Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland post match

+28
Amjadali09
Jonathan Prendergast
Jason Morrison
eyal.peer
Graham Edward Denton
Marko Maksimović
Elisabeth Studentschnig
ralph avedikian
Adham Khattab
John Foxall
Zaid Derweesh
Hisham El Mawan
Mario
tmysorewala
Stephen Mitchell
DaveToffy
Vijay Saibola
Vanig Bostanian
Siddharth Mehra
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Mohamed Samir
Durrell
Sami Rockfeller
Chris Chan
vyom.chaudhary
Michael Foster
Dan Hakim
Evan Mullins
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sunderland post match - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland post match

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:16 am

Terry was a certain slip, plus the pass was wrong initially and i don't think Terry would have got it anyway.
I watched today's incident again and again,it is really obvious Per was hurt.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 am

I dont think when it happened it was obvious. Our own players didnt even know or they would have made more of a meal of it when Sunderland scored.I had no idea what happened watching it, it happened so quickly. Really can't blame Mclean for it

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Studentschnig Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 am

let me tell you a story: i started suppoerting arsenal relatively late (end of 06/07) and never got to see henry play while he was still at the club. he's always been my favourite player- and as much as i hoped it would happen, i didn't think i would ever get the chance to see him in arsenal colours again. then he comes back on loan, and suddenly, my dream becomes reality. on a freezing day up in sunderland henry comes on, scores and celebrates the winning goal right in front of me. fairytale ending. and yes, that smile is still on my face. what a day that was!
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Elisabeth Studentschnig
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 am

Elisabeth Studentschnig wrote:let me tell you a story: i started suppoerting arsenal relatively late (end of 06/07) and never got to see henry play while he was still at the club. he's always been my favourite player- and as much as i hoped it would happen, i didn't think i would ever get the chance to see him in arsenal colours again. then he comes back on loan, and suddenly, my dream becomes reality. on a freezing day up in sunderland henry comes on, scores and celebrates the winning goal right in front of me. fairytale ending. and yes, that smile is still on my face. what a day that was!

Great story.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 pm

That's what football is all about. Absolutely ecstatic about the win. 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go after conceding such an unlucky goal was hard to swallow and could have made us keel over but the lads showed great spirit and character. Well deserved, hard fought win on a typical cold and shitty trip up North. I agree Mclean's not to blame for their goal. It happens in football, we didn't complain when Terry slipped. Henry would've done the same thing. It's instinct, not to mention it was not clear at all whether Mertesacker had slipped or hurt himself until it was too late. Great response though. Ramsey needed that goal, lucky but we'll all take it. Henry <3 It really is a fairytale ending. We all thought it was a morale signing but boy has he exceeded expectations. Absolutely love it, the passion, confidence and love he brings to this Club is second to none. Great instinctive finish from a true legend. I have to mention Arshavin... He's taken a lot of stick of late but credit to him, he's subbed on to create something out of nothing, one cross to van Persie, easy save, and the chap has the balls to try again, and the cheek to dink it perfectly on to Henry's boot. It's clear he still has something to offer. Well done. After today's results this was what the doctor ordered. The boys delivered. Top 4, a relief to be back in it. Never count the Arsenal out... Bring on Milan.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Edward Denton Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 pm

can't comment much as I was fighting a crap stream all game but a couple of points anyway. 1. Thierry is a demigod of sorts. 2. Really hope BFG hasn't done his ACL or pulled a calf *the way he went down who knows* 3. Will be exciting to see Verminator back at center 4. Ramsey hushes his critics again 5. AW got the subs right, he has been criticised before on this matter 6. Doyle finally joined twitter and can't stop talking about bumming old codgers in back alleys.

Also haven't seen much talk on Bac. Is he back to.his old self yet?
Graham Edward Denton
Graham Edward Denton
Youth Team

http://nuccachiropractic.wordpress.com/     has a good descrpiti

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Bac made one untypical mistake which could have cost us, but otherwise he was solid I believe. Still not 100% tho.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:19 pm

I can't believe you people are comparing the Mert's injury to the Terry incident. Terry fell flat on his face while trying to catch RVP in the run, Mertesacker fell clutching his leg when he was in possession of the ball. Not that I'm saying Mcclean is at fault for the goal but comparing this to what happened with Terry is hilarious.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Sami you've obviously forgotten the Terry incident. He got sent a pass and as he turned to try and control it he slipped and van Persie ran in to grab the ball and score. It's actually very similar to the BFG incident only our BFG fell in distress, not out of stupor.... Watch both incidents again.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Sami Rockfeller wrote:I can't believe you people are comparing the Mert's injury to the Terry incident. Terry fell flat on his face while trying to catch RVP in the run, Mertesacker fell clutching his leg when he was in possession of the ball. Not that I'm saying Mcclean is at fault for the goal but comparing this to what happened with Terry is hilarious.

100%

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Looks like the Ramsey goal curse has struck again, Whitney Houston was the victim this time.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:40 am

Henry ready to head back to New York...

p.twimg.com/Aldr8AOCIAEpRj6.jpg:small

http://pic.twitter.com/2m5kzvhr
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:44 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Looks like the Ramsey goal curse has struck again, Whitney Houston was the victim this time.

I just found about this curse five minutes ago. Four famous deaths, each one after an Aaron Ramsey goal...scary stuff.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:20 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Henry ready to head back to New York...

hahahaha
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Amjadali09 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 am

For me watching Rosicky playing for the whole 90minutes recently is more refreshing than anything...
Amjadali09
Amjadali09
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vijay Saibola Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:47 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Henry ready to head back to New York...

LMAO.. Good one!

Vijay Saibola
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Edward Denton Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:28 am

Terry slipped like an oaf in a spastic's wet dream and BFG takes a freak injury in a situation he would have dealt with bar his ligament failing him, not his talent. Terry can be blamed for one...and Lewin for the other? Very Happy

Last edited by Graham Edward Denton on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Graham Edward Denton
Graham Edward Denton
Youth Team

http://nuccachiropractic.wordpress.com/     has a good descrpiti

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 am

Any player on any team would've taken the ball to goal on like Mclean did, can't blame him for that at all. Great result for us - and what can you say?

Thierry. Fucking. Henry.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Elisabeth Studentschnig wrote:let me tell you a story: i started suppoerting arsenal relatively late (end of 06/07) and never got to see henry play while he was still at the club. he's always been my favourite player- and as much as i hoped it would happen, i didn't think i would ever get the chance to see him in arsenal colours again. then he comes back on loan, and suddenly, my dream becomes reality. on a freezing day up in sunderland henry comes on, scores and celebrates the winning goal right in front of me. fairytale ending. and yes, that smile is still on my face. what a day that was!

Top story, the magic of football!

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kique.canto Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 pm

kique.canto
kique.canto
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Nice one Elisabeth

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 am

Aaron Ramsey has revealed that a team meeting last week played a part in ensuring Arsenal took three points home from the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

Thierry Henry’s 91st minute goal completed a 15 minute comeback and the Welsh captain says that keeping going right until the final whistle was something they had discussed.

“We had a meeting last week about doing well for the rest of the season,” he told Arsenal Player, “and one of the points that came to us was to never give up in the game.

“That was the case against Sunderland, and we showed it against Aston Villa too. There was a great atmosphere in the dressing room after the game and everyone was enjoying it. We were 1-0 down with just over 10 minutes to go, so it was a great win for us.”

And while he was delighted to get on the scoresheet himself, Ramsey was equally happy for Thierry Henry who marked his last Premier League appearance for the club with that injury time winner.

“It was nice for me to get on the scoresheet as well as Thierry getting the winner. It’s been a fantastic period for him coming back to the Club he supports and has done so much for. It’s a great story for him so far.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/02/ramsey-reveals-team-meeting-boost/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+one+stop+Arsenal+news+site%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by nick koupparis Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:06 am

cheers
Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Just beautiful, I love it. Hope Mertesacker isn't as badly injured as some people are saying.

The 'pitch' was a disgrace. The result is even better considering we were playing in a swamp.

The BFG should pay the groundsman a visit next week if he's able grrrr!
nick koupparis
nick koupparis
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3