Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland post match

+28
Amjadali09
Jonathan Prendergast
Jason Morrison
eyal.peer
Graham Edward Denton
Marko Maksimović
Elisabeth Studentschnig
ralph avedikian
Adham Khattab
John Foxall
Zaid Derweesh
Hisham El Mawan
Mario
tmysorewala
Stephen Mitchell
DaveToffy
Vijay Saibola
Vanig Bostanian
Siddharth Mehra
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Mohamed Samir
Durrell
Sami Rockfeller
Chris Chan
vyom.chaudhary
Michael Foster
Dan Hakim
Evan Mullins
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sunderland post match - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland post match

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 am

although Gibbs was on the bench today

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:26 am

We won without RVP scoring. Unusual. Very Happy
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:28 am

I was really impressed with Coq's offensive contribution vs. Blackburn at RB, so I'd like to see him there and Sagna at LB for Milan.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 am

Mohamed Samir wrote:We won without RVP scoring. Unusual. Very Happy
needs to happen more often

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:39 am

Henry made the talky-talky gesture at O’Neill on the sidelines??
missed it

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by tmysorewala Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:41 am

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/sunderland-1-arsenal-2-2/

Listen to how the guy describes our goals... what an idiot.

tmysorewala
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 am

I think we'll need Coq for DM if Song continues playing like how he did today.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 am

A few things:

1) What a huge win and what a great weekend of results so far! Everything from 12.45 to 5pm went our way. We need more weekends like this.

2) Fantastic spirit and resilience to pull out a win from not just 1-0 down, but 1-0 down from the 70th minute and on a shitty pitch in a game where we didn't create many chances.

3) Brilliant subs. Ramsey with a much needed goal, Arshavin with a wonderful assist and Henry with the perfect ending.

4) Henry has more league goals than Chamakh and Park combined this season. And he's scored 3 goals with 3 shots on target. Class, permanent etc

5) I'll admit something, though. I was watching Henry today, and last week and the Swansea game, and part of me was thinking how disappointing he looked. He needs to be played in and around the box but when he's out on the wing... yeah. But then he scores in the 90th minute two weeks in a row, one a winner and all is forgotten. Give Red Bulls a few million and keep him until May. Because going from him back to Chamakh and Park is a concern.

6) A good start to a very tough week. Now, Milan.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:5) I'll admit something, though. I was watching Henry today, and last week and the Swansea game, and part of me was thinking how disappointing he looked. He needs to be played in and around the box but when he's out on the wing... yeah. But then he scores in the 90th minute two weeks in a row, one a winner and all is forgotten. Give Red Bulls a few million and keep him until May. Because going from him back to Chamakh and Park is a concern.

Don't forget that Gervinho is coming back soon. Going from Henry to Gervinho isn't going to be that big of a drop in class.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 am

bendtnerb52 Nicklas Bendtner
Difficult for today, but got to support the team I am currently at.. Will always be Arsenal

Bendtner on twitter.i have a feeling he will be coming back to arsenal next year

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 am

Dan Hakim wrote:
Mario Leontiou wrote:5) I'll admit something, though. I was watching Henry today, and last week and the Swansea game, and part of me was thinking how disappointing he looked. He needs to be played in and around the box but when he's out on the wing... yeah. But then he scores in the 90th minute two weeks in a row, one a winner and all is forgotten. Give Red Bulls a few million and keep him until May. Because going from him back to Chamakh and Park is a concern.

Don't forget that Gervinho is coming back soon. Going from Henry to Gervinho isn't going to be that big of a drop in class.

True, but he hasn't been full of goals this season. Hopefully that changes when he comes back.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 am

The only frustrating thing today is Mertesacker's injury. It's a good thing we've got Sagna and Gibbs back and can move Vermaelen back to the middle but dammit, it's like one player comes back another just HAS to get injured immediately to fill the spot in the treatment room.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:15 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:The only frustrating thing today is Mertesacker's injury. It's a good thing we've got Sagna and Gibbs back and can move Vermaelen back to the middle but dammit, it's like one player comes back another just HAS to get injured immediately to fill the spot in the treatment room.

Well we don't want the physio's to get bored, do we?
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:The only frustrating thing today is Mertesacker's injury. It's a good thing we've got Sagna and Gibbs back and can move Vermaelen back to the middle but dammit, it's like one player comes back another just HAS to get injured immediately to fill the spot in the treatment room.

to be honest i think we wouldn't have won tonight without per's injury.ramsey scored literally from his first touch.
not that i m happy about per's injury

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 am

Dan Hakim wrote:

Well we don't want the physio's to get bored, do we?

God forbid our physios don't have anything to do hahaha

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 am

I may be silly and naive, but I feel that Sunderland goal was dirty. Mertesacker went down under no pressure and was clearly injured, and we had nobody really covering. They went up and scored, instead of putting the ball out. It felt a cheap goal, and I know 99/100 that happens, but it still felt cheap.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:08 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:I may be silly and naive, but I feel that Sunderland goal was dirty. Mertesacker went down under no pressure and was clearly injured, and we had nobody really covering. They went up and scored, instead of putting the ball out. It felt a cheap goal, and I know 99/100 that happens, but it still felt cheap.
might be.but i dont think you can blame sunderland players for that.i have seen many times arsenal carrying on their attack even if any opponent lay injured on the pitch.just that Mertesacker had quite a serious injury.
arsene's take on it..

on possibility of stopping play…
I thought about it during the game after they scored but you cannot demand that. You do not know if a guy has gone down through injury or because he slipped. It's just that in the action you cannot demand to stop.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:10 am

I don't know it's a tough one. When we continue play it's because we know they are faking it. Mert had no reason to go down when he did, but as is mentioned he could have slipped. Not too aggrieved about it that seeing as we won, but had we lost then maybe I would have felt like it was more of a cheap shot

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:11 am

Its a fair point, it just seemed he had it safe and under no pressure he suddenly goes down. I felt you have to assume it's genuine but I guess not.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 am

Dan Hakim wrote:

Just in terms of penalty-box know-how there is no comparison. Henry has been there are done it whereas Gervinho has never looked at ease in goalscoring situations. Not yet at least, hopefully he will improve.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:32 am

It happens to be that it was of no challenge to mert...if he had gone thru him and took the ball your looking at a 50/50 of the ball being put out of touch...I think most would have carried on under those circumstances....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:37 am

John Foxall wrote:
Dan Hakim wrote:

Just in terms of penalty-box know-how there is no comparison. Henry has been there are done it whereas Gervinho has never looked at ease in goalscoring situations. Not yet at least, hopefully he will improve.

I think we have been looking at gervinho as a bit of a saviour hoping he would come straight in and be banning in goals left right and center...given a little more time he will come good...he has been playing well in the ACN if he get on and even scores in the final expect more when he comes back...he prob has his head high for getting them into the final....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Adham Khattab Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:13 am

At first, it looked to me that McClean should not have continued playing. Then, looking at it again I thought he really had no time to look back and see whether Mertesacker had just tripped or was seriously injured. Remember that something similar happened with Terry vs RvP and I don't think many of us would have been happy had RvP just kicked the ball out. I think it's fine. Kicking it out would have been very classy but it does not make him dirty that he went on and had a shot.

Last edited by Adham Khattab on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Adham Khattab
Adham Khattab
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:37 am

I was insulting like a mad man when their goal went in. I think it's cheap. Arsenal players did that but not when they were going on a one one.

Oh I almost forgot : FUCK martin o'neil.. what a cunt

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 am

Ralph, when RVP scored against chavs and Terry fell over were you cursing? RVP did not look back once to see if Terry was injured. None of the Arsenal players indicated that Mert was injured (they didnt know whether it was a slip or injury either) this is football and Maclean didn't do a whole lot wrong.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next