Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months

+11
Ed Spence
DaveToffy
Jenson Pais
Marko Maksimović
Wesley Wang
Zaid Derweesh
Hisham El Mawan
Jenks1981
Joey Schwab
Christopher Flanagan
Chris Chan
15 posters

Go down

Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months Empty Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months

Post by Chris Chan Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 am

BBC reporting a fractured cheekbone and that he will be out for 3 months. Just what he didn't need

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months Empty Re: Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:06 am

As we were saying in the other thread, the biggest issue is that he'll now spend two of the most important years of his career with a significant period of injury. It will affect his development. Bad times. All the best to him and let's hope he recovers physically and psychologically as soon as possible.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months Empty Re: Emmanuel Frimpong out for three months

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:07 am

I once took a boot to the face whilst attempting a diving header. I can confirm it hurts like a motherfucker.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:24 am

Yikes, just seen the video - that looks bad. Terrible luck for him, especially after last year. Wolves fans were already raving about him as the savior for their season.

At least we know he's truly an Arsenal player...
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:32 am

Lets just hope he recovers fully and is alright.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:39 am

Can someone post the video? I can't find it.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:47 am

More from Wolves midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong, taken to hospital with a facial injury after an accidental clash with Aston Villa's Stiliyan Petrov, on Twitter: "You lot should stop caring about me. I hope Petrov's foot is on after hitting a metal face!"

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 am

Got to love the kid. Just hope it doesnt hinder his development too greatly, such shitty luck when he is on the cusp of the first team

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:53 am

Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 am

Thanks for the post. Damn, that looked painful.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesley Wang Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 am

All reports saying there's not serious damage to his face and neck, just swelling around the eye. I expect him to be back fairly soon.
Wesley Wang
Wesley Wang
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 am

Ye, out for 3 months was a bit of a knee-jerk!
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 am

He goes on loan to another club and the injury plague follows him there and he gets a boot to the face. The whole universe seems to be conspiring against Arsenal at the moment Mad
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 am

Christopher Flanagan wrote:I once took a boot to the face whilst attempting a diving header. I can confirm it hurts like a motherfucker.
This. Feel terrible for the guy but hope he recovers soon.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Spence Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 am

I think it was a shame he went out on loan at all tbh with Coquelin being asked to fill in at full back we don't have any real cover for Song. I know he need more 1st team experience, but I think we should have kept him.

Hope he recovers quickly.
Ed Spence
Ed Spence
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 am

Frimpong needed the loan, he needed a consistent run of matches. Le coq has already had a couple of seasons under his belt. It was the right move at the time and I believe still is, it is just unfortunate his face got in the way of Petrov's boot

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 pm

What shit luck this kid has with injury. He goes on loan to gain first team experience and he's out for 3 months?! Feel really bad for the guy. Get well soon Frimmy!

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 pm

He was having a great game before the injury too. Real energetic and some nice passes. It was nice to see the stadium all stand and applaud as he was stretchered off, the Wolves fans obviously like him already.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 am

Mike York wrote:He was having a great game before the injury too. Real energetic and some nice passes. It was nice to see the stadium all stand and applaud as he was stretchered off, the Wolves fans obviously like him already.

Have you been to any Wolves forums since the loan started? They are raving about him - seen comments like "if we stay up this season he is THE reason why" and "not sure why Wenger is still looking for a Vieira type player - he's already found him, and his name is Frimpong."

Maybe it speaks more about the general level of shit they are used to up there than it does to Frimmy but still, encouraging.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Joey Schwab wrote:
Mike York wrote:He was having a great game before the injury too. Real energetic and some nice passes. It was nice to see the stadium all stand and applaud as he was stretchered off, the Wolves fans obviously like him already.

Have you been to any Wolves forums since the loan started? They are raving about him - seen comments like "if we stay up this season he is THE reason why" and "not sure why Wenger is still looking for a Vieira type player - he's already found him, and his name is Frimpong."

Maybe it speaks more about the general level of shit they are used to up there than it does to Frimmy but still, encouraging.

Hahaha very nice.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Ed Spence wrote:I think it was a shame he went out on loan at all tbh with Coquelin being asked to fill in at full back we don't have any real cover for Song. I know he need more 1st team experience, but I think we should have kept him.

Hope he recovers quickly.

We always had Djourou and Yennaris to play right back if Song gets injured and Coquelin is required in holding mid.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down