Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v. Man City

+21
Joey Schwab
Will.sheng
vyom.chaudhary
Michael Schatzky
Dan Hakim
kdunn
DaveToffy
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Hisham El Mawan
Yash
Chris Chan
ralph avedikian
Jenks1981
Mario
John Foxall
Min Shan
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Justin Chew
Sami Rockfeller
Greg Waters
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Arsenal v. Man City - Page 6 Empty Re: Arsenal v. Man City

Post by DaveToffy Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Vijay Saibola wrote:Well played Arsenal.. it was fun!! Looked like its going to end 0-0 after the dreadful finish from Vermaelen/Benayoun. Was a bit angry at Ramsay at the end for cocking up the chance, atleast he could ve laid it on for RVP. Not complaining though, THREE POINTS in the bag!

Mancini deserves the sack. With a team lke this, he still plays negative. It was a lot more imporant 3 points for Citeh than us. With a proper manager, they would ve wrapped up the title and went far ahead in the CL.

Speaking of proper managers, one of the guys on FSC predicted that Mancini will be replaced by Mourinho. That scares me.
If Madrid win one of either the CL or the league I think he'll stay. If they don't win the CL and he manages to lose the league after having such a large lead... he'll get the sack.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v. Man City - Page 6 Empty Re: Arsenal v. Man City

Post by Mike York Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

The Man City defender Gael Clichy, who left Arsenal last summer, still feels very loyal to his old boss Arsene Wenger and is very sure that the Arsenal Academy iss the best place for young players to develop.

Clichy said: “If I had a son who had the chance to turn professional at 16, I wouldn’t hesitate to send him to Arsenal to play under Wenger.”

“For a young player, it’s the best club to develop at. Even though I left to join City, I know how much I owe to the club and the manager, and I can never thank them enough.

“Looking at the criticism they’ve had this season, I’m happy to see that they still managed to finish third. They deserve it, and it proves that the world of football is sometimes unfair – even for someone like Wenger, who has given so much to French and English football.

“But I understand how people can be demanding, because in the end we remember the teams that win titles, not those that play well. In ten years time we’ll remember Chelsea, who won the Champions League, but not Bayern Munich, who perhaps deserved it.”

http://myarsenalblog.com/gael-clichy-i-would-send-my-son-to-play-at-arsenal-i-wonder-if-nasri-would/848

Didn't want to start a new thread so figured I'd put it here.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6