Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign Matches 2011/2012

+24
Aseem Bajpai
Richard Wallace
Steve Dawson
Michael Foster
Subrat Koirala
vyom.chaudhary
Siddharth Mehra
Vanig Bostanian
Vijay Saibola
ralph avedikian
Joey Schwab
Chris Chan
Mario
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Evan Mullins
ShravanVBhat
Christopher Flanagan
fkamil
Sami Rockfeller
Jason Morrison
Jenson Pais
Alex Hadjicharalampous
rschalala
Samritpal Singh
28 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Foreign Matches 2011/2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: Foreign Matches 2011/2012

Post by Chris Chan Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 am

Chelsea have half their first team out for the final

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 am

Chelsea is officialy the most luckiest team on the planet!! officially

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 am

who have they lost?

anybody feeling sorry for cesc>????

lol i am not!!! pmsl!!!!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 am

Cesc played absolute garbage today along with Messi.

Ivanovic, Terry, Mereiles and Ramires all out

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 am

cooorrr thats a huge list to be missing....

i think cesc has joind what he was thinking would be a revelation...

i also think real madrid have other ideas...

that move of his could become very unlucky...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 am

Amazing result and fully deserved. A man down, conceded a penalty, and they still scored two in the Nou Camp.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:45 am

Michael Foster wrote:who have they lost?

Haha, Fabregas, come to Barca they said, you'll win trophies they said...
So much for that. Not sure if they're still in their domestic cup but if not then Barca will be going trophiless this season...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:45 am

if the rest of europe followed this idea to beat barca...they will fall..

in a way they are like arsenal few ides to pluck from when the going gets tough...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 am

Jason Morrison wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:who have they lost?

Haha, Fabregas, come to Barca they said, you'll win trophies they said...
So much for that. Not sure if they're still in their domestic cup but if not then Barca will be going trophiless this season...

haha....

honestly thats what sprang to mind when i started laughing!!!!

a great big fall awaits the golden sphinter of fifa.....hahahahaha!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 am

i missed the barca pen...did messi try one of those chips into goal?
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 am

In the words of Fergie... Football. Bloody hell!

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:07 am

Barca play Bilbao in the Copa del Rey final. Every chance of losing it if they play like they did today

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:10 am

Michael Foster wrote:i missed the barca pen...did messi try one of those chips into goal?

No he blasted it against the bar.

Am I the only one pissed off that Chelsea won? I can't stand them. Today we have seen a victory for negative tactics because let's face it with our without ten men they played exactly the same for 180 minutes. 11/10 men behind the ball and on the edge of their own penalty box for 170 of those minutes and probably two of the worst football matches I've seen in terms of free flowing quality football. I understand that sometimes teams have to play that way to get results but I don't think I've ever seen a game of this magnitude ever played like that and I never want to again.

How many times over the years have we complained about teams playing against us the way Chelsea did both at Stamford bridge and tonight at the nou camp? I really hope bayern or Madrid absolutely rip chelsea apart in the final.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 am

Richard Wallace wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:i missed the barca pen...did messi try one of those chips into goal?

Am I the only one pissed off that Chelsea won? I can't stand them. Today we have seen a victory for negative tactics because let's face it with our without ten men they played exactly the same for 180 minutes. 11/10 men behind the ball and on the edge of their own penalty box for 170 of those minutes and probably two of the worst football matches I've seen in terms of free flowing quality football. I understand that sometimes teams have to play that way to get results but I don't think I've ever seen a game of this magnitude ever played like that and I never want to again.

How many times over the years have we complained about teams playing against us the way Chelsea did both at Stamford bridge and tonight at the nou camp? I really hope bayern or Madrid absolutely rip chelsea apart in the final.

People can complain all they want, but it's perfectly legitimate, so long as they don't cheat by kicking players off the pitch or something the way Stoke usually do. To be fair, I really don't think opponents have much of a choice anyway against Barcelona, it's not a matter of choosing to play negative football, it's a matter of Barcelona being so good that the opposition just can't get the ball off them and are forced to defend. Even more so if they're down to ten men.

I do want Chelsea to lose in the final, but that's more to ensure qualification for us rather than any dislike towards them. I don't mind them too much. I really dislike Barcelona though, it's about time they were brought down to earth.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:34 am

Chelsea played negatively but Barca weren't very creative either. The last few minutes were like the same highlight being repeated over and over again except of course for the goal scored ironically at the other end.
I'd also like to see Chelsea get ripped off in the final but don't see it coming if they play like they did against Barca over the course of the two legs.

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wallace Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:44 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:

People can complain all they want, but it's perfectly legitimate, so long as they don't cheat by kicking players off the pitch or something the way Stoke usually do. To be fair, I really don't think opponents have much of a choice anyway against Barcelona, it's not a matter of choosing to play negative football, it's a matter of Barcelona being so good that the opposition just can't get the ball off them and are forced to defend. Even more so if they're down to ten men.

I do want Chelsea to lose in the final, but that's more to ensure qualification for us rather than any dislike towards them. I don't mind them too much. I really dislike Barcelona though, it's about time they were brought down to earth.

Chelsea obviously got their gameplan spot on, there's no doubt about that but they were very lucky to get through. I think they only had three maybe four shots on target in the two legs. Barca hit the post as many times as chelsea hit the target.

I'm not entirely sure I agree that barca were 'so good that Chelsea were forced to defend'. It was a case of 'we'll park the bus and get our share of luck on the counter' from a Chelsea perspective.

Anyway here's to a Chelsea mauling in the final.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:56 am

Bayern/Real both are much clinical infront of goal than Barca RIGHT NOW. Chelsea will get thrashed in the final(given they don't get every bit of luck going their way again)
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:48 am

Richard Wallace wrote:

Don't pretend like we didn't play that way for 70 odd minutes at Emirates last season when we beat them. Inter beat them this way as well. Yeah it sucks when teams do it against us but the onus is on Barca/Arsenal to find a different game plan when teams park it.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am

DaveToffy wrote:
Richard Wallace wrote:

Don't pretend like we didn't play that way for 70 odd minutes at Emirates last season when we beat them. Inter beat them this way as well. Yeah it sucks when teams do it against us but the onus is on Barca/Arsenal to find a different game plan when teams park it.

I don't think we went out in that game v Barca looking to park the bus and defend. It's just that they put us on the back foot early on, and we struggled to keep possession.

That said, I don't have an issue with Chelsea winning. I would prefer both teams out there to play football. But it's a great story of a lesser team fighting hard in tough circumstances to get the result. I think it is another element of what makes football the most popular game in the world.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Chelsea are not as good as Barcelona, that much is obvious, but I can't understand this about them being a huge underdog and how this is fairytale stuff.

They had a 50 fucking million pound substitute come off the bench to score. They have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds on their squad over the years and just last night they had over 100 million pounds of players on the bench. Hope they get destroyed in the final, scumbag club.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:02 pm

I read this somewhere and felt it was spot on:
"Great result by Chelsea. But best performance in the Champions League? No. That will be when a team beats Barcelona by playing football."
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

http://soundcloud.com/yourfilm_mn/gary-neville-torres-reaction

Thebest thing about the match last night was Neville's reaction to the Torres goal haha that's a noise only his missus should hear.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Chelsea are not as good as Barcelona, that much is obvious, but I can't understand this about them being a huge underdog and how this is fairytale stuff.

They had a 50 fucking million pound substitute come off the bench to score. They have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds on their squad over the years and just last night they had over 100 million pounds of players on the bench. Hope they get destroyed in the final, scumbag club.

This, I agree very much.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:06 am

Subrat007 wrote:I read this somewhere and felt it was spot on:
"Great result by Chelsea. But best performance in the Champions League? No. That will be when a team beats Barcelona by playing football."

So were Chelsea playing hockey last night or something? The aim of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net more times than your opponent, it doesn't matter how you do it as long as it's within the rules of the game. Over 180 minutes of football Chelsea did it 3 times, Barcelona 2.

We really have to stop being so petty regarding this, some teams play in a different way to others, and if it brings them results then fair enough. The onus was on Barcelona to find a way to break Chelsea down, they couldn't, so tough. Why play them at their own game and lose?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Chelsea to win anything, I just feel that the way they played the game was perfectly legitimate, and if some people think it's boring or whatever, then they can choose not to watch it. It was an outstanding performance to go away to one of the best teams in the world, play with ten men for so long and still score two goals, draw with them and knock them out.

By the way, not having a go at you Subrat, I'm just tired of this argument. The same thing happens at the Emirates so much, and if Arsenal can't break Bolton down or whatever other team parks the bus then it's our own fault, not theirs for doing the best they can to get something out of the game.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
DaveToffy wrote:
Richard Wallace wrote:

I don't think we went out in that game v Barca looking to park the bus and defend. It's just that they put us on the back foot early on, and we struggled to keep possession.

That said, I don't have an issue with Chelsea winning. I would prefer both teams out there to play football. But it's a great story of a lesser team fighting hard in tough circumstances to get the result. I think it is another element of what makes football the most popular game in the world.
I respectfully disagree. I think our gameplan was pretty clear... stay disciplined & play compact, press the midfield, defend in numbers behind the ball. Nasri and Walcott started particularly deep for this purpose as we knew we couldn't match Barca's domination of possession early on (we had galantly tried that year before and were punished for it). Once they began tiring in the second half - Wenger knew they would and we are a better conditioned team - hit them quickly on the break (introduction of Arshavin for Song).

It works on the odd occasion against Barca and I have no problem with teams using this tactic to beat them.
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next