Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diaby out for 8-9 months

+7
Steve Dawson
Michael Foster
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Schatzky
Hisham El Mawan
kique.canto
Mario
11 posters

Go down

Diaby out for 8-9 months  Empty Diaby out for 8-9 months

Post by Mario Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 am

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Diaby out for 8-9 months  Empty Re: Diaby out for 8-9 months

Post by kique.canto Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:06 am

I feel so bad for him. He has everyone beat when it comes to injuries. I really hope Jack's isn't long term as well.
kique.canto
kique.canto
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 am

kique.canto wrote:I feel so bad for him. He has everyone beat when it comes to injuries. I really hope Jack's isn't long term as well.

I hear Jack will be back soon. He won't be included in the squad for Reading, but I think he'll be a possibility after that.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by kique.canto Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 am

O that's great to hear. I was getting paranoid reading the negative news.
kique.canto
kique.canto
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 am

What can you really say about it anymore? I feel really badly for Diaby. Hopefully at some point ,somewhere, he will be able to maintain his fitness and play for a few years straight.
He was touted as the most talented French player of his age group, and has never had a chance to prove it.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 am

I do feel sad for him, but I feel even sadder for us. He is such a waste in the 25 man squad and in terms of wages. He has to go. Not sure who is dumb enough to pay money for him.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:02 am

Wilshere’s forced absence to end for Norwich

With the news of Abou Diaby’s cruciate injury still reverberating, it’s good to know the club are being extremely cautious with another, sadly, injury prone midfielder.

Jack Wilshere has missed Arsenal’s last two games, having been told he’d be left out for his own good. Arsene Wenger today explained that Wilshere wasn’t in any great discomfort, but having reviewed scans it was decided that the England international would be given a period of rest so as not to exacerbate the problem, and admitted it didn’t necessarily go down well.

“He had a difficult moment of course when we told him because he didn’t feel any special pain. But he knows he has to take care of his future. Because he is a very young player, I think he accepts it.

“We will rest him when it is needed. He has regular scans and as soon as we have an alert we will respect it no matter what is at stake.”

Wilshere is expected to miss the next two games, against Reading and West Brom, but all going well should be back for the Norwich game. And while the club are criticised often for the injury problems, credit where it’s due this time around.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/03/wilsheres-forced-absence-to-end-for-norwich/

At least we're taking care of Wilshere.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:04 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:I do feel sad for him, but I feel even sadder for us. He is such a waste in the 25 man squad and in terms of wages. He has to go. Not sure who is dumb enough to pay money for him.

Its such a true statement....I like the lad but in terms of the good for arsenal we simply have to let him go.....I wish him well but its just constantly a dead player and wages.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 am

Absolutely gutted for the poor sod. On his day he can be a great player, but he needs a run of games to find his consistency but can never seemingly stay fit for more than 2 months at a time. Such a shame, surely this is the end of his career at the club? I do wonder who would want to buy such an injury prone player but maybe he'd be open for a mutual contract termination?

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 pm

The injury crisis at Arsenal seems not to be abating. Just when some players are thought to be returning back to action, they are further ruled out again. Just last the news hit the stands that Theo Walcott has been ruled out for a further 2 weeks and to make it worst for Arsenal and their fans, French midfielder is said to have had a set back during in his bid to make a return back the Arsenal squad from Injury.

Diaby who has been ruled out since March is set to miss out on action till March which will make it exactly one year since the highly rated but injury prone midfielder has been ruled out.

Diaby was initially thought to be out for just 6 months it then became 9 months and now a year which makes you wonder if the Frenchman whose career has been blighted with injuries ever since he broken by Danny Smith of Sunderland in 2006.

