Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoke Post Match/ Thoughts on the Last Few Days of the Transfer Market

+12
ralph avedikian
Subrat Koirala
Jonathan Prendergast
Meshaal
Mario
Michael Foster
Wesley Wang
Mike York
Adriel Williams
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Hisham El Mawan
Vanig Bostanian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stoke Post Match/ Thoughts on the Last Few Days of the Transfer Market - Page 2 Empty Re: Stoke Post Match/ Thoughts on the Last Few Days of the Transfer Market

Post by John Foxall Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Looks like Arteta will remain as our "Alonso" now though, we arent in for M'Vila.

Just a shame that we won't be getting a Mascherano to Arteta's Alonso.

Agree about Rosicky, he should still be a useful player for us. If Wenger did intend him to be lower in the pecking order then it does beg the question why he signed him to a new contract. The main criticism from last year is that he doesn't directly contribute to goals, but his work rate and in particular his defensive work and quick turns to create attacking possibilities were excellent in the second half of last season. He should be ahead of Ramsey and Diaby anywhere in the midfield.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Stoke Post Match/ Thoughts on the Last Few Days of the Transfer Market - Page 2 Empty Re: Stoke Post Match/ Thoughts on the Last Few Days of the Transfer Market

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 am

[quote="John Foxall"]
Jenks1981 wrote:Looks like Arteta will remain as our "Alonso" now though, we arent in for M'Vila.

Just a shame that we won't be getting a Mascherano to Arteta's Alonso.

Agree about Rosicky, he should still be a useful player for us. If Wenger did intend him to be lower in the pecking order then it does beg the question why he signed him to a new contract. The main criticism from last year is that he doesn't directly contribute to goals, but his work rate and in particular his defensive work and quick turns to create attacking possibilities were excellent in the second half of last season. He should be ahead of Ramsey and Diaby anywhere in the midfield.[/quote

I definately think he is part of the plan, its too easy to remember the Rosicky of before last season and I think alot of people are guilty of that. If you were to base our opinions of him on the last twelve months we have a very usefull player with very different skills to alot of people in the squad. I also think that whilst he didnt contribute goals last season that could have easily been different. I know he cant play every minute of every game but I think he and Ox can carry the ball through the middle and we need that, a midfield of say Arteta, Diaby and Ramsey would be far far too static and without a change of tempo. The more I think about it the more I think Cazorla would probs be better in the midfield but better for the team on the wings, if that makes sense?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:51 am

I also just wanted to take a minute to single out Jenkinson, I certainly wasnt his biggest fan last season but in the last two games he has looked solid, has settled in and will be a fine understudy for Sagna if he continues in this vein. Last season seeing his name on the teamsheet worried me, its still not great but he has come on alot already, its clear to see.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum