Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

+9
Joey Schwab
Michael Foster
ralph avedikian
Mario
Vanig Bostanian
deepgrg
Darcy Gorman
Assan Touray
Marko Maksimović
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread Empty Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 am

Must-win. Need to keep the confidence from the 5pur2 game going. Any thoughts on a line-up? Injuries?
Or is this forum hibernating again? Very Happy
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread Empty Re: Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

Post by Assan Touray Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Santos (abdominal muscle strain) and Walcott (shoulder) are injured but Gibbs and Gervinho return. I think we'll see this lineup:

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Arteta - Cazorla - Wilshere
Chamberlain - Giroud - Podolski

Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread Empty Re: Arsenal vs Montpellier Match Thread

Post by Darcy Gorman Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Apparently Walcott and Santos are out for this one, Gibbs and Gervinho are back.

Don't think Gibbs will start, so we'll see the same back 5 as against spurs. Some talk of Arteta and Cazorla needing a rest, but I don't see it for this fixture. Besides, both had a week off between Fulham and spurs, despite Cazorla traveling to Panama. So, same midfield as against spurs as well.

The only real question are the front 3, Giroud and Poldi will start I think, despite Poldi perhaps needing a rest. It's either Ramsey or Chambo on the right, but being at home I think (hope) Wenger goes for Chambo.

So, I think we'll see

Scez
Sagna Kos Mert Verm
Arteta Cazorla Wilshere
Chambo Giroud Poldi

No excuses for starting poorly and/or lapses of concentration in a game that could seal qualification against a team basically playing for pride, we should be winning this and that team on paper should be more than enough.

Going for 3-0 to us, Giroud, Poldi and Arteta to score.

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcy Gorman Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Assan Touray wrote:Santos (abdominal muscle strain) and Walcott (shoulder) are injured but Gibbs and Gervinho return. I think we'll see this lineup:

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Arteta - Cazorla - Wilshere
Chamberlain - Giroud - Podolski

Beat me to it!

Darcy Gorman
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by deepgrg Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 pm

couldnt agree more, definately need to win .. gonna miss the match due to work but hoping the "high" from spurs match will continue. fingers crossed the team will find the magic that was in the beginning of the season

deepgrg
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Darcy Gorman wrote:Apparently Walcott and Santos are out for this one, Gibbs and Gervinho are back.

Don't think Gibbs will start, so we'll see the same back 5 as against spurs. Some talk of Arteta and Cazorla needing a rest, but I don't see it for this fixture. Besides, both had a week off between Fulham and spurs, despite Cazorla traveling to Panama. So, same midfield as against spurs as well.

The only real question are the front 3, Giroud and Poldi will start I think, despite Poldi perhaps needing a rest. It's either Ramsey or Chambo on the right, but being at home I think (hope) Wenger goes for Chambo.

So, I think we'll see

Scez
Sagna Kos Mert Verm
Arteta Cazorla Wilshere
Chambo Giroud Poldi

No excuses for starting poorly and/or lapses of concentration in a game that could seal qualification against a team basically playing for pride, we should be winning this and that team on paper should be more than enough.

Going for 3-0 to us, Giroud, Poldi and Arteta to score.
Couldn't agree more

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Hope Walcott isn't out for long, while I don't like seeing players injured (unless it's Terry, Suarez, or the Man Utd XI), Santos is hardly going to get any game time anyway if Gibbs is back. I doubt Gibbs will start this one, maybe he'll come on as a winger for Poldi to provide some cover at the back if we're winning and desperately need to hold on to a lead.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm

The team pretty much picks itself but that in itself is a worry. I'm worried about how key players will last all season. After this we have two away games vs Villa and Everton, the latter a midweek game, then we head in to a notoriously congested December/January period with a squad that contains subs players who we don't trust at all. Hope we don't burn out the likes of Cazorla.

Anyway, back to the match and we should have too much for this Montpellier team. It would be nice to keep a clean sheet though and look steadier at the back although I guess beggars can't be choosers, we need a win. The Spurs result was great but we were very shaky and nervous whenever they attacked us and we need to rediscover that calmness we had at the start of the season, unless that was a fluke.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:05 am

I guess Jack needs a rest as he played 70 intense minutes vs spurs. I also think Poldi needs a breather, but so does Sagna and Santi so I don't really know what will Wenger do.
We should use Arshavin in Santi's role more often, just to make sure he is not burnt out by december, starting this game.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:19 am

Going for a jugular win tonight...if possible....the team almost picks itself...

4-1 arsenal....

Will slap up some links for the game later Smile
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 am

Early team new people......

Theo Walcott will miss Wednesday's Champions League Group B game at home to Montpellier.

Walcott, who injured his shoulder in the 5-2 victory over Tottenham, will be joined in the stands by Andre Santos.

However, left-back Kieran Gibbs and Ivory Coast forward Gervinho return from injury to make the Gunners squad.

Benjamin Stambouli (virus), injured forward John Utaka, full-back Garry Bocaly and suspended striker Souleymane Camara are all out for Montpellier.

"The injury he got during the game with his shoulder, we have to scan that and see if there is no damage," said Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger of Walcott's injury. "It should be short-term.

"We will miss Andre Santos as well, who has a muscle strain in his abdomen."

Arsenal are second in Group B with two games remaining and know they will qualify for the knockout stages if they beat Montpellier and Olympiakos lose to Schalke 04.

Schalke, who lead Arsenal by one point, will confirm their own progression if they defeat Olympiakos on Wednesday.

If the Greek side avoid defeat in Germany, they will take qualification down to the final game when they host Arsenal on 4 December.

So Gibbs could make a start no Santos and Walcott with the latter be the one missed...

So the team will probably be the same as spurs.....cannot complain at that..

Still sticking with the 4-1 win.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:00 am

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Chamberlain, Podolski, Giroud

I'm predicting a nice 3-1 with Giroud and Poldi on the scoresheet. Maybe our third will be scored by a defender Vermaelen or Koscielny

Last edited by Vanig Bostanian on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:01 am

Arsenal subs: Mannone, Ramsey, Coquelin, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Gibbs.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:03 am

I am banking on 2 cazorla goals tonight in a 4-1 bet...lol

COYG!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 am

Come on Arsenal!
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:55 am

sloppy play so far...4 wayward passes by jack....need to compose the middle a bit better than this.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:57 am

Ohhhhh rattled!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:58 am

Nobody here tonight?!?!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:58 am

Well done shez!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kdunn Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:03 am

Jack looking good but you can still tell he isnt 100%

kdunn
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:04 am

Michael Foster wrote:Nobody here tonight?!?!

It would seam a no......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:05 am

kdunn wrote:Jack looking good but you can still tell he isnt 100%

Needs a goal boost I would say...been too long....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:05 am

Game not on tv, we usually suck whenever I have to stream games.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:06 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Nobody here tonight?!?!

It would seam a no......

Kdunn is here....so just the three of us then.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:07 am

Meshaal wrote:Game not on tv, we usually suck whenever I have to stream games.

Lol....thought I was the only one with that cursed touch.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next