Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy St. Totteringham's day! / West Brom Post match

+13
Greg Waters
Mario
Zaid Derweesh
Durrell
ralph avedikian
nick t
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Schatzky
Assan Touray
Chris Chan
Cyril Karwa
Michael Foster
Jason Morrison
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy St. Totteringham's day! / West Brom Post match - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy St. Totteringham's day! / West Brom Post match

Post by Chris Chan Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:Today we celebrate! cheers Fantastic to finish third after the season we have had. I will happily admit I didn't think we could do it and would have bitten your hand off for 4th back in August and February but we kept digging away. Today's finish was so, so good. Arsenal on the laptop hooked up to a small TV next to the main TV with Man City on it, what a last few minutes!

Going forward, we need some changes. Some big ones, too. Something has to give if we are to move forward properly because quite frankly, a lot of what we have seen this season has not been good enough, including a lot today. But that can be saved for tomorrow.

Absolutely, today we celebrate, but tomorrow we need some serious questions answered particularly if we want a trophy next season

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy St. Totteringham's day! / West Brom Post match - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy St. Totteringham's day! / West Brom Post match

Post by Dan Hakim Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 am

Why is everyone saying that it would be funny if Chelsea win the CL and knock Spurs out? How is that funny? Having Chelsea win the CL, the BIGGEST trophy in Europe, before us, would be awful. Absolutely awful. Much worse than Spurs being in the CL qualifying rounds.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 am

I actually want Spurs to get through to the CL. Objectively, Chelsea hardly deserve it - either on their league form or their CL form. Beating Barca was an excellent result, but have they ever looked convincing? I hope Bayern do them.

Putting rivalry aside for a sec, Spurs looked like a very good team for much of the season. A team with gaping holes in depth, who will probably be worse next year. But nonetheless, they deserve CL football more than Chelsea, certainly.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Hakim Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 am

Also, it would be sweeter to have Abromovich (a man whose only goal is to win the CL) lose two finals despite how much money he's thrown at his team.
Dan Hakim
Dan Hakim
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mattrupp Mon May 14, 2012 11:27 am

Happy St. Totteringham's day!

and congratulations to whoever won the arsenal facebook fantasy premier league! (me)

mattrupp
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

All I got to say now is....if chelsea win and take 4th spot....lol roll on the champions league final!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon May 14, 2012 5:30 pm

It's a choice between two evils.

Either Chelsea win or Tottenham get into the champions league. Either Man City or Man Utd were going to win the league.

In French, the expression is to choose between the plague and Cholera - there is no good outcome. I'm not going to watch the CL final with any enthusiasm. Even if Bayern do win, it's just going to boost their ridiculous sense of self-importance despite being mediocre for years.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue May 15, 2012 5:57 am

Happy St. Totteringham's day! / West Brom Post match - Page 2 579370797

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2