Arsenal v Newcastle

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 am

Defo for the ox to get another run out...get this lad up into the team pronto...he has it fo sho lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 38
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Chris Chan on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 am

What on earth does that mean?

Chris Chan
Admin

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 34
Location : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Dan Hakim on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

I think it means: "I'm definitely of the opinion that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain should have the opportunity to start the match against Newcastle United FC. This young chap has all the skills and attributes necessary to compete at the highest level. Laughing out loud."
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:36 am

Dan Hakim wrote:I think it means: "I'm definitely of the opinion that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain should have the opportunity to start the match against Newcastle United FC. This young chap has all the skills and attributes necessary to compete at the highest level. Laughing out loud."

lol!
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Posts : 354
Join date : 2012-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:50 am

---------------SZCZESNY----------------
SAGNA--KOSCIELNY---VERMAELEN--GIBBS
SONG-----------ARTETA---------ROSICKY
WALCOTT-----van PERSIE---CHAMBERLAIN

Gervinho to come off the bench in the second half for Chamberlain, Ramsey to make an appearance if Arteta or Rosicky are subbed out. Benayoun will probably be subbed on as well. Seeing as Mertesacker is out for the foreseeable future, we have to worry about the height in Newcastle's forwards. But I'm confident after the last few weeks. 2-1 to us.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Posts : 560
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Chris Chan wrote:What on earth does that mean?

That was a 'feeling good about spanking Newcastle happy chat' haha...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 38
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:---------------SZCZESNY----------------
SAGNA--KOSCIELNY---VERMAELEN--GIBBS
SONG-----------ARTETA---------ROSICKY
WALCOTT-----van PERSIE---CHAMBERLAIN

Gervinho to come off the bench in the second half for Chamberlain, Ramsey to make an appearance if Arteta or Rosicky are subbed out. Benayoun will probably be subbed on as well. Seeing as Mertesacker is out for the foreseeable future, we have to worry about the height in Newcastle's forwards. But I'm confident after the last few weeks. 2-1 to us.

I suspect The Ox won't start. He is riding high, so I think Wenger will play Gervinho or Benayoun, and keep The Ox hungry and free of pressure.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Sydney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:---------------SZCZESNY----------------
SAGNA--KOSCIELNY---VERMAELEN--GIBBS
SONG-----------ARTETA---------ROSICKY
WALCOTT-----van PERSIE---CHAMBERLAIN

Gervinho to come off the bench in the second half for Chamberlain, Ramsey to make an appearance if Arteta or Rosicky are subbed out. Benayoun will probably be subbed on as well. Seeing as Mertesacker is out for the foreseeable future, we have to worry about the height in Newcastle's forwards. But I'm confident after the last few weeks. 2-1 to us.

I suspect The Ox won't start. He is riding high, so I think Wenger will play Gervinho or Benayoun, and keep The Ox hungry and free of pressure.

Yeah, I see your point. Swap Chambo for Gervinho then, and perhaps the Ox will come on in the second half?

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Posts : 560
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Chris Chan on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:---------------SZCZESNY----------------
SAGNA--KOSCIELNY---VERMAELEN--GIBBS
SONG-----------ARTETA---------ROSICKY
WALCOTT-----van PERSIE---CHAMBERLAIN

Gervinho to come off the bench in the second half for Chamberlain, Ramsey to make an appearance if Arteta or Rosicky are subbed out. Benayoun will probably be subbed on as well. Seeing as Mertesacker is out for the foreseeable future, we have to worry about the height in Newcastle's forwards. But I'm confident after the last few weeks. 2-1 to us.

I suspect The Ox won't start. He is riding high, so I think Wenger will play Gervinho or Benayoun, and keep The Ox hungry and free of pressure.

Yeah, I see your point. Swap Chambo for Gervinho then, and perhaps the Ox will come on in the second half?

Would go with Benayoun; he and Rosicky seem to have a developed a good understanding.

Chris Chan
Admin

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 34
Location : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Agree Chris. Best to continue Benayoun while he is a bit of form also.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Sydney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Mario on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 am

I'm quite nervous about this game. More so than any game in the last few months at least (apart from Spurs, which I'm always nervous about). It's always been about trying to get into 4th this season but we're closing in on the final stretch and now there's an expectation that we could get third, which I personally find hard to believe after some of the rubbish we've had to watch this season. Just a few weeks ago, too!

With Arsenal, we've seen quite often in the last few seasons that we're not the best at taking advantage of others slip ups, which is why I'm nervous about tonight. And I think after the battering they took at Tottenham, Newcastle may arrive with a more cautious approach.

Still, we have to win and we should win. In our last 4 home games we have scored 18 goals! Although in two of those games we were 2-0 down.

As for the team, I think Gervinho looks like he is low on confidence since returning from Africa and would consider Benayoun or the Ox over him.

Mario
Admin

Posts : 533
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Jenks1981 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Agree Chris. Best to continue Benayoun while he is a bit of form also.

I'm not sure I agree Jon and Chris, Benayoun was decent against Spuds, but he literally disappeared againts Pool and then wasnt fit for Milan, so is he really in good form? Not for me.

As we are at home I would play Chamberlain, in fact this is how I would go;

Ches-Bac-Kos-Verm-Gibbs-Song-Arteta-Rosicky-Walcott-VP-Chambo

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:28 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Agree Chris. Best to continue Benayoun while he is a bit of form also.

I'm not sure I agree Jon and Chris, Benayoun was decent against Spuds, but he literally disappeared againts Pool and then wasnt fit for Milan, so is he really in good form? Not for me.

As we are at home I would play Chamberlain, in fact this is how I would go;

Ches-Bac-Kos-Verm-Gibbs-Song-Arteta-Rosicky-Walcott-VP-Chambo

The discussion was between Benayoun or Gervinho. I said at the start that I was torn between Ox or Benayoun.

Chris Chan
Admin

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 34
Location : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 am

Chris Chan wrote:
Jenks1981 wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Agree Chris. Best to continue Benayoun while he is a bit of form also.

I'm not sure I agree Jon and Chris, Benayoun was decent against Spuds, but he literally disappeared againts Pool and then wasnt fit for Milan, so is he really in good form? Not for me.

As we are at home I would play Chamberlain, in fact this is how I would go;

Ches-Bac-Kos-Verm-Gibbs-Song-Arteta-Rosicky-Walcott-VP-Chambo

The discussion was between Benayoun or Gervinho. I said at the start that I was torn between Ox or Benayoun.

I think we should start Walcott and Benayoun on the wings, and then sub them for Ox and Gervinho in the second half.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Posts : 560
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 am

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Persie.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 am

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Ramsey, Benayoun, Gervinho, Chamakh.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Saudi Arabia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by ralph avedikian on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:12 am

I want Santos to come in second half. (if we're confortable)

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Posts : 579
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Hisham El Mawan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 am

Strongest team we can put out at the moment, and the bench is quite decent as well.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Posts : 560
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Justin Chew on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 am

Newcastle looking dangerous

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Posts : 434
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Justin Chew on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:14 am

shit

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Posts : 434
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Justin Chew on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:15 am

hahahahahahahaha 1-1 rvp!

Justin Chew
Matchday Bench

Posts : 434
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Jason Morrison on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 am

Fuck RvP is sooooO Good!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Posts : 1600
Join date : 2012-01-08
Age : 28
Location : Cape Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 am

hahahahahaha...fucking quality......lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 38
Location : the back and beyond..aka..Norwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Yash on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 am

RVP is GOD !

Yash
First Team Squad

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Steve Dawson on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 am

Blimey, that was dramatic! Glad we hit back straight away.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Posts : 233
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum