Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton vs Arsenal Post Match

+14
Joey Schwab
Adriel Williams
Ozy Hreish
Dan Hakim
Michael Foster
Jonathan Prendergast
Ashraf Peeran
Sami Rockfeller
vyom.chaudhary
Richard Wallace
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jason Morrison
ralph avedikian
Chris Chan
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton vs Arsenal Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton vs Arsenal Post Match

Post by Michael Foster Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 am

It does indeed even out....now to pull away from spurs...they have chelsea next and we villa
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 am

Saw this joke, thought i'd share.

Causes of St Totteringham’s Day:
2006 – need a result against WHU, lasagne
strikes

2012 – 2-0 up at our gaff and Le Sagna
strikes.

Deja fuckin vu.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am

Haha, nice Jason. Fucking mugs.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am

Ozy Hreish wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote: Ramsey is shit.

Um, he didn't have the greatest of games, but calling him shit is just a silly thing to say.

He was shit and he has been all season long except a few games. Too slow on the ball and it just takes 5 mins from Rosicky to see how big a difference he is. (and this is Rosicky, not messi) He needs to go out on loan to develop and not frustrate the hell out of every fan!

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:03 am

ralph avedikian wrote:
Ozy Hreish wrote:

Um, he didn't have the greatest of games, but calling him shit is just a silly thing to say.

He was shit and he has been all season long except a few games. Too slow on the ball and it just takes 5 mins from Rosicky to see how big a difference he is. (and this is Rosicky, not messi) He needs to go out on loan to develop and not frustrate the hell out of every fan!

This is called nit-picking. You can't enjoy the win for just a few minutes, can't enjoy that we've moved above spurs?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:08 am

Van der Vaart back in October,"There is no
chance of Arsenal finishing
above Spurs. We're better."

5months later......
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:24 am

Chris Chan wrote:
Adriel Williams wrote:I felt dirty after Drenthe's goal was disallowed. He was a mile onside. But fuck them. Great game for the most part against an Everton team in good form.

Why feel dirty? we've been on the end of some shit decisions, we are due a bit of good fortune. As they say, it all evens out in the end

Clear pen on Rosicky not given. More or less even stevens.

Also, Ramsey is not shit but he's frustrating. He always gets the ball, dribbles in a circle when there is a chance for a break, and passes backwards. And yet he is surprisingly good at arriving in the box and being a threat. He's going through football puberty - he's awkward and ugly right now, but he'll get over it.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:36 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:
Chris Chan wrote:
Adriel Williams wrote:I felt dirty after Drenthe's goal was disallowed. He was a mile onside. But fuck them. Great game for the most part against an Everton team in good form.

Why feel dirty? we've been on the end of some shit decisions, we are due a bit of good fortune. As they say, it all evens out in the end

Clear pen on Rosicky not given. More or less even stevens.

Also, Ramsey is not shit but he's frustrating. He always gets the ball, dribbles in a circle when there is a chance for a break, and passes backwards. And yet he is surprisingly good at arriving in the box and being a threat. He's going through football puberty - he's awkward and ugly right now, but he'll get over it.

Thats a good point, Ramsey makes excellent runs into the box and always gets onto the end of things. Just at the moment he lacks composure and confidence infront of goal, he could easily have more than 10+ goals this season if he put away all those clear chances he's gotten onto...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:30 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:
Ozy Hreish wrote:

I think his movement and ability to get on the end of things were second to none today. Had he a better touch on him, he could have scored upto 5 goals today even RVP didn't get on the end of stuff as much as him.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 pm

just thought I would share a few things said by spurs fans on forums...

This should brighten up your day.....

Gutted....I hope that tosser Jack Wilshire's bet isnt coming to fruition, totally f**ked off at mo.....just hope we can do Chelsea on Sat

PM Get Redknapp out. He's obviously gonna go to England so why not get someone in now who gives a toss. Last 4 games hes cost us 10points. How long before he realises Modric needs to play central and to start Defoe up top. All we need to do now is sit back and watch us finish 5th, watch all our players leave and listen to the c*nts up the road gloat as per usual. Redknapp out.

This my friend is worse by a country mile. We were 11POINTS clear of 4th place and 2-nil up at the scum. All difficult games since - ok. But what is happening is not acceptable. I totally agree with Justinyidarmy - and find myself agreeing more and more with him over the last few weeks - harry has a decision to make and should go public with it. He normally is so open with the press, isn't he. Well what about coming clean with the bloody fans who'll be here long after you've gone.

Im sorry but for the past month we've played sh1t and you cant deny it, yet another week of school or work where spurs fans everywhere are abused, to be honest harry needs to come out, i've defended him countlessly for his whole time here, but now i think he needs to come out, and its sad that its come to this but he either needs to get out or sign a new contract

And my personal favourite....

"Those cunts have jumped us AGAIN!!!! GREAT NOW I GOT TO LISTEN TO IT ALL AGAIN!!"

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 pm

absolutely loving this bounce

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:05 pm

I only saw the Match of the Day highlights and some of the extended highlights on Sky last night so I can't comment on the whole game and who played well/poor.

