Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradford vs Arsenal

+18
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Dan Hakim
Meshaal
Steve Dawson
Assan Touray
Michael Schatzky
deepgrg
Joey Schwab
vyom.chaudhary
kique.canto
Michael Foster
Jason Morrison
Vanig Bostanian
Jenks1981
Mario
Hisham El Mawan
Chris Chan
ralph avedikian
22 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Bradford vs Arsenal Empty Bradford vs Arsenal

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 am

Tuesday 11 December, 19:45 GMT.

A bit early maybe, but I am very excited for this game. We should be able to say Tuesday night that we are in the semi finals of a competition. Now our 'second' team should be able to win this one quite comfortably, but judging by Wenger's words, there will be big names playing. He did say 'Sagna and one or two' will be rested, but he also said 'one or two' will be rested for Olympiakos but ended up resting 9 or 10. I don't know what team we'll see, but certain names are very likely to play.

Szcz

Jenkinson - ?? - ?? - Meade

Coquelin - Ramsey

?? - Rosicky - Arshavin

Chamakh

I am almost certain those will play, (hopefully Arsha starts!) as for the rest I really have no clue... A center back pairing of Squillaci-Miquel (what happened to Djourou?) may be too weak, but on the other side TV and Per have played a lot recently and is our only good center backs for the rest of the year most probably so we can't risk losing one of them. Up to you guys..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Bradford vs Arsenal Empty Re: Bradford vs Arsenal

Post by Chris Chan Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 am

it'll be 11 changes. If Gnabry and Eisfeld are fit, I imagine they'll play some part along with the likes of Rosicky, AA and Chamakh. Expect Martinez in goal, he has played the previous rounds. Dear god I hope Squillaci doesnt play

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 am

Chris Chan wrote:it'll be 11 changes. If Gnabry and Eisfeld are fit, I imagine they'll play some part along with the likes of Rosicky, AA and Chamakh. Expect Martinez in goal, he has played the previous rounds. Dear god I hope Squillaci doesnt play

I would actually rather see Vermaelen paired with one of Djourou or Miquel, but I do not want to see Squillaci on that field.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 am

I wouldn't mind Squillaci, I know i'm in the minority here. He wasn't bad vs olympiakos so I don't think it will be a problem if we play him vs Bradford.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 am

We don't play until next Monday after this so we can afford to play a few more first team regulars. At the very least pack the bench. This is our most realistic chance of a trophy and we can't afford any shocks now. Bradford might be the worst team left in the draw but we played Doncaster away a few years ago and ended up winning on penalties after needing a 120th minute equaliser. I find it hard to trust our 2nd team with a bench full of kids to beat anyone at the moment.

I wouldn't mind this,

Szczesny
Jenkinson Vermaelen Djourou (if fit, if not... Squillaci) Meade
Rosicky Ramsey Coquelin
Ox Chamakh Arshavin

Bench:
Martinez, Gibbs, Wilshere, Giroud, Eisfeld, a centre back, someone else

... can't be bothered to think through the bench especially as it depends on injuries and who may be coming back (Santos, Djourou, Miquel have gone missing).

Szczesny should play as Martinez was not very good against Reading and it's not as if he's played much this season. His form has been decent in the last few weeks, he can keep it up.

Vermaelen should be involved as an experienced CB (Squillaci doesn't count) and is someone who I think does better with more games. And also we have no one else.

I'd consider playing Wilshere but I know we have to be careful with him and there will be plenty of games from next week up until February to get him through. But I'd have him on the bench.

Giroud also needs a goal again, he's getting frustrated, and this would be a good game for him but with the lack of strikers we have and the Xmas period coming up, again it might be a case of from the bench. But he should be involved.

Maybe have Gervinho involved somewhere.

