Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Newcastle

+18
Jonathan Prendergast
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Dan Hakim
Yash
Hisham El Mawan
Michael Foster
Vanig Bostanian
Mike York
Zaid Derweesh
Steve Dawson
Evan Mullins
vyom.chaudhary
Mario
ralph avedikian
Sami Rockfeller
Sue Lee
Chris Chan
Jenks1981
22 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle Empty Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Jenks1981 Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Tres Early I know.

But i've been wondering on injury news from last night plus the multitude of players we have out elsewhere so people can start putting injury news here before the Newcastle games rolls around, we have a few days off before Newcastle then a big gap before Everton on the 21st so hopefully the squad wont be so thread bare before then, we must keep the momentum and attitude from the last 3 games going, its the stuff of champions, even though thats not going to happen, its still amazing to watch.

Love this club

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Newcastle Empty Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Chris Chan Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 pm

The fixture list has been kind to us for once. 6 days til Newcastle then 9 til Everton away. A lot of our squad are carrying niggles so this is a good chance to rest up and hopefully really push for 4th. We need to build on the last few weeks, we have shown some real resolve and we need to keep that going

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 pm

hopefully last night has shown them just what they can do if they really play with their hearts and they'll make a brilliant run in for the end of the season and we'll end up above those dirty filthy mouthy spurs Smile
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am

Yesterday was fun, showed how good we actually are but all that won't mean anything when we're up against Newcastle next week. A win is an absolute must. Don't think Spurs and Chelsea will drop points this week so it makes it all the more important.

We should have quite a few players returning for this fixture. Arteta will be fit and so will Benayoun. I heard it was just a dead leg with Walcott so he should be back as well. No news on AOC yet but fingers crossed for something positive, seeing both Chamakh and Park on the bench does not assure me one bit.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:Yesterday was fun, showed how good we actually are but all that won't mean anything when we're up against Newcastle next week. A win is an absolute must. Don't think Spurs and Chelsea will drop points this week so it makes it all the more important.

You don't think spurs and chelsea will drop points ?? Spurs are away to everton who are in very good form and chelsea at home to stoke.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 am

Repeating what others have said but yes it's a must win (isn't every game from now on in a 'must win'?) and last night did show that if we can keep up that form then we are a match for anyone. But performing how we did vs Spurs and Milan will be hard to replicate week in, week out. For one, the emotion of those matches can't be expected to be repeated due to the fact that those two matches were indeed quite special.

But we need a balance. We can't fall back the way we did at Anfield as, result aside, the performance was weak. Last night you could see players running on empty, some even before the hour mark. I thought RVP looked slightly slower in reaction and he may be due a sit down, so these extra days of rest in between matches will do him and others good.

I wonder, do we stay with the same team as last night even if Arteta/Ramsey return? With The Ox in the middle? I think he earned another start there. Rosicky was excellent again. I admit I had real doubts about whether he could ever sustain a run of form like this again, but the Spurs and Milan games he really stepped up. And in other games around them for the last how many games he has been 6.5/7 out of 10 in all of them so he's found something. But we need more performances like last night, more goals and more assists and he needs to keep it up for the rest of the season. We lack goals from the middle and hopefully he adds some, maybe 5 more this season just from him. Maybe he has the confidence in his body and now in his game to do so.

Also, if we beat Newcastle we could end any realistic hopes they have of finishing top 4. The less competition the better and after the last 3 results we've had against them, we really owe them and that horrible human being of a manager, Pardew.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 am

i think there is a very high chance of spurs dropping points this week.
And with chelsea...it will depend on which side of chelsea will turn out.
they have been horrible lately.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:43 am

Gervinho disappointed me last night (the only one) and maybe Benayoun deserves his place in the starting line up. Arteta will replace the Ox in the midfield, and the right wing position is up for grabs I think, probably the only place in the starting 11.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:45 am

ralph avedikian wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:Yesterday was fun, showed how good we actually are but all that won't mean anything when we're up against Newcastle next week. A win is an absolute must. Don't think Spurs and Chelsea will drop points this week so it makes it all the more important.

You don't think spurs and chelsea will drop points ?? Spurs are away to everton who are in very good form and chelsea at home to stoke.

