Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Aston Villa

+13
kdunn
smoreno
jason.mandryk
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Assan Touray
Jason Morrison
Meshaal
Chris Chan
ralph avedikian
Vanig Bostanian
vyom.chaudhary
Hisham El Mawan
Michael Foster
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 am

We need a goal and we take off two of our top scorers. We take off our only striker and bring on a DM. What the fuck was that?

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:30 am

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of Aaron Ramsey is, it is still eluding me...
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 am

Credit where it's due, I thought Kos, Mert, and Szcz were very good today and hence the clean sheet.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 am

what was the use of having wilshere on bench when you not gonna play him!!jenkinson/ox didnt work at all on right side

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by smoreno Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 am

A little statistics from this season... 20 games (all competitions)
Without Ramsey in the starting lineup 4 draws and 8 victories...with him starting..2 ties 4 loses 2 victories... its a shame players get tired and he is the only replacement

smoreno
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 am

I really want Klopp as our manager, that dude really knows his shit and his team GIVE a shit about their results. He knows how to works with talented youngsters and how to build a winning team. I say we land him end of the season and tell him we'll get him Lowendowski and Goetze if he comes! I believe we have and excellent set of individuals in defence who for one reason or another don't always know how to work together. So our midfield and attack will look a lot better plus we'll have some freshness in management cause I'm starting to feel the staleness in our management, and I'm a huge fan of Wenger, can't imagine us without him, but even I believe the time has come now. Though I won't be happy with anyone other than Klopp or Guadiola.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 am

Ramsey was one of our better players today. Not sure what game you guys watched. Surely would have preferred Wilshere there if we didn't have to play 2 games in 4 days which apparently Wilshere still can't handle, but still Ramsey was the least of our problems.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 am

ramsey did good.but i still would have preferred wilshere over him.atleast for last 30 mins

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:11 am

The result is annoying cause we'll probably not beat everton either so we might as well have gone all out for the points today.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:34 am

Ramsey was fine in that he ran a lot and tried. But nothing ever comes off for him, and he slows the play down anytime he gets the ball. His decision making is not that great, and often takes too long. He also seems keen to shoot (which is not a terrible thing), but usually when there is a better option available. Basically he plays at a second behind the other players around him. The only thing he brings to the team is a rest for whoever he is replacing. But not, he wasn't our worst player today.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:35 am

Also, to bring on Gervinho, Arshavin and Coquelin to replace Podolski, Ox and Giroud while retaining the same formation...if that is the extent of Wenger's tactical prowess, then it is a sad, sad day for football management.
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:04 am

The knee jerk on this board is ridiculous hahah

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Jason Morrison wrote:I really want Klopp as our manager, that dude really knows his shit and his team GIVE a shit about their results. He knows how to works with talented youngsters and how to build a winning team. I say we land him end of the season and tell him we'll get him Lowendowski and Goetze if he comes! I believe we have and excellent set of individuals in defence who for one reason or another don't always know how to work together. So our midfield and attack will look a lot better plus we'll have some freshness in management cause I'm starting to feel the staleness in our management, and I'm a huge fan of Wenger, can't imagine us without him, but even I believe the time has come now. Though I won't be happy with anyone other than Klopp or Guadiola.

Something I have been thinking about today after seeing a "Wenger out" post this morning. Generally been thinking a fair bit about the health of the club since the sponsorship announcement, so started thinking about who we could possibly bring in once Wenger retires or moves to a job upstairs.

Some of the names that come to mind -

Marcela Bielsa
David Moyes
Jurgen Klopp
Joachim Low
Pep Guardiola
Laurent Blanc
Luciano Spalletti
Massimiliano Allegri
Ralf Rangnick
Unair Emery

Below is my post on the Facebook and I figured I would paste it here too - "Yesterday's result was a bit of an anti-climax after the wins over Sp*rs and Montpellier and the feel good factor after announcements of our new deal with Emirates. Looking at the larger picture, I'm really happy with the position the club is in though things are far from perfect. Strong squad, good finances and heading in the right direction from the commercial aspect as well. I am not calling for Wenger's head, but as long as he can keep us in the top 4 for another couple of seasons, there is a number of good, hungry and younger managers who can take this team forward when Wenger decides to move to a job upstairs. I am not claiming these managers would be able to do the job as effectively as Wenger has done with the budgetary constraints, but arguing that when one of them does take over, he won't be facing the same level of constraints due to the good work being done by Wenger and our commercial team right now."

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 am

kdunn wrote:The knee jerk on this board is ridiculous hahah

If you think its bad here then you've clearly not been to other more popular arsenal forums, don't even get me started on the vile people spout on twitter.

Meshaal wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:I really want Klopp as our manager, that dude really knows his shit and his team GIVE a shit about their results. He knows how to works with talented youngsters and how to build a winning team. I say we land him end of the season and tell him we'll get him Lowendowski and Goetze if he comes! I believe we have and excellent set of individuals in defence who for one reason or another don't always know how to work together. So our midfield and attack will look a lot better plus we'll have some freshness in management cause I'm starting to feel the staleness in our management, and I'm a huge fan of Wenger, can't imagine us without him, but even I believe the time has come now. Though I won't be happy with anyone other than Klopp or Guadiola.

Something I have been thinking about today after seeing a "Wenger out" post this morning. Generally been thinking a fair bit about the health of the club since the sponsorship announcement, so started thinking about who we could possibly bring in once Wenger retires or moves to a job upstairs.

Some of the names that come to mind -

Marcela Bielsa
David Moyes
Jurgen Klopp
Joachim Low
Pep Guardiola
Laurent Blanc
Luciano Spalletti
Massimiliano Allegri
Ralf Rangnick
Unair Emery

Below is my post on the Facebook and I figured I would paste it here too - "Yesterday's result was a bit of an anti-climax after the wins over Sp*rs and Montpellier and the feel good factor after announcements of our new deal with Emirates. Looking at the larger picture, I'm really happy with the position the club is in though things are far from perfect. Strong squad, good finances and heading in the right direction from the commercial aspect as well. I am not calling for Wenger's head, but as long as he can keep us in the top 4 for another couple of seasons, there is a number of good, hungry and younger managers who can take this team forward when Wenger decides to move to a job upstairs. I am not claiming these managers would be able to do the job as effectively as Wenger has done with the budgetary constraints, but arguing that when one of them does take over, he won't be facing the same level of constraints due to the good work being done by Wenger and our commercial team right now."

Yeah maybe I went a bit overboard but as I stated I'm a big wenger fan, just a terrible performance against a villa team who has been as shit as they have this season pissed me off, granted they played pretty well yesterday (the shit teams' specialty seems to be to play well against us and score crackers)
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:04 am

It seems the shit teams get told that if they are up for it and pressure us, they have a chance of a result.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Stats are not everything but they are something to look at:

4 - Shots by Aaron Ramsey v. Aston Villa²
1 – Shots on goal by Aaron Ramsey² (tied with Westwood, Holman, Agbonlahor, and Bannon)
80 – Passes attempted by Aaron Ramsey²
77 – Passes completed by Aaron Ramsey²
39 – Passes completed by Ashley Westwood³
24 – Passes completed by Aaron Ramsey in the Villa final third
3 - Shots created by Aaron Ramsey² (tied with Giroud)
12 – Passes completed by Ashley Westwood in the Arsenal final third
2 – Shots created by Ashley Westwood³ (tied with Benteke and Bannon)
32 – Passes completed by Santi Cazorla in the Villa final third²
1 – Chances created by Santi Cazorla
0 – Turnovers by Aaron Ramsey
6 – Turnovers by Olivier Giroud² (tied with Benteke)
0 – Times Aaron Ramsey was dispossessed

From Arseblog's "By The Numbers". In terms of stats Ramsey had a very good game.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Stats are not everything but they are something to look at:

4 - Shots by Aaron Ramsey v. Aston Villa²
1 – Shots on goal by Aaron Ramsey² (tied with Westwood, Holman, Agbonlahor, and Bannon)
80 – Passes attempted by Aaron Ramsey²
77 – Passes completed by Aaron Ramsey²
39 – Passes completed by Ashley Westwood³
24 – Passes completed by Aaron Ramsey in the Villa final third
3 - Shots created by Aaron Ramsey² (tied with Giroud)
12 – Passes completed by Ashley Westwood in the Arsenal final third
2 – Shots created by Ashley Westwood³ (tied with Benteke and Bannon)
32 – Passes completed by Santi Cazorla in the Villa final third²
1 – Chances created by Santi Cazorla
0 – Turnovers by Aaron Ramsey
6 – Turnovers by Olivier Giroud² (tied with Benteke)
0 – Times Aaron Ramsey was dispossessed

From Arseblog's "By The Numbers". In terms of stats Ramsey had a very good game.

I am quite sure most of the passes were sideways or back towards our centre backs. Also against a team which is harrying and pressing in numbers, he took too long to release the ball. It's going to be a problem in the PL. Wilshere's game is based on one touch passing and he is always playing one touch footie with Cazorla and Poldi.

Yesterday, our game looked really slow and boring. Our fullbacks weren't great with their crossing nor the wingers making any runs behind the Villa back 4.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:57 am

Ramsey had a pretty good game. He was running his arse off trying and trying. Not much may have come off for him in the game but nothing came off for any of our players. He obviously isn't as creative as Cazorla but he was one of the better players we had on the pitch against Aston Villa.

He also looks a lot better in the centre in the box to box role than on the right or in the advanced playmaker role.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:43 am

He also forced a pretty decent save with a low drive through a crowded box.

But agree, his passing is a bit slow and messes with our flow at times. His passing also lacks an agenda. Podolski is the opposite who is always trying to force something.

There was talk early in his career that he had a style similar to Gerrard, but his running doesn't seem powerful/explosive enough to replicate Gerrard.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:12 am

kdunn wrote:The knee jerk on this board is ridiculous hahah

You may have a point there, my friend.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:13 am

Mike York wrote:Ramsey had a pretty good game. He was running his arse off trying and trying. Not much may have come off for him in the game but nothing came off for any of our players. He obviously isn't as creative as Cazorla but he was one of the better players we had on the pitch against Aston Villa.

He also looks a lot better in the centre in the box to box role than on the right or in the advanced playmaker role.

I don't know what the hell makes Wenger think he's a wing player.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 pm

AW deploys young midfielders out on the wings because it toughens them the fuck up.. Smile He did it with Cesc too I believe. Ox isn't a classical winger either. He's a penetrator, filthy I know Very Happy but AW still plays him out wide to develop him.
My high school coach did that to a couple of players too.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4