Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Newcastle

+6
Jason Morrison
Hisham El Mawan
Steve Dawson
Vanig Bostanian
Andreas Wæhre
Michael Foster
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle Empty Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Michael Foster Sat May 18, 2013 3:11 am

Sunday 19th May 4.00pm
St James park

Well this is it people..
The season draws to a close with Newcastle away everybody knows what this win spells for the club..
3/4th spot hangs in the balance just as dropping to 5th could happen..

It's been yet another disappointing season for us no trophies,leading goal scorer picking up a title with united..

But hey let's look on the bright side..come 5:45 Sunday we should all be relaxing knowing 4th is ours..
(Let's not take it for granted it will be...) Our little personal trophy will consist of knowing we finished above spurs...again...
And also wishing for a good spend in the transfer window (and hopefully early I might add)....

I would like to see no fucking around with the team from Wenger just have our strongest 11 out and hopefully it will see us over the line...Newcastle will no means be an easy game....they have the freedom of knowing they are safe and will probably want some pay back for the spanking we dished out to them....

Manchester United have sewn up the title and Wigan, Reading and QPR have been consigned to relegation.

But the final of the day of the Premier League season will be a fascinating afternoon of football, as North London rivals Tottenham and Arsenal vie for the final Champions League spot.

Arsenal sit in pole position to land fourth place and travel to Newcastle on Sunday knowing victory will assure them of a place in Europe's elite club competition.

Tottenham, meanwhile, sit one point behind in fifth, and must defeat Sunderland at White Hart Lane and hope the Gunners misfire at St James' Park.

Both games will be live on Sky Sports, and it will be a nail-biting afternoon for the two sets of supporters.

For me, the biggest banker of the weekend is that Spurs will beat Sunderland, so Arsenal can't afford to sit back and think 'what are Spurs doing?'. They have totake it for granted Spurs will win and they need all three points at Newcastle.

The pressure is off now for the Magpies; they've had a terrible season, considering they were pushing for a top four place themselves last year, but they've avoided relegation and the players will be relaxed come kick-off - and I wonder if that will make things harder for Arsenal.

If you look at Newcastle's results when they've needed to get points - when they were battling relegation and were hammered 6-0 by Liverpool or when they were beaten by local rivals and fellow strugglers Sunderland 3-0, both at home - it shows they can't handle the pressure particularly well.

But they have a squad, featuring a few players such as Hatem Ben Arfa, who play nice football when they have the ball, don't like restriction in terms of defensive duty and excel when they have the freedom to attack.

This is such a big game for Arsenal and they'll certainly be feeling the pressure on them. Financially, three points on Sunday is worth so much, but Newcastle will make it tough.

However, Arsenal are unbeaten in their last nine in the league andare playingwell at the moment and I think they'll just edge the win they need - ad if they can pull through and get into the top four then, as I have said from day one, it will be one of Arsene Wenger's biggest ever achievements. Inferior

Tottenham and Chelsea have got a far superior squad to Arsenalwhenyoumatchthem up player for player, so a top-four finish will be a major achievement for Wenger and shows how good a manager he is.

Regardless of the result, though, Wenger can't afford to have another off-seasonselling his best players and replacing them with inferior signings.

He mustn't paper over the cracks becuase you can't expect to succeed like that. Arsenal must add some star quality to their ranks - they are too big a club not to have aces in their pack.

Tottenham, on the other hand, will judge their season on Sunday afternoon's events; they'll feel they should have bought a forward in January but, with the squad they've got, they should be finishing in the top four, and if they don't it will be a big blow.

A lot can happen this weekend and, for Spurs, it could be the difference between a great season and a major disappointment.

However, whether they do or don't make the top four, Spurs must get moreoutoftheir attacking players such as Mousa Dembele next season - they can't keep on relying on Gareth Bale. The likes of Dembele, who has only scored one goalthis season,have not performed to the level they can.

They must also address their defence - they've conceded nine more than Arsenalthis season and we're always saying how fragile the Gunners' defence is.

However, they are things for Andre Villas-Boas to consider in the summer and his focus now will be on Sunday's decisive games at White Hart Lane and St James' Park.

I'm tipping Tottenham to win comfortably 3-0 but could rack up a real score. However, I think Arsenal will just edge a tight encounter with Newcastle 2-1 and seal a top-four finish.

I had to add some of this dribble in from Jamie red-father-always-getting-relegated-knap...

Spurs.....far superior?!?! Honestly Jamie I know its end of the season and there is a party an all...but lay of the drugs boy...you are becoming delusional....

I am going for an arsenal 3-1 win with spurs drawing 2-2 and Chelsea winning 3-0

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Andreas Wæhre Sat May 18, 2013 8:35 am

Michael Foster wrote:Tottenham and Chelsea have got a far superior squad to Arsenalwhenyoumatchthem up player for player, so a top-four finish will be a major achievement for Wenger and shows how good a manager he is.

Who wrote this? :O I know I`m not looking objective on this, but I think only Bale would be in the current Arsenal first choise elleven. maby dembele and walker, but thats is!

Fuck this guy!

Sunday will be pure torture though.. But hey, this is what makes fotball what it is!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat May 18, 2013 9:18 am

Andreas Wæhre wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Tottenham and Chelsea have got a far superior squad to Arsenalwhenyoumatchthem up player for player, so a top-four finish will be a major achievement for Wenger and shows how good a manager he is.

Who wrote this? :O I know I`m not looking objective on this, but I think only Bale would be in the current Arsenal first choise elleven. maby dembele and walker, but thats is!

Fuck this guy!

Sunday will be pure torture though.. But hey, this is what makes fotball what it is!

Jamie redknapp for sky sports gave us the privilege of that dribble....they maybe have at a push 5 players that would make our squad anybody thinks any different is on another planet......

I wonder if our players were not playing for us how many spurs fans would swap position for position for them...

I know quiet a few spurs fans who after all this crap with bale still say Walcott is better than him and he adds more to a game....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat May 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Fuck who wrote what. We need three points and we can shut them up. That said, I think Chelsea will win 4/5-0, Spurs will win and we will draw. I know you don't want a fan as pessimistic as me, but I'm not too comfortable going into this game. I hope I'm wrong.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat May 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Fuck who wrote what. We need three points and we can shut them up. That said, I think Chelsea will win 4/5-0, Spurs will win and we will draw. I know you don't want a fan as pessimistic as me, but I'm not too comfortable going into this game. I hope I'm wrong.

I know what your saying fella....I am absolutely bricking it and its still not match day yet...we need to get out smash in 2 goals as quickly as possible and do something we don't normally do and park the bus....just sit back and punt the ball upfield every time....fuck it let's take a stoke approach to it...steal the goals and soak up any pressure.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 am

Bricking it. And you just know that they won't do it the easy way and get an easy 3-0 win. Guarantee it'll be a draw at about 70 mins.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun May 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Steve Dawson wrote:Bricking it. And you just know that they won't do it the easy way and get an easy 3-0 win. Guarantee it'll be a draw at about 70 mins.

Hey...you're probably right.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Sun May 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Just a few hours left.. Still calm, but I expect that to turn into anxious pain in a some time.

Playing Poldi or Giroud up front has to be a hard decision. I doubt Wenger puts Poldi out left again and Giroud up front. Its one or the other, not both from start today. I would let Poldi start this one and bring on Giroud if needed.

Any news on Arteta?

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon May 20, 2013 12:56 am

Absolutely shitting myself.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 12:59 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:Absolutely shitting myself.

^This
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon May 20, 2013 1:04 am

A stat no one wants to read:
Orbinho ‏@Orbinho 33s

Arsenal have played against Newcastle on the final day of a Premier League campaign on two previous occasions and lost both.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon May 20, 2013 1:06 am

Arteta starts!!

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon May 20, 2013 1:07 am

Still not too confident about this game, Newcastle are not going to roll over for us.
Hope we smash them though !!

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon May 20, 2013 1:11 am

Michael Schatzky wrote:Arteta starts!!
Quite surprised to see him and Gibbs start today.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Michael Schatzky wrote:Arteta starts!!
Quite surprised to see him and Gibbs start today.
Yup, by all accounts Arteta was out. I'm glad Gibbs is starting ,he seems a bit more defensively sound than Monreal at the moment.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 am

well...this is it...good luck!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 am

Dirty cunt that tiote, he'll be out to injure our players today.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:08 am

Fuck, almost conceded.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon May 20, 2013 2:12 am

Shitting bricks.and we are not playing any great

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:14 am

Faaahk Kos you beaut! But wtf are we doing gifting them these opportunities.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:15 am

Faaahk Kos you beaut! But wtf are we doing gifting them these opportunities.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 am

Everton scored!! 1-1 in that game. we must win by 2 goals if it stays like that
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 20, 2013 2:20 am

this is not going well
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:23 am

Michael Foster wrote:this is not going well

Not at all, they're putting pressure on us anf attacking well. We're lacking spark up front.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 am

Arteta limping!!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down