If they do drop its a bonus. Whatever their results we should aim for a win.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4178466/Wojciech-Szczesny-Spurs-could-be-Europa-no-hopers.html

He is already a legend for me. The greatest part was when he said he didn't want to mention the other north london club's name. ARSENAL <3

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Mullins Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:17 am

Ba fit for this game?
Evan Mullins
Evan Mullins
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Dawson Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 am

ralph avedikian wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4178466/Wojciech-Szczesny-Spurs-could-be-Europa-no-hopers.html

He is already a legend for me. The greatest part was when he said he didn't want to mention the other north london club's name. ARSENAL <3

As much as I love Chezza, I wish he'd keep his trap shut. Yes, Spurs could be 'Europa no-hopers', but so could we. Still plenty of time for us to have a bad run of form. Concentrate on finishing in the top 4 first Woj, then you can brag all you want.

Steve Dawson
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:47 am

Sue Lee wrote:hopefully last night has shown them just what they can do if they really play with their hearts and they'll make a brilliant run in for the end of the season and we'll end up above those dirty filthy mouthy spurs Smile

Looking at their fixtures if we arent with them by the end of March I doubt they will slip up bar serious injuries after March is over, this month they have Chelsea and Everton which should be slippupable, its now or never for third in my eyes but after whats come before, 4th will do just fine this year for me in the end.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm happy with 4th, frankly, after what we've witnessed this season. But 3rd will guarantee direct entry into the CL, whereas we have that playoff if we finish 4th. It'd aid our preparation muchly if we were to finish 3rd. But again, I'll take 4th.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I'd be very happy with 4th after the start of our season. With Cesc going and a lot of new players coming in it took a while to find their feet but it seems they have now, so if we get fourth then it will be onwards and upwards.

But... I know a whole bunch of annoying, deluded Spurs fans and it'd be so good to pip them this season considering it is their best team for years and our worst.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Lee Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Mike York wrote:

But... I know a whole bunch of annoying, deluded Spurs fans and it'd be so good to pip them this season considering it is their best team for years and our worst.

haha me too, it would be amazing to shut them up!!
Sue Lee
Sue Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:22 am

We should tonk Newcastle. I know it's tough, but three disappointing results against them is not what I want. Besides, Newcastle have more wins against us in the League than we do against them, no? We should change that.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 am

Their form has stuttered of late, and ours has soared. We should win.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 am

I predict a 3-1 win. Hopefully 3-0 but with Ba, Cisse and Ameobi I can't see us not concede from a header.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 am

I am predicting 4-1 arsenal.....been very close with these games of late...so it will prob be 3-2 lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:34 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:

Lucky for us, Chelsea and Spurs both play on Saturday, so we won't have to guess whether or not they drop points before we play Newcastle.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:

Lucky for us, Chelsea and Spurs both play on Saturday, so we won't have to guess whether or not they drop points before we play Newcastle.

In such scenarios we have always come out worse when our opposition teams have already dropped points and we failed to capitalize on it.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:04 am

We have a great opportunity to catch Spurs on monday, Liverpool is no more a concern with their last defeat. Harry and his troop of wankers lost ! A win and we'll be just 1 single point behind them, they can already feel our breath on their neck. I really hope Ade and co won't finish in the top four. Come on Arsenal !!!

Yash
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 am

What a result again for us...10 points ya having a laugh!!!
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 am

If the game was must win a few days ago, I cant describe the importance of 3 points after today. We should be well rested and it looks like most of our squad is now available (FINALLY!).

-Arsenal are looking for a fifth successive Premier League victory.
-The Gunners have come from behind to win in each of their last three league matches. In total, they have come from behind to win five times in this season's top flight. No club in Premier League history has ever come from behind to win four consecutive matches.
-Arsenal have scored a stoppage-time goal in three of their last four league matches.
-Robin van Persie's 25 league goals this season include scoring in each of the club's last four home league matches (six goals).
Newcastle

Szczesny
Sagna Kos TV Gibbs
Song
Arteta Rosicky
Walcott RVP The Ox

Possibly Benayoun if he's fit just so we dont tinker with a winning side, but The Ox was so good against Milan he kind of deserves a shot. Im torn

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next