Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Liverpool

+8
Jonathan Prendergast
Aseem Bajpai
Marko Maksimović
cozypilo
Michael Schatzky
loodle
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Foster
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal v Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Liverpool

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 am

All we can hope for today is man city and Chelsea drop points...some how I cannot see that happening... Down to third it is....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 am

Michael Foster wrote:I will say someone needs a word with oil to start justifying this 42 mil price tag...he has been in and out of games recently... Needs to find his Madrid form once more...

Lost the ball like 7 times?and they
scored 2 out of it.He looks tired.
Probably the "no winter break" is a
culture shock for him.
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:04 am

cozypilo wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:I will say someone needs a word with oil to start justifying this 42 mil price tag...he has been in and out of games recently... Needs to find his Madrid form once more...

Lost the ball like 7 times?and they
scored 2 out of it.He looks tired.
Probably the "no winter break" is a
culture shock for him.

You could say that...he needs time out... For the last 6 or so games he has struggled.. I know we are a bit depleted on players but I also feel Wenger should stop to tinkering so much with set ups when the next option is brought in...

Teams like Liverpool we should be running at down the wings players like ox and santi can do just that but are not used in that way....need Ramsey and flamini back big time.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:08 am

Ozil had a rest over christmas and new year. He looks weak when isolated. He'll show his worth though.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 am

Ozil is suffering from playing with players that aren't at the level he was playing at Real, its that simple. He does need to do more for sure...

As for moaning about a striker, how would that have helped we shipped 5 bloody goals yesterday! What a joke it was Liverpool FFS!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by cescflamhleb Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:29 am

This may belong in the Ozil thread and feel free to move if that is the case. That being said...

It hasn't been recent. I admittedly didn't see too much of him in the Madrid days but I used to watch more Bundesliga even before he was with Werder Bremen. I posted this in one of the facebook missives that led me here but the premier league no longer affords a team luxury players and he is quite simply looking too much like one of those. I am in no way underestimating the impact his signing had because we all remember how things felt after the Villa game but after a brief bedding-in period where he provided some assists he has not even been in and out of games, just out. He is lazy, looks frustrated and while this is purely speculation on my part whatever these negative qualities are/wherever they are coming from a player of his quality needs to channel them into something productive. I understand that when he is basically triple our record signing it's hard to drop him and he has had some rest but the occasional moment of magic (which has gone missing lately) does not make up for the overall lack of effort from him.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Rosicky ahead of him in that CAM spot, and while I respect that Flamini and Ramsey were unavailable the team just seemed strange to me. Seeing Mertesacker and Arteta in the tunnel with Suarez before the game I was really afraid something like this would happen and the fact that AW doesn't have the team ready for strong high pressing from a Brendan Rodgers side at the start of the game is an indictment of someone- either the players for not following the manager's gameplan or the manager for not making sure they knew that's how pool would play.

I know we were basically blitzkrieged and it may seem foolish to talk tactics as the game was basically over inside 18 minutes but who was going to do the work in that midfield? Arteta has done a decent job for us over the past two years but I'm afraid he's past it at this point. He doesn't have the pace anymore, his positioning is suspect and he's constantly getting turned and overran in midfield. If Cazorla and Ox were the widemen you expect to lose width as Cazorla has shown time and time again that he drifts in from the wing and Ox is a central midfielder. Yes, he has the pace to play on the wing but in the last game his role was in the middle of the park. For such a young player to have his role changed so greatly from one week to the next doesn't help I'm sure and he's another that is bound to drift central.

So that means you're depending on Wilshere and Ozil to do defensive work? I've already outlined Ozil's laziness and therefore his lack of defensive contribution and I think we can all agree that Wilshere is best driving forward and not having to be depended on for his defense which mostly involves crude fouls and picking up bookings for being petulant (I could have a whole different discussion on Jack if you like.)

Basically, I feel like this game was going to be stretched from the beginning based on the gap between our defending and attacking players and I see Arteta as past it, Jack as not quite the bridge between the two and basically the whole thing was a recipe for disaster imo.