Cazorla, Arteta, Podolski, Sagna are the four who I wouldn't even consider taking.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 am

Early team news ahead of the game: Kos, Santos, Theo, Yennaris, Miquel and Giroud all out. Nothing on Djourou who seems to have disappeared. I think it will be 1 of Per/TV alongside Squillaci and Gnabry will start on the right.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 am

Hmmmm..."We will have an experience squad at Bradford. We have a good recovery time ahead of the game at Reading on Monday. So we can use the players we want to use."

I guess the squad will be strong then, personally I would like to see Rosicky start, from the youngsters I would like to see Eisfeld and Akpom play. I'm not overly fussed about Gnabry, I don't know why.

I see no point in risking Wilshire, Arteta, Cazorla and Podolski.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 am

Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla, and Poldi shouldn't even be on the bench. We still must win this competition though. I'd probably go with:
Mannone (back from injury)
Jenks Djourou? Vermaelen Meade
Rosicky Coquelin Ramsey
The Ox Chamakh Arshavin
Subs: Martinez Eisfeld Gnabry Gibbs X Y Z

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:00 pm

We're in the QF now with Bradford to beat, this is one of two very realistic shots at a trophy we've got this season and the only team that should theoretically be challenging for us left is Chelsea who are also having some troubles. Hopefully we can buck up and win this, instill the pleasure of trophy winning in our players and move upwards from there.

Though, who wants to bet that if we do win this the media will, instead of starting Arsenal article with, "Arsenal, who are trophiless for 8 years now". They'll start with, "Arsenal, who've won only a league cup in 8 years"...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Would you rather take a thrilling 4-3/5-4 victory or a straightforward 2-0? I'd take the second.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:We're in the QF now with Bradford to beat, this is one of two very realistic shots at a trophy we've got this season and the only team that should theoretically be challenging for us left is Chelsea who are also having some troubles. Hopefully we can buck up and win this, instill the pleasure of trophy winning in our players and move upwards from there.

Though, who wants to bet that if we do win this the media will, instead of starting Arsenal article with, "Arsenal, who are trophiless for 8 years now". They'll start with, "Arsenal, who've won only a league cup in 8 years"...

You can bet your life headlines if we were to win this would be 'arsenal...only league cup to show for 8 years'
Or......'arsenal still failing to win the big trophies'

This should on paper be an easy win...but its a cup game...anything goes....I should still hope us to expected to win this..us and Chelsea in the final...us to win the pot....still need to follow on if we do with a good league finish....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:18 am

We could get Chelsea in the Semi's, thats more likely what will happen. I just hope the players are up for it, if they are no problem. I want to see some passion and application, the class will then shine through. Big leaps from league 2 to Premier League standards.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:28 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Would you rather take a thrilling 4-3/5-4 victory or a straightforward 2-0? I'd take the second.

I would just take a victory, really...

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Would you rather take a thrilling 4-3/5-4 victory or a straightforward 2-0? I'd take the second.

considering we win either way I'd take the thrilling victory!

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:59 am

Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshire, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Gervinho!

Wow!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05 am

Fucking hell why did Wenger play all these ??

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:08 am

Didn't Wenger say Sagna will be rested?? For God's sake if he get an injury I'll be furious.. Jenkinson is good enough to play vs bradford come on

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 am

Some people are never happy! You literally would have moaned whatever team he picked.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 am

Haha love it! We're winning a trophy this season!Smile
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 am

Very strong side. Starting Cazorla and Sagna is a big surprise because we have capable back ups who could/should do a job against Bradford (Jenks and Rosicky)

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kique.canto Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 am

This must definitely mean the end of Arshavin. Makes me sad to be honest.
kique.canto
kique.canto
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:20 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Some people are never happy! You literally would have moaned whatever team he picked.

Nice on there..how about you speak for me and I leave this forum?

I would not have moaned if he rested our big players so don't imagine thoughts...

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 am

You really would have but whatever, get back to your moaning and ill get back to cheering for my beloved team and manager.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:29 am

I'd take any win, but would love a 6-0

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

How about you read my post and see the team I selected??

Yeah I 'll go back to moaning and you go back to your 'we are a mid-table club'.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next