But what a fantastic win. Another fantastic win! We have won 6 in a row but the last 5 of those games are one of the toughest league runs you could have and we have taken maximum points. And I am still stunned that we have managed it. I am enjoying every moment of this run even more so than usual because we have had some horrible defeats this season, it's so good to see all the positivity coming out of the club.

Some quick points:

1) Love to tough out a win away from home. 1-0 to the Arsenal will always have a good ring to it and it shows how important it is to have a full strength team for a change.

2) Important to win the last two games with winning goals coming from someone other than RVP. Even the Sunderland win came from goals from other players and 4 of the 5 Spurs goals, too. Others have started to step up and long may it continue.

3) Really wish Ramsey had scored that chance. He's getting more and more criticism it seems and even though I don't think he's had a very good season so far, I think it's so unjustified.

4) Every matchday until the end of the season will be important. But this weekend is slightly more. Not only do we have a home match against a mid-table team, Chelsea and/or Spurs will drop points. We must win and if we do, whatever the result in the other game it will be yet another great weekend for us.

5) 3rd spot is now in our hands, but we've seen how quick things can change this season. Let's not get complacent now.

6) Arsene Wenger deserves enormous credit. He was getting the stick when things were going poorly, it's only fair he gets praise now.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Great win indeed. We didn't really control the game, but we defended excellently from the front to the back, and they had almost no clear-cut opportunities.

That mental strength, the fortitude Wenger goes on about is finally clear for all to see - and it's worth noting that our team is older than it's been in recent years. Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs and Chesney were the only 'kids' on display yesterday. Not that it's entirely related to youth - you could never accuse Chesney or Ox of being mentally weak, for example - but it does go some way to showing the benefit of having some older squad members like Rosicky, Arteta, Vermaelen (who's not old himself), Sagna.

Also the personalities we have in this team now I feel are a lot stronger mentally than some players of old. RVP, Vermaelen, Sagna, Koscielny, Arteta and recently Rosicky are tough as nails (mentally). There is also Mertesacker and Wilshere who are real strong characters as well. It bodes well for the future.

Also, a point I'd like to make: our recent run has been characterised by amazing comebacks (Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, etc), dogged determination in difficult away games (Liverpool, Everton), and big slices of creating our own luck. We've won looking impressive, and we've won looking less than impressive but working hard. These are all accusations made against Man Utd as they've gone on collecting trophies in the last few years - that their team is more than the sum of their parts, that their doggedness and determination has seen them through. It's nice to see that finally invigorating and breathing life into our team, because it's not been there very often.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Amazing night! Everton was always going to be tough but our boys performed very well, espescially the defence! With that back five I feel confident going into each game and it has been a while.

Only saw the highlights but from what I hear we were all over them the majority of the game and we grinded out an away win after scoring in the 8th (?) minute. We may have lost a lot of quality when Cesc and Nasri left but with the experienced heads Wenger bought in I think the team is more rounded and able to cope with high-pressure situations. They play more maturely. If this is a sign of things to come then that's awesome Smile

Ramsey isn't shit. He has not had a great season but he has been played out of position a fair bit and is still very young. He has bags and bags of potential, and is the captain of his country at such a young age, so I wouldn't judge him just yet.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Thomas Vermaelen was happy to take some of the pressure off of Robin van Persie by scoring the winning goal in Arsenal's 1-0 victory over Everton on Wednesday.

Vermaelen's first half goal was enough to secure three points despite the Toffees' success in keeping Van Persie off of the scoresheet.

The Belgian defender feels that Arsenal are a better side when they do not rely too heavily on their captain.

"I think it's good for the team that other players score as well," Vermaelen told Sky Sports. "It doesn't matter who scores, of course.

"I'm happy for myself to have scored the winner twice. But I'm pleased with the mentality that the team has shown in the last few weeks and that's even more important I think. That's why we win these games."

Vermaelen was delighted to see Arsenal take three points to jump to third in the Premier League, but played down the importance of overtaking the Gunners' fierce rivals.

"Man City and Tottenham both lost here so we knew it would be hard to play here and I think it was a great result we won here 1-0," Vermaelen insisted.

"In the first half, in the beginning, we were better. We had a few chances I think.

"But in the second half we had to fight for the three points because Everton were playing the long ball and we had fight in the air all the time and I think we did well as a team and we could keep a clean sheet.

"I think it's important we go for the top four and maybe the top three. We don't look at Tottenham, we only look at ourselves. That's most important."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/22/2983907/vermaelen-happy-to-see-arsenal-not-relying-on-van-persie
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 am

I'm so happy that we had Sagna yesterday. The amount of pressure they put down our right hand side was insane. I think if they had done the same down Gibbs side we could have been punished.
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:49 am

Sagna is the best RB in the world.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:Sagna is the best RB in the world.

Whatever anyone's views on Sagna are, personally, I wouldnt swap him for any other RB in the world

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Chris Chan wrote:
Zaid Derweesh wrote:Sagna is the best RB in the world.

Whatever anyone's views on Sagna are, personally, I wouldnt swap him for any other RB in the world

I don't think any gooner would.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2