Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sagna to leave at end of season?

+11
Vanig Bostanian
Assan Touray
Michael Foster
Jenks1981
Joey Schwab
ralph avedikian
Hisham El Mawan
Steve Dawson
Mike York
John Foxall
Mario
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sagna to leave at end of season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sagna to leave at end of season?

Post by Michael Foster Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:During the match, I don't think yelling at players helps. Support helps.

While i do agree with you I will say letting them know exactly what is up should make a player realize all is not well and they need to buck up ideas...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Sagna to leave at end of season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sagna to leave at end of season?

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 am

French fancy: Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna refuses to rule out a move to PSG or Monaco

'I could very well extend my contract here in London but equally I could leave at the end of the season'

The France international's contract is nearing its final year and the Gunners were hoping to persuade him to sign an extension.

However, the 30-year-old seems keen to keep his options open.

"Of course it makes me proud to read PSG are interested. They are a very attractive club," he is quoted as saying in Le 10 Sport.

"Personally I’ve not been approached by PSG. I don’t know if they have contacted my agent or if these are rumours.

"At Arsenal, in the dressing room they tease me every day telling me I will leave to play at PSG, but it is speculation. I don’t know what is going to happen.

"I could very well extend my contract here in London but equally I could leave at the end of the season. I only have one year left on my contract. We will see.

"At the moment I am fully focused on Arsenal. I don’t know what will happen this summer. I have to see the directors again regarding an extension to my contract. Monaco would be a new challenge. I don’t close any door to PSG, Monaco or Arsenal.

While I would be a bit gutted to see him go because he has been one of those lovable players his attitude and ability of late seams to have taken a kicking or be it elsewhere the boy has put in some dreadful games....I personally think he will be off if a big money move comes from elsewhere and the club would take it what with jenkinson waiting for his chance to shine......would leave us in a bit of a spot for cover (again) but what with the expected huge payments of sponsors coming we have funds to find another...

As I said in another thread...I expect him to leave he will take up his retirement pay deal at a club chucking the money about....if he was to stay I would be very surprised..but arsenal might have other ideas....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri May 17, 2013 9:18 am

While I really like him, I'm starting to think it would be best for him and the club if he moved on. I'm a big fan of Jenkinson, so if he wasn't around, I'd probably be hoping we kept Sagna.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 am

That's what a lot of people are starting to think....I also belive this is not wanting to get into another will he won't he story...it seams like a right time for him to move on....talking of other clubs shows he is not 100% with the club and whilst we have jenkinson here who we know is 110% behind his team he will give more for the cause...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 am

Bacary Sagna says he is happy to play at centre-back this season if Arsenal’s injury problems continue and they fail to pick up a new face.

Although primarily a right-back, Sagna is pleased to just be playing a part in Arsenal’s pre-season campaign after missing out last year through injury.

The 30-year-old told the club’s website: “I’m quite pleased (with my pre-season). I was injured last season so I didn’t have any pre-season and I think you could see it in my performances.

“I was not as sharp as I used to be so I’m very happy to start from the beginning and I’m looking forward to win something this season.”

He added: “Playing at centre-back started last season. Laurent Koscielny was injured at Sunderland and the coach came to me asking if I wanted to play centre-back because we had no cover.

“I just went for it and tried to adapt as quickly as possible.”

Sagna’s versatility is a real asset to the club, and I am glad he is still at the club after months of speculation

http://arsenal-news.com/star-happy-to-cover-arsenal-injuries/10232
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:15 am

i can second that at one point i was thinking he was good as gone,he versatility and willing to adapt shows his commitment to us which as the transfer talk popped up regarding him was quite reassuring...

the one i worry for is TV....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:10 am

We can/should give him a two year deal. I think he is our best right back for now and if he loses some pace during those two years, he can always play center back. Seems to have positional awareness and you can see he gives 100% even if he is thinking about leaving the club.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm

I don't understand all the worrying that I see from a lot of others about him playing at CB. He's an excellent footballer, an outstanding defender. If he was to be moved permanently to CB and we signed a new RB I'd be perfectly happy with that. I'm just utterly confident in his abilities, I think he'd make a great center-back.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:45 pm

It would also mean he never has to cross the ball again. Hallelujah.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 am

people talk about player loyalty .... well then give the man a 2year extension, he deserves that much after what he has put into the club, if he feels he isn't going to be valued then of course he is gonna fck off to when an attractive offer comes along.
my opinion, we could do with him, jenkinson still needs someone to learn from, he brings experience to the team and we know we can rely on him. more importantly where are we going to find a player of his class at the amount of money we are willing to spend. the transfer market has changed so much in the past couple of years with all the money clubs, we get outbid everytime
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 pm

it's great to see he seems happy again, particularly with the fresh challenge of having to help in centre back on occasions.

a new deal would be in Arsenal's interests more than Sagna's I think. i hope it happens to keep him around or at least get some money for him if he does move in the future.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:48 am

Give this guy a fucking contract extension. 2 year deal, if he loses pace, he still is a decent backup as center back, if not, the most consistent right back I can think of.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 am

Agree completely with the sentiments, id love to see him given a new contract.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 am

He seems a lot happier than last season too, so I would expect he would be keen to stay.

Wenger will probably only offer him 1 year?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:He seems a lot happier than last season too, so I would expect he would be keen to stay.

I think it will only be a one year extension....but the club should offer more even if it means in the future he only plays a small part...he is too good to let a contract run down or sell...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:He seems a lot happier than last season too, so I would expect he would be keen to stay.

I think it will only be a one year extension....but the club should offer more even if it means in the future he only plays a small part...he is too good to let a contract run down or sell...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2