Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by eyal.peer on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 am

And It's Arsenal
Arsenal FC!
We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Chris Chan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:40 am

Overriding emotion of pride at the moment. Didn't disgrace ourselves, but the damage was done in the first leg. Hope Ox and Theo arent out too long

Oh and if anyone needed any proof that the Ox is legit, what a performance today


Last edited by Chris Chan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Chris Chan
Admin

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 34
Location : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 am

proud of my boys......

a night so close but yet so far

in gooners eyes...

the real winners..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 38
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Evan Mullins on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 am

Proud of the team. AC Milan were very unsporting. They should really take a look at themselves. Who knows how the tie could have turned out if they would have had a football pitch to play on in the first leg.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Ashraf Peeran on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 am

Love this team. Arsenal are the real winners.
Ashraf Peeran
Ashraf Peeran
Reserves

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-01-08
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 am

Another big CL game where we get a pathetic referee and a bunch of diving cheats as opposition. I am so very proud of us right now, we almost did it, against all the odds.


Last edited by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Posts : 354
Join date : 2012-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Dan Hakim on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:47 am

Evan Mullins wrote:Proud of the team. AC Milan were very unsporting. They should really take a look at themselves. Who knows how the tie could have turned out if they would have had a football pitch to play on in the first leg.

I don't accept that they are "unsporting" for having, intentionally or not, a poor pitch. That's just part of the game. It wasn't just the pitch, it was us on the night. Milan had to play on that surface, too, and they put away four goals. We were not good enough for the first leg, and we were just barely not good enough to overcome it for the second leg.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Jason Morrison on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 am

First things first, I LOVE ARSENAL! Never a dull moment supporting this wonderful club!

Amazing display and drive shown by our players, we won the battle but unfortunately it wasn't to be and they won the war. Now lets move on and take this performance to our next game and forth!
Lost a lot of ability when Ox went off/got injured, that was probably the turning moment in the game... Players like chamakh and park are never going to win you games or ve creative enough to make assists...
Sad yet Proud!

COYG!!!

PS. Injuries could really mess up our season now!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Posts : 1600
Join date : 2012-01-08
Age : 28
Location : Cape Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Chris Chan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 am

Yeah don't blame pitches, you play on what you are given, Utd have flooded their pitches against us in the past, and the lower league sides use it as a 'leveller' in FA Cup ties. The pitch is same for both sides

Chris Chan
Admin

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 34
Location : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Dan Hakim on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 am

Chris Chan wrote:Yeah don't blame pitches, you play on what you are given, Utd have flooded their pitches against us in the past, and the lower league sides use it as a 'leveller' in FA Cup ties. The pitch is same for both sides

It's part of "home field advantage". You have more supporters in the stadium, and you can do whatever you want to the pitch (as long as it's not dangerous).
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Dan Hakim on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:53 am

Were they unsporting for diving? Yes.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Richard Wallace on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 am

We can only be proud of the lads today.

We gave everything tonight but just ran out of steam at the end of it. I just hope this doesn't knock them for the 11 cup finals they have ahead of them.

Couldn't have asked for more really. It's a shame we didn't have the quality on the bench to freshen things up because we were really struggling in the last 20- an Arshavin sub in that game could very well have been the difference!

Rosicky and AOC in the first half were immense. We are looking at a young player where the sky is the limit in terms of where he goes. He has everything a footballer could want and tonight has shown us how good he is in the middle of the park. Just wow. Had he been able to carry on for the whole 90 mins we could very well have been celebrating qualification into the last 8 or have been watching extra time right now.

We get knocked out with our heads held high.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-01-08
Age : 30
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Evan Mullins on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 am

I absolutely blame the pitch partly for our first leg loss. If you don't think the pitch effects our style of play I don't know what to say. Its embarrassing for a club of AC Milan's stature to play with a pitch like that, in my opinion. Sure it worked out but they looked like classless cunts, which they are.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by JavierVen on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 am

The only thing I can say is

I am proud to be a Gooner
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 am

Great performance from the lads. At least we can go out our heads up. One thing though, The Ox and Theo, the ones who give us our best weapon got injured, we needed goals, we threw Chamakh and Park, who combined have less goals than Vermaelen or Henry in his return. I know I'd rather throw Arshavin in a situation like this. I still think it was a bad move for us to loan him out.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Chris Chan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:00 am

Different pitches absolutely effect our performances, but it is our job to adapt. If you think all the pitches are going to be like ours you are gravely mistaken. Milan did nothing wrong by putting a pitch out that we couldnt work out how to play on as long as it wasnt dangerous

Chris Chan
Admin

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 34
Location : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:01 am

I hate milan almost as much as spurs now.

Very sad and disappointed, couldn't have asked more from the first half, it was a dream come true being 3-0 up... anyway, very proud and we should be there next season, we deserve it!

