Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

+20
Hisham El Mawan
Adam Sisson
Michael Foster
John Foxall
ChippyBrady
Adriel Williams
Zaid Derweesh
nick t
Jonathan Prendergast
Assan Touray
ralph avedikian
Samritpal Singh
Cyril Karwa
Greg Waters
Justin Chew
Jason Morrison
Chris Chan
Dan Hakim
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Vanig Bostanian
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

Post by Chris Chan Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 am

ralph avedikian wrote:I really believe we are the unluckiest team in the world of football.

Great win!! Very Happy

Then you should talk to Wigan fans...or QPR fans...or basically anyone who has played Utd ever

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts

Post by Assan Touray Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:06 am

Great win. We wanted it more than a City team who were lacking in belief right from the start. A draw today would have felt like two points dropped rather than a point gained. After Vermaelen and Benayoun somehow managed to miss horribly in front of goal, I thought it wasn't going to be our day. Arteta's strike was fantastic though, and so was his all around performance. As for Ramsey's miss, no words. We are now two points ahead of Spurs and a further five ahead of Chelsea. Can't rest on the lead though as we've seen how quickly things can change, Wolves next.

Kompany was MOTM for me, what a player and leader he is. If City's players had half his heart and commitment on the pitch, they wouldn't have fallen off so bad in the second half of the season. Is Balotelli's time at City up? Judging by Mancini's comments, it looks like it. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Mancini's is too. Not that he deserves to be fired or anything. Hey Nasri, trophies right? Not money. Ha!
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 am

It is nice to see people not looking for the negatives like on twitter or the interweb.

It was a fantastic win! What a relief when Arteta scored.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by nick t Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 am

he plays when he wants. he plays when he wants. Carlos Tevez, he plays when he wants! hahaha.

is there a video of this when the crowd started singing this? I know it was in the first half

nick t
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Assan Touray wrote: As for Ramsey's miss, no words.

Yeah, everyone in the bar laughed. Poor kid. Having said that, he's lucky that was the reaction. A miss in the 95th minute when we're 1-0 up is acceptable, but only just. The kid is clearly having a crisis of confidence, Wenger needs to withdraw him for the rest of the season I think. We have a big enough squad, and are decently covered in the positions Wenger is playing him in.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 pm

I think Ramsey did well on that play, until he shot.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Assan Touray Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Zaid Derweesh wrote:
Assan Touray wrote: As for Ramsey's miss, no words.

Yeah, everyone in the bar laughed. Poor kid. Having said that, he's lucky that was the reaction. A miss in the 95th minute when we're 1-0 up is acceptable, but only just. The kid is clearly having a crisis of confidence, Wenger needs to withdraw him for the rest of the season I think. We have a big enough squad, and are decently covered in the positions Wenger is playing him in.

Yeah, was surprised Wenger brought him on to replace Benayoun. Should have been the Ox for me. Ramsey's not a winger and once he came on, he narrowed our play down the left and kept drifting infield. Strange Wenger's insisted on playing him there three games in a row, even though it clearly is not working. Can't see Wenger withdrawing him for the rest of the season but he should definitely stop playing him on the wing, it's not doing him nor the team any good.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriel Williams Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Ramsey def isn't short of confidence though. He always looks like he has that 'fuck you I'm having fun out here' look on his face. Always smiles too. Ox and RVP were absolutely livid he didn't square that ball. But he will start banging them in in droves once this cloud passes over his head.

Adriel Williams
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Yesterday's win proves even with all the money in the world, you can't stop those wheels from falling off.
Balotelli will never play for City again apparently. But the scarf wearing Timotei motherfucker said the same thing about Fat Arse Tevez.

Arsenal fully deserved that win. I'm still drunk I think.

Let's all do the Poznan.
Nasri Nasri what's the score.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Ramsey needs to offer those assists to another player if he is that short on precision with his shooting. If he does that someone else will return the favour soon and he will get a tap-in.

We know from some of the goals he scored with Wales U-21 that he can definitely shoot it's just a matter of time before he gets that back. However, he can't afford to turn down an easy square ball to a team mate in any game.

Good win anyway.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 pm

i think he was right in taking the shot, the lack of composure though under minimal pressure was criminal for a professional footballer. rambo getts in excellent positions and once he learns to finish he'll regularly bag 15-20 a season. unfortunately in our current situation where we are fighting for every point, we cant afford those missed opportunities.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

That lack of composure is his current form though. There's no harm, especially in terms of good will towards him within the team, in passing to an unmarked opponent.

In other circumstances I would agree that he was right to shoot. But it was predictable that he wouldn't have the composure necessary to finish it.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm

That's crazy.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Hate to be pedantic but I think that is one of the Groves nasty cider bottles.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 am

Hahaha...legend...and spurs are 1 down at Norwich at the mo!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:54 am

Arsenal vs City Post Match Thoughts - Page 2 Lol16
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Sisson Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 am

Ramsey playing on the wings isn't really that much of a surprise to me. I think it's just Wenger doing his usual "education" of a player by making them play in different positions. We forget that Ramsey basically missed an entire season because of our lovely friend Shawcross, so he's behind a bit in his development, and he missed out on a year learning from Fabregas.

In regards to scoring, we all knw he can do it like Chris said. Fabregas had a terrible scoring season one year then went on to have two great ones the following seasons. I'm not too worried about him discovering his scoring touch. Just something he needs to work on a little bit harder.

I think it will end up being Wilshere playing in that advanced role anyways, with Ramsey taking over from Arteta.
Adam Sisson
Adam Sisson
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 am

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Balotelli could face 9 match ban if found guilty for that tackle on Song. Total of 14 matches in this season alone.

LINK
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 am

Adam Sisson wrote:Ramsey playing on the wings isn't really that much of a surprise to me. I think it's just Wenger doing his usual "education" of a player by making them play in different positions. We forget that Ramsey basically missed an entire season because of our lovely friend Shawcross, so he's behind a bit in his development, and he missed out on a year learning from Fabregas.

In regards to scoring, we all knw he can do it like Chris said. Fabregas had a terrible scoring season one year then went on to have two great ones the following seasons. I'm not too worried about him discovering his scoring touch. Just something he needs to work on a little bit harder.

I think it will end up being Wilshere playing in that advanced role anyways, with Ramsey taking over from Arteta.

I'm not sure its Ramseys education, could it maybe be Wengers education to Ramsey, I genuinely dont think he fits into our midfield at the moment, he has a little "Frank Lampard" about him for me, positionally not great and contribution off the ball is less than Arteta and Song, he hasnt popped up with as many goals as we might have hoped this season as well, he is kind of a luxury we cannot afford, not with our new superhuman Rosicky in such fine form, Wilshire and Diaby coming back, what a huge amount of competition we have for the midfield three already before the summer potential arrivals...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Wilshire and Diaby coming back, what a huge amount of competition we have for the midfield three already before the summer potential arrivals...

who?
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:23 am

There was so much hype and hyperbole around the game...

Kompany is being picked out as man of the match by many. But, he clumsily fell over RVP, which should have been a pen. He lost RVP for the corner (when Vermaelen got in the way), and also the header that hit the post. RVP is not strong in the air. It's kinda like Vermaelen's performance against QPR. As good as Vermaelen is, you can't afford your defenders to make such mistakes..

Ramsey's miss was not as bad as Benayoun and Vermaelen's double miss

Balotelli's tackle on Song was horrible. But his 2 yellow cards weren't that bad. The second one was a committed tackle, that arrived late. But at least he was willing to close down and work hard. Both were deserved yellows, but if you follow the headlines, he should be strung up and quartered. I do remember a young Arsenal striker that had terrible technique for tackles, and put in a few horrible challenges. He also had a bad temperament. He is now our captain and the best striker in the world.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am

Joey Schwab wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:Wilshire and Diaby coming back, what a huge amount of competition we have for the midfield three already before the summer potential arrivals...

who?

Very funny, call it blind optimism but I think Diaby can be a valuable player next season, if you look at our midfield options he is a risk we CAN take next season as we have plenty of options and if he finds fitness and form, we know he can be useful.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:18 am

Mario Balotelli will not face further punishment for stamp on Alex Song. Referee Martin Atkinson told FA he saw the incident. No retrospective action permitted.

Tha fuck.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next