Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4

+13
Michael Schatzky
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
ralph avedikian
Aseem Bajpai
Mario
Darcy Gorman
Hisham El Mawan
Michael Foster
Meshaal
Mike York
Marko Maksimović
Vanig Bostanian
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:18 am

Great result by liverpool there! Essentially means 4th is back in our own hands since chelsea and spuds have to take points off each other still. Really hope we don't fuck up this opportunity that'd been gift wrapped gor us.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4

Post by Michael Foster Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 am

Michael Schatzky wrote:Good chance it could come down to goal difference. We could finished tied at 73 with Spurs , Chelsea.
We need a result next week against Man U. . If we don't get at least a point, it is well out of our hands......

if it comes down to goal difference we have no worries about spurs...13+ on them with chelsea 1 to the good over us..alot of ifs and buts over the next few games..best possible outcome is a draw against man u and a draw with chelsea and spurs....

worth a punt too....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:39 am

looks like its a guard of honor...good ol villa...seriously can anything cut us a break for one fucking season just have a normal run win or lose whatever..just no big names out and no bullshit like this....makes me crazy...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 am

Nah man, our manager just needs to wake the fuck up and get some fire in his belly, for too long now he's just accepted all the shit that we've gone through for 8 years now. If he's being held back by the board then he needs to say "fuck ya'll Ima do shit my way for this last year of my contract", if it's all been down to him that we've regressed so far then he needs to finish his contract and step down so that we can move forward once more.

Guard of honour is humiliating but atleast we won't have the utd cunts celebrating at our stadium now and who know's they might not even be 100% focussed now since the title's done and dusted. Hell some of them might even party a but too much this week, only better for us and our lowly goal of 4th place trophy...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:44 am

tell ya one thing they could be even more affective.....title won...playing with freedom....

hate everything that club stands for...bunch of cunts....spunked the money to land rvp so in my eyes brought the title...no one will tell me different....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:00 am

Fuck this guard of honour bollocks, I don't remember the Invincibles getting anything of the sort when we won the league with a few games to spare. Can anyone confirm that?

I'll give them a guard of honour all right. By exposing my bare arse.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:16 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Fuck this guard of honour bollocks, I don't remember the Invincibles getting anything of the sort when we won the league with a few games to spare. Can anyone confirm that?

I'll give them a guard of honour all right. By exposing my bare arse.

as far as i can remember we never got one....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:21 am

spurs chucked away more points again today....just need a good result against united lose and its all out of our hands again...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Following up my original post, the remaining fixtures...

Arsenal:
QPR A - Relegated. We will be the more motivated and in form, we have no excuses not to win.
Wigan H - 3 days after the FA Cup final, they are 5 points from safety and will be playing for survival. They beat us last season but they have quite a few fixtures coming up, again, we have no excuses not to win. Outside chance they will be relegated by this point.
Newcastle A - Hit some terrible form, may need to play for something. Hopefully they find a few points from somewhere (I think they still have to play QPR) before they play us.

Tottenham:
Southampton H - Are safe and cruising to the finish line (and have suspensions). Home win.
Chelsea A - If they win this, top 4 is out of our hands (mathematically). I don't think Chelsea will lose. A draw would be great.
Stoke A - May be completely safe by the time this game comes around, picked up a couple of wins so hopefully they maintain that form until the end. Or the very least give them a good kicking.
Sunderland H - Could be relegated, could still be needing points. Let's hope they still need points.

Chelsea:
Man Utd A - Playing the champions straight after Basel. United looked pretty motivated as the game went on against us, we'll need them to maintain that.
Tottenham H - Huge.
Villa A - Form improving and will probably still need points. Tough.
Everton H - Everton are out of the running for a top 4 spot but they may have an outside hope for Europa League.

I don't expect Spurs to win every game and for Chelsea to win the rest, so realistically it's still in our hands. But I do think Spurs have about 8 points in them at least, maybe 10. We need three wins and nothing less and that should be top 4. As for Chelsea, they have a hard run in and probably the Europa League final thrown into the mix in between the Villa and Everton games, but they also have the best squad and bigger match players. I expect they will get 3rd from here but it won't be decided until the final day.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon May 06, 2013 3:53 am

Perfect storm brewing , with Chelsea beating United they are in 3rd.
If Spurs beat Chelsea on Wednesday they are 4th and we are 5th.
Even if we win our last 2 games (and the other 2 clubs do the same) it wouldn't be enough for us to catch 4th place.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 06, 2013 4:30 am

Michael Schatzky wrote:Perfect storm brewing , with Chelsea beating United they are in 3rd.
If Spurs beat Chelsea on Wednesday they are 4th and we are 5th.
Even if we win our last 2 games (and the other 2 clubs do the same) it wouldn't be enough for us to catch 4th place.

this is gonna be a long week.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Mon May 06, 2013 5:52 am

We really need Chelsea to beat Sp*rs now!

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 pm

If we win both our games, I am quite certain we will make it.

They both have 3 games to play, maximum 9 points to get.

I doubt they will both win their final 2 games.

It's down to us.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 pm

If spurs win chelsea and both of them win their last two games, which I think is highly likely by both their form, then we're screwed to 5th. Remember last season we expected spuds to lose one 1 of their last 2 or 3 gamea to clinch us 3rd but they won all and it went down right to the last game which we nearly messed up in.

That said we really shouldn't be putting ourselves in positions where we have to support the likes of man u and chelsea to help us to get 4th. Also, if you say they're not gonna win both their last games then you could also say we're just as likey not to win our last 2 games considering our playing and scoring form has been poor (albeit our points form is 1st in the league for the last 6 games I think) and also that we're play 2 teams who are absolutely scrapping for survival, chelsea and spuds both only play 1 and their other game is against teams with no reason to win.

I'm still positive too and think we'll just just crawl over the line but I just really hate having to rely on chelsea for a result, keep thinking they'll let spurs win just to have a laugh at us missing out the CL.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 am

We need to win both our games regardless and hope Sp*rs dont win against Chelsea.

If Chelsea beat Sp*rs, we can afford to draw one of our games if we win the other.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 am

result!!!! 2-2 hahahaha
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 am

So now we just have to avoid fucking up the last two games, and we keep 4th at Tottenham's expense. Hell, if Chelsea tie one of their games and we score 4 more goals than they do, we get 3rd. But that one might just be me being hopeful.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu May 09, 2013 9:06 am

i will take 4th just to be above them yet again....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sun May 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Can you see Stoke doing us a favor today? I can't, but I hope I'm wrong.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Thought we were in with a chance there with Villa ahead. Anything can happen.

Remember when Blackburn lost to Liverpool on the final day, but because United drew with West Ham, they didn't capitalise and Blackburn won the league?

Or maybe another dodgy pasta sauce?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun May 12, 2013 11:50 pm

stoke 1 up so far......
please let the football gods play this one out....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun May 12, 2013 11:57 pm

1-1...great.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 am

come on stoke dont fuck it up....you bastards owe us!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 am

stoke....you....cunts!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next