates someone said Mad Jens used to listen to heavy metal before games to pump himself up. Thats how it should be.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm

out of the current team only rosicky has a good taste of music.
read somewhere that master of puppets is his fav song and he plays guitar too.

Current generation is shit music taste wise.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum