Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City vs Arsenal

+21
Assan Touray
Dan Hakim
John Foxall
smoreno
Meshaal
Mike York
dbruce5
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
Zaid Derweesh
Mario
Jason Morrison
Subrat Koirala
Durrell
Hisham El Mawan
Michael Foster
Mohamed Samir
Joey Schwab
nick t
Vanig Bostanian
Chris Chan
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Man City vs Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Man City vs Arsenal

Post by John Foxall Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 am

Wow, that corner was woefully defended. This isn't over.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:44 am

I'll take the point right now. So anxious!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 am

Gervinho has been frustrating this game. We have Giroud in the box yet he won't cross, just keeps jinking back and forth and confuses himself and his teammates. He dribbles at the defence even when 4 or 5 defenders are ahead of him.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 am

Get it on target, Gervinho! Sad
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 am

Gervinho just wasted a glorious chance =\

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 am

GERRRRVVVVV FFS!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 am

Oh Gervinho..

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 am

come on rob them!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 am

Orbinho‏@Orbinho
Per Mertesacker has made seven interceptions today, the joint-most of any player in any Premier League game this season.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 am

foul throw...hahaha been a while since i have seen one of those lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 am

1-1 i will take that....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 am

that was stressful.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 am

2 wins 3 draws good start to the season...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 am

Fuck Gervinho, man.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 am

lol my 1-1 prediction was right... Was a typicalky expected result though, happy with the point. Right now we've got the same amount of points as the champions, also only the third team to take away a draw from the etihad in like 32 games... Next week we've got another big test in Chelsea but at home and hopefully we can take all three points then.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 am

Very good point at a tough away ground. Gervinho might be the most frustrating player I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 am

Gervinho so wasteful. He really is frustrating. I thought our entire back 4 was fantastic today, Jenkinson was great at the back and going forward, and Kos/Per hardly put a foot wrong (except Aguero could've easily had that penalty if he went down).

A point away to City though, nothing to scoff at. If we can get a result next week against Chelsea as well then things will be looking really good.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 am

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3r1ai1/

Other than that, a great point away to the champions. I'm actually disappointed we didn't win, we certainly could have.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:10 am

I think Giroud should start against Chelsea.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 am

Really happy with the make up and balance of the squad, happier about it than I have been in years.
Whether it's Steve Bould, or just more mature players, it feels like there is a solidity there, and I'm not as worried as I have been about counterattacks and defensive cockups - although that Koscielny blind pass after the Kompany banana shot got me VERY nervous.
We very easily could have won today if not for some sloppy touches by you know who.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:39 am

Quite happy with the result. Everyone bar Gervinho played well. We could have won and we could have lost, so a draw is fair. Not too many teams can go to the Etihad and be in control (even if being in control doesn't necessarily mean dominate) and get a result. If we beat Chelsea next week, and my they are beatable, we can have a good season.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 am

Infuriating though he is, the one thing you can say about Gervinho is that he will never stop running and making himself available.

After the years of passing it around but making no openings against the likes of Chelsea and Man City, I can almost accept the fact that his shooting GPS is non-existent.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 am

Past seasons I would have been bricking it facing both the mancs,Liverpool and chelsea's alike it was always a case of will they step up and make something of it....

Now time have changed and how fast they have the league,pundits,media,oppisition now should be starting to understand we are here again..rebuilt stronger and very much willing to fight all the way and not just fight but to head to the away grounds and do like we did today lay down the law and dominate these games and go for 3 points every time...
Most would probably agree that over the past traveling to Manchester and co a point would be on the cards regardless of Wenger saying 'we can fight' & 'believing in the team' we all knew as most did a point would be a good result.....
Now we are looking at the team showing that it can take points from these and won't settle for less....admittedly getting carried away with how well we seam to be progressing will be easy as for the comments I have made but there seams to genuinely be a new found strenght throughout the squad one that not anymore has 'potential' but 'willingness' and its sweeping from ballboys to fans...as I had said in a previous thread that a big challange will be how we would respond to a loss but these boys just won't lay down and accept one and I think that also answers the question and comment,as it stands with the strength and belief through this team that when we do finally get turned over god help the next team I can quite easily see them getting it back together and paving who stands infront of them...almost as tho the first two draws took its toll on the team and there was enough to head out the next game against Southampton and smash that hatfull past them....
What ever is going on behind the scenes that's changed all this is working absolutle wonders chelsea up next and looking at our squad i am expecting them to win...
Coventry slapped in the middle...well I guess it's going to be back to having some of the kids a run out and letting the ones who are still coming up to make a name....

Long may this continue....til May when hopefully silverware beckons....

COYG...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 am

Agree that it wasn't Arteta's best game. Diaby looked a bit sluggish also. But they were both great defensively. Hardly any of the City players were able to influence the game.

At times, it looked like old Arsenal (as in previous 5 years). Dominating passing but not willing to shoot. But only at times. We played very well.

City really struggled to keep possession, which is a great sign for us.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

Really encouraging performance today. The draw was a fair result but if anyone was going to win it should have been us. Gervinho at the end when Giroud was free to his right...

Good overall performance, not great, but we showed that we are a match for the champions. Over the course of the season it remains to be seen, I think our lack of options in key positions will ultimately hurt us, but in one off games we showed that we shouldn't be intimidated by anyone.

A year ago we went there and played pretty well and could have got a draw but didn't. Whereas they had plenty of chances to add a 2nd. Today, they didn't create that many chances. Some of that is down to them not being as sharp as last season but a lot of credit goes to our defensive work from front to back.

Very happy that Mertesacker got the MOTM and some recognition on Sky because many, many people who don't watch him think he's a big clown. Including Arsenal fans. His reading of the game is excellent and with a team that offers more protection and doesn't leave him isolated you can see that he offers leadership and organisation at the back. You wonder at the moment if Per has made his position his own and the other two will compete for the final spot? Who knows, but it's a good problem to have.

Carl Jenkinson today had his finest performance in an Arsenal shirt. A year ago he looked like a Charlton reserve and I was worried that he will get roasted playing so many games this season but to his credit he has gone from strength to strength and his positioning, his attacking forays, his speed and strength and concentration - all massively improved. He no longer looks scared on the pitch.

Disappointing goal to concede, though. Such a simple set piece, not good keeping and it was too easy for Lescott to get the jump on and it felt like a real sucker blow. Another disappointing moment was almost conceding from another set piece 2 mins after we scored. Showed some immaturity still and shows that even with much better defensive performances this season we can still be prone to slacking off but we just haven't been punished.

Overall I thought most our players did well. Gervinho had a bit of mare though and you look at our side and think that with an excellent, on form striker we may be top now. Might be bit simple looking at it like that. Perhaps not, though. Anyway, he's had 3 pretty decent games so far this season with two pretty bad ones (Stoke and today), but he is getting in excellent positions so maybe with more games/form he will make the most of them. Let's hope so.

Ramsey did quite well for an hour and he has started the season better than the way he left off the last, would like to see him get a game vs Coventry. Diaby was a bit average too but we look like a team at the moment, really working for each other and loving playing with each other.

Most people would have bitten your hands off for 4 points in the City/Chelsea games, even two isn't THAT bad, so if we can get a win next week we are in a very good position.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next