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Posts : 579
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by eyal.peer on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:02 am

By the way, the fans were amazing. Best I've heard in a while.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Dan Hakim on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:03 am

Evan Mullins wrote:I absolutely blame the pitch partly for our first leg loss. If you don't think the pitch effects our style of play I don't know what to say. Its embarrassing for a club of AC Milan's stature to play with a pitch like that, in my opinion. Sure it worked out but they looked like classless cunts, which they are.

Of course the pitch affected our style of play. I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that, classless or not, it's part of the game and part of home field advantage. What should have happened was, instead of complaining about it and kicking up a fuss, we change or adapt our style to the pitch while still utilizing our strengths. We didn't, and we were taken apart.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by janelle.noel on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:12 am

Dan Hakim wrote:
Evan Mullins wrote:I absolutely blame the pitch partly for our first leg loss. If you don't think the pitch effects our style of play I don't know what to say. Its embarrassing for a club of AC Milan's stature to play with a pitch like that, in my opinion. Sure it worked out but they looked like classless cunts, which they are.

Of course the pitch affected our style of play. I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that, classless or not, it's part of the game and part of home field advantage. What should have happened was, instead of complaining about it and kicking up a fuss, we change or adapt our style to the pitch while still utilizing our strengths. We didn't, and we were taken apart.
Agree. If we had played with half the drive as we did today I doubt we would have ended up in a 4-0 hole. The pitch doesn't affect if you can run round and hustle and make it hard for the opponent and we didn't do that. Since then we have seen e.g. Theo running back and nicking balls and putting in slide challenges. It's been great to watch.

This is the sort of effort we have to carry on with the remainder of the season. SO SO PROUD of the team today. Was an amazing match to watch.
Hopefully the Ox isn't too badly hurt, seeing as he was able to carry on for a while? And I hope Theo was just a dead leg or something.

janelle.noel
First Team Squad

Posts : 109
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 am

Fucking hell, how did RVP miss that ?? I am gutted, absolutely gutted.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Posts : 579
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Assan Touray on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 am

Fantastic performance from the boys, what a comeback that would have been. Wenger got his tactics spot on from the start and Milan just couldn't cope with our pace in the first half. Second half, they organized themselves better but the turning point for me was the Ox's injury and then Walcott's. We lacked the pace and directness we had in the first half and bar Van Persie's miss, we didn't look like scoring again.

Song really pissed me off at the end. We were struggling to get possession of the ball for a long period and when we finally had a chance to break, he tried to play a difficult pass. All he had to do was play Park on the left and we would have had a real counter going, Wenger lost it on the sidelines. The referee got so many decisions wrong today; Sagna's yellow card, not booking Robinho for kicking the ball away and then the Mexes challenge on Vermaelen.

The lack of quality on our bench continues to hurt us, this must be addressed in the summer. It's all well to have a quality starting XI but you need player's on the bench who can come on and make a difference. I don't think anyone expected Chamakh and Park to do that today, or all season really. Hopefully the Ox and Theo aren't out for long, we need them in our fight to finish in the top four.
Assan Touray
Assan Touray
Reserves

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-02-15
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Dan Hakim on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am

Assan Touray wrote:Fantastic performance from the boys, what a comeback that would have been. Wenger got his tactics spot on from the start and Milan just couldn't cope with our pace in the first half. Second half, they organized themselves better but the turning point for me was the Ox's injury and then Walcott's. We lacked the pace and directness we had in the first half and bar Van Persie's miss, we didn't look like scoring again.

Song really pissed me off at the end. We were struggling to get possession of the ball for a long period and when we finally had a chance to break, he tried to play a difficult pass. All he had to do was play Park on the left and we would have had a real counter going, Wenger lost it on the sidelines. The referee got so many decisions wrong today; Sagna's yellow card, not booking Robinho for kicking the ball away and then the Mexes challenge on Vermaelen.

The lack of quality on our bench continues to hurt us, this must be addressed in the summer. It's all well to have a quality starting XI but you need player's on the bench who can come on and make a difference. I don't think anyone expected Chamakh and Park to do that today, or all season really. Hopefully the Ox and Theo aren't out for long, we need them in our fight to finish in the top four.

It's true we don't have an impact sub, though I'm not entirely sure we need to dip into the transfer market too much. Next season we'll have Wilshere coming back from injury, and Miyaichi and Joel Campbell will be returning from loan. We'll need a solid backup for RVP, but not too much more than that.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 am

The problem is not our squad depth, we have a large squad.. it is the injuries we pick up..way too much and more often than not in the same position.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Posts : 579
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

Oh I thought gervinho was really poor. We needed arshavin today Sad

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Posts : 579
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match Empty Re: Arsenal vs. AC Divers Post Match

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum