Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Van Persie Thread

+45
Alan Dawson
chris eades
Vijay Saibola
Alejandro Perreira
marco.batra
chubbtrue
ChippyBrady
kique.canto
Joey Schwab
Sue Lee
fkamil
Vanig Bostanian
Dan Hakim
Will.sheng
JavierVen
Adham Khattab
Jason Morrison
Adriel Williams
pwoodman1
Meshaal
Yash
janelle.noel
Michael Foster
Steve Dawson
John Foxall
kdunn
Marko Maksimović
Greg Waters
Jenks1981
Mike York
DaveToffy
vyom.chaudhary
Chris Chan
Subrat Koirala
nick t
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
Jonathan Prendergast
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
ahrstic
Michael Schatzky
Mario
Ashraf Peeran
Zaid Derweesh
49 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

The Van Persie Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Van Persie Thread

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:07 am

As far as i am concerned....

Fuck him......never wish it upon anybody but I hope he breaks his leg...

We will have the last laugh...karma is a fucker....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:20 am

One thing i will add.....the amount of man u fans I have spoken to and seen on forums and so on who actually think this is a bad bit of business for them....just seams like the usual self obsessed glory,glory boys who self admit they are the best club of all time blah blah blah..bollocks...we do what we want because we are united shit..actually think it will solve all of the problems...because we lost the title on goal difference we buy a goal machine...good luck on gettin 30 goals out of him this season.....if he stays fit for the season and especially the way oppisition players kick lumps out of united's players I will be amazed...

Will he get the never ending supply of passes his way that gave him a lot of those goals..don't think so...will he be able to dictate how he sits upfront...don't think so...
Will he be able to sound off at Rooney when something goes wrong...don't think so...

Do I honstly think this was better for us??

I would say so.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:08 am

Im not actually that annoyed that RVP has left, we have made some very good signings this summer. I am just pissed off at the message it sends everyone inside and outside the club. It just tells everyone that we are a feeder club to Europe's elite. The club has to start showing some balls at some point

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbruce5 Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 am

Good article looking at the change in team dynamic now that Van Persie is gone

Neither Lukas Podolski nor Olivier Giroud can do what Robin van Persie can.
Neither have feet that time after time will pluck amazing goals from the sky, like van Persie could do against Everton on Arsenal’s 125th anniversary.
Neither glide brilliantly to create a split second of a gap for a curling thunderbolt – but then again, he cannot do what they can.
Podolski can run past defenders, whilst Giroud can withstand them. In some ways Wenger has replaced the huge hole van Persie leaves with the talents of two players.
When Anelka left, Wenger brought in Suker and Henry. One for now and one for later. This time we have two for now.
Giroud is taller, blockier, and harder. Van Persie, long limbed and slippery, rarely overpowers opponents with physical strength. He relies on his quick mind, sharp turns and wand-like left foot.
When Fábregas and Nasri left he became the focal point of Arsenal’s game, but the team had lost a degree of technical ability to retain possession at the level it had.
Under pressure from organised teams quick to smother and choke Ramsey or Walcott on the ball, the Dutchman would sometimes be fired passes from midfield he could not retain.
Rather, he wants more adept midfielders that can move the ball left to right, to find him in a yard of space so he can arrow a bullet shot. Arsenal now have Podolski and Giroud as their forward line. Two players about to walk into an ocean of pressure as primary forwards for London’s biggest team. They need to settle, score, succeed ever quicker now.
The European leagues have less differences than in the past with the influx of foreign players, so I do expect them to settle fairly soon.
Both have muscular builds, good temperaments and a background of success. Podolski cannot be said not to have succeeded having contributed so much to his country, whilst Giroud has just won Ligue 1.
Winners breed confidence which breeds winning. Santi Cazorla’s international CV means I add him to this list. He’s the smallest player at the club I think I have ever seen. Smaller than Andrei Arshavin and Nelson Vivas, I believe. He is tough for his height and has the presence of a player that has succeeded. He raises the standard of players around him because they will run down the channel when they know he can find them. Add his passing to Arteta or Wilshere’s, and you see the team looks like it could return to the Cesc-era of possession-control.
The fact that Giroud and Podolski are power players, athletic and flexible, gives Arsenal a sharp ‘bite’ to its attack.
If Arsenal can be reliable at the back (which means not using Santos apart from easy home games) then I see a top 3 finish. You could see higher possession statistics than whatever they have been for some time.
One last word on Robin van Persie; no striker has thus far survived in any team alongside Rooney bar Ronaldo (a winger-hybrid). Rooney has enough assets to complicate and confuse managers’ how best to play him. He’s strong without being a target man, quick without being a sprinter and creative without being a number 10.
Robin, take it from me, you will not have it all your own way.

