Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mesut Ozil

+12
Jenks1981
ArseHenry
John Foxall
deep.gurung
rea.nolan
Vanig Bostanian
Andreas Wæhre
Subrat Koirala
Jason Morrison
Marko Maksimović
Michael Foster
Jonathan Prendergast
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Mesut Ozil - Page 4 Empty Re: Mesut Ozil

Post by Subrat Koirala Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:26 am

pretty old article but just read it recently. very well written!

http://grantland.com/features/mesut-ozil-arsenal-far/
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 am

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, or getting dramatic, but I'm genuinely worried about his form and his mood in general.

I think he looks depressed! He is so far from looking a 42 million pound player its unreal, a luxury no top team can afford, just not enough hard work when we don't have the ball. Mourinho wouldn't wear it with Mata, im not sure where we go with Ozil I hope he plays out of this spell

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:40 am

Jenks1981 wrote:I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, or getting dramatic, but I'm genuinely worried about his form and his mood in general.

I think he looks depressed! He is so far from looking a 42 million pound player its unreal, a luxury no top team can afford, just not enough hard work when we don't have the ball. Mourinho wouldn't wear it with Mata, im not sure where we go with Ozil I hope he plays out of this spell

It is a worry indeed I also think this shows the gulf in player output of us compared to real Madrid.....oil has been playing some out of sorts formation for us and that is where the problem lays ....unfortunately to say he is a one position player...wenger needs to seriously address who he plays alongside ozil or intact changing the set up so that mesut plays only as he knows how...if not we are in danger of having signed a a bit of a dud for the squad.....still think a striker should have been a must...giroud is good dont get me wrong but ozil is used to a whole different caliber....

Last edited by Michael Foster on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bloody spell check)
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:44 am

Just to add I know its his first spell in the prem...the up and coming world cup could be the kick in the balls he needs.... He has to start realizing its a 42mil not price in his head....an assumption we get a fucking good player in return..

And right now....needs to take a page from flamini's book and read the chapter on 'fighting as one'
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:00 pm

its not as if he didn't deliver from the start, he looked like having settled into our system well initially. His form kind of dropped somewhere during the season and with every match the pressure is mounting on him. Still believe he needs one big game to get his form back..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 pm

How much better did we play without Ozil against Sunderland?

I think it may be a case of Cazorla and Ozil not playing well together. They are too similar, and both need runners and movement ahead of them to stretch the opposition defence, rather than the 2 of them coming to each other to get the ball.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aseem Bajpai Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:18 pm

that or may be ramsey's injury played a role as well, but its all speculation really, hope he can deliver soon to put an end to it..

Aseem Bajpai
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Seams we have lost ozil for a couple of weeks....judging recent performances no big a loss.....I say give ganbry a shout for a few games... Young got a lot to offer and as shown against Bayern afraid of no team...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 am

Michael Foster wrote:Seams we have lost ozil for a couple of weeks....judging recent performances no big a loss.....I say give ganbry a shout for a few games... Young got a lot to offer and as shown against Bayern afraid of no team...
You really can't be serious

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:44 am

Vanig Bostanian wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Seams we have lost ozil for a couple of weeks....judging recent performances no big a loss.....I say give ganbry a shout for a few games... Young got a lot to offer and as shown against Bayern afraid of no team...

Loosing Özil in this period of the season is nothing but a big loss! I know he has`nt had his best period, but he just got a few weeks off and looked fresh against Everton and ready for the last period of the season.
Hope he is back sooner that expected, we need our german!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 am

Surely not!!

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Andreas Wæhre wrote:
Vanig Bostanian wrote:

Loosing Özil in this period of the season is nothing but a big loss! I know he has`nt had his best period, but he just got a few weeks off and looked fresh against Everton and ready for the last period of the season.
Hope he is back sooner that expected, we need our german!

I was afraid he would suffer some kind of burn out and pick up some kind of injury....and just that has happened....
He needs time to rest and a player no mater how good is useless burnt out...one good match against Everton shows how poor he he has been for the good few rest....no matter how big a player is....burnt out and not putting in a show is no use for anyone.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:21 am

Arsenal are still unsure of the extent of midfielder Mesut Ozil's hamstring injury.

"He's out," manager Arsene Wenger told the club website. "I don't know for how long. There are scans going on."

Wenger added: "We have had to defer his comeback to full training so he is not available. He is having difficulties in the final stages of his rehab. It looks to be short term."
Kieran Gibbs will undergo a fitness test on Friday while fellow left-back Nacho Monreal also has a "good chance" of making a return.
Wenger revealed that Swedish midfielder Kim Kallstrom is in line for his debut, while striker Yaya Sanogo is available.
"Kallstrom joins the normal training group today and Sanogo too," he said.
"I will have to decide if Kallstrom is OK to be in the squad on Sunday. I will see how he looks. It is not impossible."

new news...

Arsenal will be without midfielder Mesut Ozil for at least four weeks after scans revealed he suffered a significant hamstring strain in Tuesday's Champions League exit at Bayern Munich.
The 25-year-old Germany international picked up the problem in the second minute of the 1-1 draw - which saw the Gunners lose 3-1 on aggregate - but he played on until being substituted at half-time.
Ozil will miss Arsenal's trip to Tottenham on Sunday, as well as games against Chelsea, Swansea, Manchester City and Everton.
He is also unlikely to feature in the FA Cup semi-final meeting with Wigan at Wembley on 12 April.

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:05 am

Michael Foster wrote:Arsenal are still unsure of the extent of midfielder Mesut Ozil's hamstring injury.

"He's out," manager Arsene Wenger told the club website.  "I don't know for how long. There are scans going on."

Wenger added: "We have had to defer his comeback to full training so he is not available. He is having difficulties in the final stages of his rehab. It looks to be short term."
Kieran Gibbs will undergo a fitness test on Friday while fellow left-back Nacho Monreal also has a "good chance" of making a return.
Wenger revealed that Swedish midfielder Kim Kallstrom is in line for his debut, while striker Yaya Sanogo is available.
"Kallstrom joins the normal training group today and Sanogo too," he said.
"I will have to decide if Kallstrom is OK to be in the squad on Sunday. I will see how he looks. It is not impossible."

new news...

Arsenal will be without midfielder Mesut Ozil for at least four weeks after scans revealed he suffered a significant hamstring strain in Tuesday's Champions League exit at Bayern Munich.
The 25-year-old Germany international picked up the problem in the second minute of the 1-1 draw - which saw the Gunners lose 3-1 on aggregate - but he played on until being substituted at half-time.
Ozil will miss Arsenal's trip to Tottenham on Sunday, as well as games against Chelsea, Swansea, Manchester City and Everton.
He is also unlikely to feature in the FA Cup semi-final meeting with Wigan at Wembley on 12 April.

FUCK
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum