The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4

Post by Michael Foster on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 am

Well looks like a blessing was ours tonight...no one but himself did it....lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rest of the Season! Quite Sure We Will Make it to Top 4

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am

Michael Foster wrote:Well looks like a blessing was ours tonight...no one but himself did it....lol

haha. that's the end of spurs!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 pm

I never want to wish injury on a player etc but considering Spurs haven't won a game where Bale hasn't scored since January it will be interesting to see how they do now.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Steve Bould says Arsenal have finally realised keeping clean sheets is the key to success.

The Gunners have conceded just once in three games since a March defeat at Tottenham left them seven points off their rivals in the race for the UEFA Champions League places.

Arsenal's defenders accepted the blame in the wake of that game, and neither Wojciech Szczesny nor Thomas Vermaelen has played in three straight victories since.

One of those came at Bayern Munich, while back-to-back Premier League wins mean Arsenal are now just two points off fourth spot.

"Everybody has realised that clean sheets win games a lot of the time," said coach Bould, who was credited with improving Arsenal's defence early in the season before last term's errors began to creep in.

"I'm hoping that the Tottenham defeat is the big turning point. We played really well on the day and I think we absolutely deserved more than we got.

"Two defensive errors and we got punished by good players and that's what happens."

A susbequent 2-0 win at Bayern was not enough to prevent a Champions League exit, but Bould said: "A big thing for us was getting the big result at Bayern.

"We're only the second team to have won there this season so it's given everybody a belief that we're doing all right. It was an important game for us."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8618169/

The team are only just realising this? Shocked
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 am

Mike York wrote:
The team are only just realising this? Shocked
Hahaha

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I've spent the last couple of weeks going through every result and seeing how it would affect us. Remaining fixtures...

Arsenal:
Norwich H - still fighting relegation and in poor form. A point would be great for them.
Everton H - fighting for top 4 and will have Fellaini/Pienaar back. They'd need to win for top 4.
Fulham A - Pretty much safe, mid table.
Man Utd H - Hopefully (sad, I know) they arrive as champions and not needing any more points. Here's to them beating City tonight.
QPR A - Hopefully relegated at this point which would help us.
Wigan H - Could be played midweek after FA Cup final, would suit us for them to reach the final and to be safe by then, but probably not likely.
Newcastle A - Will be safe and mid-table.

Tottenham:
Man City H - Flip side of Utd being champions is City not needing a result here. Hopefully they have enough pride/quality to get a result.
Wigan A - Will still be fighting survival.
Southampton H - Will be safe.
Stoke A - Will probably still be needing points to survive, in dreadful form.
Chelsea A - This game doesn't have a date yet but no need to go into how important this game is for us.
Sunderland H - Could be relegated, could still be needing points. Let's hope they still need points.

Chelsea:
Fulham A - A derby. Fulham will be safe but this game is big for them.
Liverpool A - Still trying to get Europa League but Anfield is always a tough game. They will raise their game.
Swansea H - Swansea have nothing to play for.
Man Utd A - United will 95% be champions by this point. But at Old Trafford they will not want to lose.
Villa A - Form improving and will probably need points. Tough.
Tottenham H - Huge.
Everton H - Everton will most likely be out of the running for a top 4 spot but be in a race for 5th/6th.

Looking at the fixtures as of today, Chelsea have the hardest run in and we have the 'easiest'. That obviously means nothing as shown by our fixtures last season, when we lost at home to Wigan, away to QPR and then drew 3-3 at home to Norwich. We play the same teams this season... But it's in our hands now and it's a position I didn't think we would be in after we lost to Tottenham. I don't mean in terms of points but form. Since then they've lost at home to Fulham and we ground out two tough away games and that's changed things up.

It's the hope that kills. My predictions for this season have been terrible but I'd be pretty gutted if we don't get one of those spots from this position.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Mario wrote:I've spent the last couple of weeks going through every result and seeing how it would affect us. Remaining fixtures...

Tottenham:
Man City H - Flip side of Utd being champions is City not needing a result here. Hopefully they have enough pride/quality to get a result.
Wigan A - Will still be fighting survival.
Southampton H - Will be safe.
Stoke A - Will probably still be needing points to survive, in dreadful form.
Chelsea A - This game doesn't have a date yet but no need to go into how important this game is for us.
Sunderland H - Could be relegated, could still be needing points. Let's hope they still need points.

It's the hope that kills. My predictions for this season have been terrible but I'd be pretty gutted if we don't get one of those spots from this position.

Still not going to get my hopes up about 4th. Too dangerous!
It looks like Tott- Chelsea will fall in gw 36 which would be a double game week for each of them, with Chelsea also playing Man U.
Hopefully by that point we are equal or ahead of both of them so that they do each other damage and we sail through....

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

I was hoping for Top 2, but City beat United this morning..
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:I was hoping for Top 2, but City beat United this morning..
It was last night afro

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 pm

On his regular Monday Night Football slot, G Nev did not rule out Everton but suggested their four point gap behind Arsenal currently would be too much to catch up.

First up, Neville looked at Chelsea’s run in and pinpointed a host of tough matches for Rafa Benitez’s side.

Then Spurs and Neville highlights the fact that all their opponents are “playing for something” and suggests Andre Villas-Boas’ team are looking “under pressure.”

Finally, Neville looked at Arsenal and said the Gunners have the easiest run-in of the three teams. Plus, the former Manchester United defender says the fact Arsene Wenger’s side always secure Champions League football in the end has to play a part.

Of course, most intriguing of all, is that Sky Sports will decide when Chelsea play Spurs at home in a game that is still to be rearranged.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gary-neville-talks-through-the-remaining-fixtures-for-chelsea-spurs-arsenal/

Video of the fixtures and Neville talking in link
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 am

Sky sports to arrange the game???.....now I have never really been one for assumptions...

But...all these super Sundays that make or break a teams destiny for league supremacy and managers calling for things to be done where as other teams....*hem..united* seam to have hassle free runs...probably would not have been a wise move for them disclosing that kind of information......

To be honest its a fucking joke.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:I was hoping for Top 2, but City beat United this morning..
It was last night afro

I was speaking Australian time. I normally adjust my times/seasons (winter transfer window?) for this forum though!
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Vanig Bostanian wrote:
It was last night afro

I was speaking Australian time. I normally adjust my times/seasons (winter transfer window?) for this forum though!
I know, I was being a cunt.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Hahaha......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:42 pm

4 games to go, 7-9 points and I'm pretty sure we'll finish in the top 4 Very Happy

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:43 am

mancity doing us a favour at the mo...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravneet Singh on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 am

Suddenly all gets fucked up.Fuck off you City posers.Fucking Cunts.

Ravneet Singh
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 am

Going to be very close. Still think we're going to be 5th.
We basically have to draw or win against Man U. and hope that Spurs lose against Chelsea, (assuming they'll win the rest) to finish at least level on points with Spurs- we'd be ahead on goal difference.
If we don't pick up a point against Man. U. , Spurs will finish above us, so we need to hope Chelsea drop points.......

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 am

Fucking useless city, but hey we've only got ourselves to blame for our position.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 am

how the fuck city lost that is beyond me... Shocked

spurs were shite.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 am

Fuck off City you cunts.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:04 am

We need a favor from Liverpool now.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 am

Oh fuck, if utd win tomorrow then we're gonna have to form a guard of honour for van cunt and his mates. How humiliating, it's like this shit is scripted or something.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:00 am

i would not do it...judas cunt.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:15 am

Good chance it could come down to goal difference. We could finished tied at 73 with Spurs , Chelsea.
We need a result next week against Man U. . If we don't get at least a point, it is well out of our hands......

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next