Read more: http://goonertalk.com/2012/08/17/arsenals-changed-team-chemistry-red-detectives-view/#ixzz23peBRpx5

dbruce5
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:54 am

Great read. Fuck you RVP.

COYG!!

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:56 am

I truly hate him now. Even more than the likes of Nasri, Adebayor, Cole, and Anelka

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:09 pm

One thing I will say and it completely goes against what was said in the read a few above is podolski can hit glorious goals and has a good few of them to his name...but that said podolski will shine in this league he is our answer to the powers of Rooney....

It's looking good people...looking good...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:06 am

So after all the talk about the big move and the hype over his debut, Van Persie starts on the bench tonight. Does anyone else find that a bit amusing? Razz

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 am

Not to mention that United lost!! Very Happy
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dbruce5 Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 am

United losing made my day! I like the look of the Everton squad, not to mention that Fellaini is a monster

dbruce5
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 am

Hope that c*nt Robin Van Traitor likes his new clubs direction, haha. Wonder what the little boy is screaming now.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:53 am

Oh hi robin how did you get on in your debut game?!?.....

....lost you say??.....

......well I never....

At least there is always....WAAA WAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

enjoy ya shit cunt....and fuck you very much!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Was he as good for United as he has been for Holland?
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Nearly 30 minutes on...
2 corners....
No shots....
Looked rusty....
1 run to set up an attempt...

Hmmmm......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:46 pm

He was the main man and adored at Arsenal. He won't get that at Utd. I also like how the Everton fans boo'd him as he came on.

Wonder if he will be yet another on the notorious list of players who leave Arsenal thinking they're going to something better, yet end up never being as good as they were under Wenger.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Dug his own hole....too outspoken and neglecting his off the field duties to criticize the club to many times.
you reep what you sow in my opinion and hearing the Everton fans and what they did is only the first step...apart from united fans the rest of the footballing world seams to be shaking its head at robin...he will have so such worse to follow...

I have never had a problem with players leaving for so called bigger clubs..hey it happens all the time..what I do have a problem with is the way the business is done....
His shit cunt of an agent no doubt had a massive say in deluding him to join united,
Also the personal statement over deciding to let Wenger...yes that's your so called boss robin...do the announcing,but in one ironic way I am glad he personaly decided as Wenger does not seen to have taken to much flack over this..it's all been purely directed at robin..

As for last night's game it was clear the 'united faithfull' embraced him as he came on..but it seams today questions were already being asked...why is he not the front man? Should he be sat behind Rooney? As you said mike the answer is in your point....he was the main man at arsenal and still would have been even with podolski and co coming in....
Simply put he won't be at united just like he won't be the main man up front on his own..they play two up front sometimes three..that's the formation and sir Alex is beyond no doubt going to change that and even when he came on it was clear after a small shuffle he won't be the front man more of an central attacking mid....I doubt robin is going to enjoy his time at united....will he back chat fergie? Will he argue with Wayne and giggs? Will he be able to stop his little boy feet if it starts going wrong......
Simple answer.......no.
Players have left us in the past looking for this mystical green pasture of new and trophy full fields and fallen big heights to the muddy valley fields full of empty barren lands...nasri and co picked up a medal last year a small minority...it was and apart from wishing and indeed he did pick up the champions league henry got my thumbs up and well wishes..he stayed a gooner til the very end and always will be.....

A big part of me was glad he did indeed find the greener grass.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 am

Oh I also see this comment today....made me chuckle!!

"Another masterclass by Lord Wenger.

He sold his phone to Manchester united and its charger to Barcelona

or in other words,

He sold the Username to Manchester United and Password to Barcelona"

Lol!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 am

To be honest though, the only thing Henry was missing was the CL. He had won everything else with Arsenal. Personal accolades and other trophies. I was upset but that was mostly because I thought I'd never see Henry in an Arsenal shirt again.. My anger and sadness then had nothing to do with the way the Club was being run etc. Neither is it now. I'm still seething at RvP. Every little bit inside me laughed the hardest when I saw him on the bench and then coming off it to boos from the Evertonians and United still lost. Like you said Michael, players who leave us generally don't find themselves in better situations. Exceptions are Cole (debateable), Toure (debateable- I don't think he would have doped at Arsenal), Clichy, Nasri, Henry and Cesc (also debateable but I can't fault him for wanting to go home).
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 am

Haha..cole (debatable)

The henry saga was at best ok to understand...he wanted to play for barca before is time was up..he left untouchable,never out done,successful and a model of how a transfer should be completed....I raged a little admittedly....just was the fact i as every Gooner did....not want to see him leave...ever,

I cannot fault how arsenal is run..I stated maybe in this post or somewhere else that there is no club of this earth run as effectively nor honest as can be...everything of late with the stadium and debt (which just to add it now stands at a low of 78 million...peanuts) is amazing and to think how quick it's been achieved is mind blowing....

Back to it...it's been not so much a rare thing that players never achieve anything once they leave...I can think of a good few that have not so much won more nor bettered what they had won at arsenal just that they chased newer glory...henry got his champions league,cesc got his boyhood and home back,toure got a new challange,rayes wanted to head closer to home too,players like overmars and petit wanted to be part of a massive project at barca,and Cole...well...he got his pocket filled....
Nasri and clichy knew with the resurgence of city they did and everybody knows had a better chance at winning the title,ade ...well,being the little twat he was shipped out to the highest bidder and I truly thank man city for the millions they paid for that wanker....

As you said watching the game and when robin came onto amongst the chorus of boos had me in stiches.....it's hard to make out if robin is actually aware of the agro and instant dislike he has left behind at arsenal..nor which the stain he has tarnished upon himself forever more...and let's face it..it won't stop even if he retires in 6 years.....people in 10-20 odd years will still know him as a little fucker for doing what he did.....

Winning what he hope's he can with united might come to fruit......it might if he does know how he is tarnished himself...fill him with pride once more...

To us though......for now and forever,simply be know as......

A Cunt.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:54 am

I honestly do not know what to do with the jersey I have and his name and old number on the back -_-
Haha I said cole debateable because in all honesty, he won stuff with us and did so with chelsea but chelsea have also had their fair share of shite times. After all the money that's pumped directly into the squad they disappoint slightly. And I really don't think RvP was aware at first what agro he was going to get. If he knew, and knows now and is hiding his snide happiness inside then he's half the human I thought he was. All those interviews, pictures of him enjoying bla bla I'm Arsenal through and through... You would have thought that he had been in England long enough to know that what he's done makes him a CUNT and nothing else.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:15 am

Hahaha....I won't tell you what to do with your shirt......
I get normally the home and away strip every season name,numbered and badged...

The 7 I had with v.persie on got off loaded to a local aid charity...they might get a few quid or something for them.....

From the original on a 'screaming boy' to a less advantaged boy...
At least something can come of good from it.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 am

I'll probably end up doing something similar. I don't really have the availability here to get the kit every season with names and numbers and stuff.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:34 am

I just try and pitch in an extra few hours at work bit of overtime money around release days...few sits online do them at good prices aswell....

1 thing that would have pissed me off the I nearly got a Netherlands v.persie for the last tournament...74 quid it would have been.....

Pheeeew!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 am

Na I mean as in, here in Serbia they don't sell match day replicas. And online is a bit complicated. Delivery etc.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 am

Robin in a United shirt looked as natural as fake boobs. Would love it if he went on to be like Torres, minus the trophies.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next