I know people will point out our team selection was similar in the win at the Emirates but to come out looking like we did did not send the right message at the beginning of the run of fixtures we have. Sorry for the length, this match has got me thinking a lot (perhaps unnecessarily.)

cescflamhleb
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:01 am

Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:03 am

cescflamhleb wrote:

This may belong in the Ozil thread and feel free to move if that is the case.  That being said...

It hasn't been recent.  I admittedly didn't see too much of him in the Madrid days but I used to watch more Bundesliga even before he was with Werder Bremen.  I posted this in one of the facebook missives that led me here but the premier league no longer affords a team luxury players and he is quite simply looking too much like one of those.  I am in no way underestimating the impact his signing had because we all remember how things felt after the Villa game but after a brief bedding-in period where he provided some assists he has not even been in and out of games, just out.  He is lazy, looks frustrated and while this is purely speculation on my part whatever these negative qualities are/wherever they are coming from a player of his quality needs to channel them into something productive.  I understand that when he is basically triple our record signing it's hard to drop him and he has had some rest but the occasional moment of magic (which has gone missing lately) does not make up for the overall lack of effort from him.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Rosicky ahead of him in that CAM spot, and while I respect that Flamini and Ramsey were unavailable the team just seemed strange to me.  Seeing Mertesacker and Arteta in the tunnel with Suarez before the game I was really afraid something like this would happen and the fact that AW doesn't have the team ready for strong high pressing from a Brendan Rodgers side at the start of the game is an indictment of someone- either the players for not following the manager's gameplan or the manager for not making sure they knew that's how pool would play.

I know we were basically blitzkrieged and it may seem foolish to talk tactics as the game was basically over inside 18 minutes but who was going to do the work in that midfield?  Arteta has done a decent job for us over the past two years but I'm afraid he's past it at this point.  He doesn't have the pace anymore, his positioning is suspect and he's constantly getting turned and overran in midfield.  If Cazorla and Ox were the widemen you expect to lose width as Cazorla has shown time and time again that he drifts in from the wing and Ox is a central midfielder.  Yes, he has the pace to play on the wing but in the last game his role was in the middle of the park.  For such a young player to have his role changed so greatly from one week to the next doesn't help I'm sure and he's another that is bound to drift central.

So that means you're depending on Wilshere and Ozil to do defensive work?  I've already outlined Ozil's laziness and therefore his lack of defensive contribution and I think we can all agree that Wilshere is best driving forward and not having to be depended on for his defense which mostly involves crude fouls and picking up bookings for being petulant (I could have a whole different discussion on Jack if you like.)

Basically, I feel like this game was going to be stretched from the beginning based on the gap between our defending and attacking players and I see Arteta as past it, Jack as not quite the bridge between the two and basically the whole thing was a recipe for disaster imo.

I know people will point out our team selection was similar in the win at the Emirates but to come out looking like we did did not send the right message at the beginning of the run of fixtures we have.  Sorry for the length, this match has got me thinking a lot (perhaps unnecessarily.)

agree with everything here!
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Marko Maksimović wrote:
cescflamhleb wrote:

This may belong in the Ozil thread and feel free to move if that is the case.  That being said...

It hasn't been recent.  I admittedly didn't see too much of him in the Madrid days but I used to watch more Bundesliga even before he was with Werder Bremen.  I posted this in one of the facebook missives that led me here but the premier league no longer affords a team luxury players and he is quite simply looking too much like one of those.  I am in no way underestimating the impact his signing had because we all remember how things felt after the Villa game but after a brief bedding-in period where he provided some assists he has not even been in and out of games, just out.  He is lazy, looks frustrated and while this is purely speculation on my part whatever these negative qualities are/wherever they are coming from a player of his quality needs to channel them into something productive.  I understand that when he is basically triple our record signing it's hard to drop him and he has had some rest but the occasional moment of magic (which has gone missing lately) does not make up for the overall lack of effort from him.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Rosicky ahead of him in that CAM spot, and while I respect that Flamini and Ramsey were unavailable the team just seemed strange to me.  Seeing Mertesacker and Arteta in the tunnel with Suarez before the game I was really afraid something like this would happen and the fact that AW doesn't have the team ready for strong high pressing from a Brendan Rodgers side at the start of the game is an indictment of someone- either the players for not following the manager's gameplan or the manager for not making sure they knew that's how pool would play.

I know we were basically blitzkrieged and it may seem foolish to talk tactics as the game was basically over inside 18 minutes but who was going to do the work in that midfield?  Arteta has done a decent job for us over the past two years but I'm afraid he's past it at this point.  He doesn't have the pace anymore, his positioning is suspect and he's constantly getting turned and overran in midfield.  If Cazorla and Ox were the widemen you expect to lose width as Cazorla has shown time and time again that he drifts in from the wing and Ox is a central midfielder.  Yes, he has the pace to play on the wing but in the last game his role was in the middle of the park.  For such a young player to have his role changed so greatly from one week to the next doesn't help I'm sure and he's another that is bound to drift central.

So that means you're depending on Wilshere and Ozil to do defensive work?  I've already outlined Ozil's laziness and therefore his lack of defensive contribution and I think we can all agree that Wilshere is best driving forward and not having to be depended on for his defense which mostly involves crude fouls and picking up bookings for being petulant (I could have a whole different discussion on Jack if you like.)

I know people will point out our team selection was similar in the win at the Emirates but to come out looking like we did did not send the right message at the beginning of the run of fixtures we have.  Sorry for the length, this match has got me thinking a lot (perhaps unnecessarily.)

agree with everything here!

Agree with most things but the level of criticism Ozil is being handed is a bit unjustified. Granted he was poor against Liverpool and his form has generally suffered of late but we should bear in mind that this is his first year in the pl and he's still adapting, a big price tag doesn't guarantee that it will happen right away.

Anyways, hope that he and the other players show some mettle and come up with a strong performance against man utd..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:55 am

Ozil can't be a flop as we wouldn't have been top had he not joined us.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:44 pm

so here we are back again, its the F.A CUP but we play liverpool, time to draw some blood
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:35 am

Hi guys,

Any links for todays match at all please?

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:21 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Hi guys,

Any links for todays match at all please?

not the best but it works

http://neolive.net/207163/1/Watch-Arsenal-vs-Liverpool-FC-/
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:22 am

BOOOOM 1-0 BABY!!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 am

Tell you what, praise for Fabianski, Ox, Yaya and Poldi. Especially Yaya, lad's got a pair, fighting for everything and combining well. If he can keep it going he'll justify AW not going for an all out striker.
Lpool seem to be ruining those early chances...
Ox has been mercurial. Keep it up COYG!
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:20 am

Suarez goes down easier than a whore's thong
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 am

Marko Maksimović wrote:Suarez goes down easier than a whore's thong

seams that now liverpool have got back into this he is going down at every chance...hope we nail it to 3-1
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:48 am

Sanogo loving the reception has he goes out. Great game from tbh. Has great potential. Still so close, but we're almost there!
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 am

Not the greatest game, but winning against a strong Liverpool team with a secong string team plus a few 1st teamers will be a big boost. Bring on Bayern I say ! still a small chance, but we're so much better as a squad this year. Some of it has to Ox. a great outlet when Walcott isn't playing. I think Ozil will burst into life sometime. We've been through it all haha. a new place. but he has the marks of a genius. we win 2-1. COYG !
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 am

WHOOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!

5-1? WHO GIVES A FUCK....OUT THEY GO!!!! LOL
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:23 am

It was an open, entertaining game. Thought Fabianski was MOTM. Ox has to start everytime he's fit enough from now till the end of the season. Ozil was brought back to life. Back four did well, happy for Jenkinson. Sanogo one of the big positives for today.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:Not the greatest game, but winning against a strong Liverpool team with a secong string team plus a few 1st teamers will be a big boost. Bring on Bayern I say ! still a small chance, but we're so much better as a squad this year. Some of it has to Ox. a great outlet when Walcott isn't playing. I think Ozil will burst into life sometime. We've been through it all haha. a new place. but he has the marks of a genius. we win 2-1. COYG !

I think we've seriously got a chance against bayern, we have nothing to lose, the pressure is on them, they won almost everything they could and thrashed barcelona of all teams just last year, that's almost impossible to better and pretty darn hard to replicate..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:37 am

Sorry mate, I think we have no chance at all.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2