Still missing from action are the likes of Podolski ( not back till November ), Theo Walcott ( expected back in November as well ), Oxlade-Chamberlain ( expected back early December ), Yaya Sanogo ( no return date ) and Gedion Zalelam ( No return date ).

http://goonerhead.com/breaking-news-arsenal-midfielder-ruled-out-for-5-more-months/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=breaking-news-arsenal-midfielder-ruled-out-for-5-more-months

When he plays I like watching Diaby. He can boss games. But he has to go at the end of his contract surely. Or at least a pay as you play deal. Has there been another player in the league who has made more money whilst being injured?
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 pm

:-/ poor lad feel so bad for him. Anyone saying we should cut our losses on him doesn't understand what this great club is about, we should stand by him and pray that he can contribute again one day, we have adequate cover and lets be fair we don't even need to give him a squad number if there isn't room. Get well soon lad, look forward to seeing you score in the future.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 pm

its arsene, he always sticks by the players he believes in. he doesn't shaft his players its always the other way around. its a really shit situation, diaby was one of those players who i was really looking forward to.
fingers crossed he doesn't pull a van persie
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:55 am

I read the first post and thought Jack was out. I'm not exactly relying on Diaby's fitness to lead us to glory, so any game time he gets this season, next season, or the season after is a bonus for him, and hopefully for us. I feel bad for the guy on one hand, and I feel bad for myself on the other, I really wish I was a millionaire with a job this easy.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has begun his latest comeback in a desperate attempt to save his Arsenal career.

Jinxed Diaby started running last week and is hopeful he is now on the long road to recovery after his latest heartbreaking injury.

French midfielder Diaby, cursed by knocks throughout his career, had to undergo further surgery last month after a setback in his recovery from cruciate knee ligament damage.

Diaby, whose contract at the Gunners expires in 2015, is determined to get back on the pitch and manager Arsene Wenger has consistently backed him.

Wenger believes the 27-year-old could return to action in March, although running is only the first step on his long comeback.

Meanwhile, Wenger is hoping forward Lukas Podolski - who resumed training with the first team this week following an August hamstring injury - could return before Christmas.

Midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee) is hoping to train properly in mid-December and be back for the New Year.

http://www.arsenalfcweb.co.uk/Latest-Arsenal-News/Diaby_has_begun_his_comeback_.php
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 am

Best of luck to Diaby.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:18 am

BACK IN FULL TRAINING 1ST APRIL!!

ALL OUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:37 am

Jenks1981 wrote:BACK IN FULL TRAINING 1ST APRIL!!

Almost an April fools joke in itself lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:43 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:BACK IN FULL TRAINING 1ST APRIL!!

Almost an April fools joke in itself lol
Us fans can be such bastards sometimes Sad
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:20 am

lol easy with the bastard name calling...

The sad truth is he is good player who can contribute, in several positions for me, but he wont ever be fit enough his body just isn't up to it I think at the best he should be considered a luxury and should never be relied upon

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Jenks1981 wrote:lol easy with the bastard name calling...

The sad truth is he is good player who can contribute, in several positions for me, but he wont ever be fit enough his body just isn't up to it I think at the best he should be considered a luxury and should never be relied upon

Hahaha Very Happy I rate Diaby, and from the chatter I've gathered that he's done rehab in France and he's pretty strong. Hopefully he can contribute. Even if it's only for a game Smile
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 am

Marko Maksimović wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:lol easy with the bastard name calling...

Hahaha :DI rate Diaby, and from the chatter I've gathered that he's done rehab in France and he's pretty strong. Hopefully he can contribute. Even if it's only for a game Smile

with his track record of injuries it will be one game,,lol

on a serious note i too have been hearing he has done rather well in rehab and fitness...could this be the long awaited injury free player we were crying for....we shall see

Well it seams like I got this one spot on...... He came back for a 45 min stint..... And yep you guessed it he is injured... Again!!

good luck diaby...

Very Happy

Last edited by Michael Foster on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:16 am

always rated diaby highly. i hope this won't be another rvp in making, have one brilliant full season and off to some lala land
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 pm

No new news on this injury set back again apart from a groin strain.... Sheesh.... When will we get to see him in action again...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down