Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Man Utd

+51
marhabr
cozypilo
Marko Maksimović
Kris Torres
FroddickGranson
eyal.peer
Aseem Bajpai
Stevel024
Justin Chew
kique.canto
Yash
David Hogan
ralph avedikian
Eric Johns
OsamaMahfooz
Jenson Pais
Callum Hind
Evan Mullins
Michael Schatzky
Ben Wingfield
Michael Foster
Christopher Flanagan
Richard Wallace
Ravneet Singh
Pat McMenimen
Hisham El Mawan
janelle.noel
Jason Morrison
Zaid Derweesh
Mike York
Jonathan Prendergast
Joey Schwab
jason.mandryk
Vijay Saibola
Sami Rockfeller
ChippyBrady
luke_kennedy
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
Darcy Gorman
Samritpal Singh
Mario
ShravanVBhat
Liam Bermingham
Graham Edward Denton
Stephen Mitchell
danan.sonokun
Chandler Cross
vyom.chaudhary
Mohamed Samir
Chris Chan
55 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Man Utd - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Man Utd

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:31 am

luke_kennedy wrote:did we ever have so much injuries when Gary Lewin was our physio??just a thought.How many injuries have happened in training or warm up matches?Wenger picks the coaches.
Just a thought to balance it out.

petty one i know :-)

Luke i've literally just watched the season review DVD 05/06 today as ive got man flu, that season we were decimated with injuries throughout the campaign, its nothing new, as you know. Lewin was at the club then.

In that squad though, just for strikers, Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie and Adebayor...we dont have options like that anymore!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by luke_kennedy Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:58 am

fair point jenks.it was just something that flew into my head as a thought.never researched it. ill take the egg off my face now lol
hope man flu clears up!its a killer

luke_kennedy
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 am

That's some shitty team news. I have a feeling they will win 3 or 4-0.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:20 am

Mohamed Samir wrote:It's his fault that we didn't sign at least a LB this window.

We have Santos, Gibbs, Vermaelen and Jenkinson all of whom have played left back for a period of their career. We have fuck loads of left backs. You can't legislate for that many injuries.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 am

I'd be amazed if we don't lose with that sort of line up. We really needed some positive injury news going into this match.

I would probably start Rosicky but you never know which Rosicky is going to turn up. The useful, experienced, sensible one, or the one who stands does absolutely nothing of use and then gets the hook. If we get another Old Trafford performance from him, he can leave as soon as possible. We really need to be able to rely on our experienced squad players in matches like this. It'd be nice if he scored for the first time in 636297373 league games, too.

Obviously Arshavin and Walcott will need to be considerably better than they have been.

Frustrating that all our players are banjaxed, I want nothing more than revenge for Old Trafford.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:33 am

I cannot see how we can get a result...maybe holding out and trying to snatch a goal late on...is ox fit?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 am

I think people forget that we have all 25 slots filled up. We can't sign anyone unless we offload someone.

Frimpong is homegrown U21 so he was automatically in the team, no need to put him in the slot. Fabianski is. Mannone was. Henry is. So Mannone left and Henry took his place. Now if Fabianski leaves on loan I think we will see a signing.

ONLY IF Fabianski leaves.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 am

The saddest thing is at full strength I really think we have a better 11 than united and could beat them on any given day.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 am

The way I know, you submit the 25 players list and you can still have players who cannot feature in the Premier League but can still feature in the other cups. We can a make a signing without selling someone, but one person will be out of that list. I think Man City had that case. However, we cannot afford to pay for players who are guaranteed to not play at all, that "solution" is not a plausible one for us.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 am

Jenks1981 wrote:The saddest thing is at full strength I really think we have a better 11 than united and could beat them on any given day.

I second that...
cannot see how united can really push city all the way this season ...ok they have great players but seam to be bit of a one trick pony..not seen anything magic nor entertaining from them at all...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:48 am

SCHEZNEY-SAGNA-KOSCIELNY-VERMAELEN-GIBBS-SONG-ARTETA-WILSHIRE-GERVINHO-WALCOTT-VAN WONDERFULL.

So only 5 of my first team available, any team would suffer badly. So stop moaning about a lack of signings you pilloks!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:49 am

All this talk of registration, Diaby is fucked he can lose his spot for the rest of the season, he isnt going to contribute after all.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 am

Jenks1981 wrote:The saddest thing is at full strength I really think we have a better 11 than united and could beat them on any given day.

I agree. Bad times.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:54 am

Mike, I'm not asking for a signing. I was just trying to explain the rule (if my understanding of it is correct anyway). With a fully fit squad, or at least 9 out of 11 available, I think we can beat United.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 am

our injury list is absolutely ridiculous. It does show we have a pretty solid squad to still be up there, but coming up against a team like Utd with this many injuries does not bode well

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:Mike, I'm not asking for a signing. I was just trying to explain the rule (if my understanding of it is correct anyway). With a fully fit squad, or at least 9 out of 11 available, I think we can beat United.

It wasnt aimed at you mate

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 am

Jenks1981 wrote:All this talk of registration, Diaby is fucked he can lose his spot for the rest of the season, he isnt going to contribute after all.

I agree! Harsh but someone has to take one for the team.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 am

Well he has been injured since 2006 the poor big lad!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 am

Is it me or is AW hell bent on keeping players that either keep getting injured or have substantial amounts of time out...now apart from say the likes of vp who is worth keeping...why won't he ditch a player like diaby and buy in a better if not at least bloody fit player...it's just keeping dead weight on the vain hope it might come good...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 am

Michael Foster wrote:Is it me or is AW hell bent on keeping players that either keep getting injured or have substantial amounts of time out...now apart from say the likes of vp who is worth keeping...why won't he ditch a player like diaby and buy in a better if not at least bloody fit player...it's just keeping dead weight on the vain hope it might come good...

Think probably he still have hopes for Diaby. Or he's Wenger's bastard child? Razz

I think that is what we all want to see changed. Wenger cutting the deadwood and stop keeping so much hope/faith on certain players.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 am

Van Persie is the only example you need to give Michael, Diaby could have been a very good player if he could have stayed fit for an extended period, I dont think you can critisize Wenger for having faith in players like VP and Diaby, its as much a strength as a weakness.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:24 am

Diaby had some run in 2010 and he became more or less a consistent performer that year.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 am

Ahh but at the end of the day AW needs a fit team and ad many plays as pos to push the 1st team,when you look at the like of say united..they pick up players that get injured on a regular basis...the first thing AF will do is look to replace,as much as admire AW to keep faith in youngsters and a hope that as I said a player will come good...is just not good for the team...now you take in the idea a team picks up regular injuries like we do...players that are fit will have the mind set that they have minimal back up of quality,if any back up at all also how risky is it to run for cups leagues on a hope of players will come good when they have been with the team for a lengthy time and not really contributed much of notice to anything apart form the bench and medical staff....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:Diaby had some run in 2010 and he became more or less a consistent performer that year.

A point exactly..a good run in how many seasons?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 am

Michael Foster wrote:Ahh but at the end of the day AW needs a fit team and ad many plays as pos to push the 1st team,when you look at the like of say united..they pick up players that get injured on a regular basis...the first thing AF will do is look to replace,as much as admire AW to keep faith in youngsters and a hope that as I said a player will come good...is just not good for the team...now you take in the idea a team picks up regular injuries like we do...players that are fit will have the mind set that they have minimal back up of quality,if any back up at all also how risky is it to run for cups leagues on a hope of players will come good when they have been with the team for a lengthy time and not really contributed much of notice to anything apart form the bench and medical staff....

So...you're saying this is Wenger's fault?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next