Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal -Norwich

+9
Michael Foster
Steve Dawson
John Foxall
vyom.chaudhary
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Jason Morrison
Vanig Bostanian
Meshaal
Michael Schatzky
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arsenal -Norwich - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal -Norwich

Post by Hisham El Mawan Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 am

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:The past few seasons have been make or break for Wenger, as far as the fans are concerned, but the board think otherwise. We have had the same discussions the past few seasons. I agree with John that we should be more ambitious.

But we just had a thrilling win with 3 late goals! Why spoil the enjoyment with such negative posts in the match thread?

But seriously, what the fuck is up with the negativity here? We lose a game, Wenger isn't ambitious. We draw, this team is in a slump and everyone must be sold. We win a game BY SCORING THREE GOALS IN EIGHT MINUTES TO OVERTAKE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR ON THE GODDAMN TABLE, and it's still not good enough. Why can't we just enjoy the moment, for God's sake? I'm not saying to shut the fuck up, I'm just saying to give it a day or two.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:55 am

Exactly.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
Jonathan Prendergast wrote:The past few seasons have been make or break for Wenger, as far as the fans are concerned, but the board think otherwise. We have had the same discussions the past few seasons. I agree with John that we should be more ambitious.

But we just had a thrilling win with 3 late goals! Why spoil the enjoyment with such negative posts in the match thread?

But seriously, what the fuck is up with the negativity here? We lose a game, Wenger isn't ambitious. We draw, this team is in a slump and everyone must be sold. We win a game BY SCORING THREE GOALS IN EIGHT MINUTES TO OVERTAKE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR ON THE GODDAMN TABLE, and it's still not good enough. Why can't we just enjoy the moment, for God's sake? I'm not saying to shut the fuck up, I'm just saying to give it a day or two.

It's not a question of spoiling enjoyment or of negativity, I'm just consistent in my views and thinking about our situation in the grander scheme of things.

I was happy to see us win, but the original penalty that set us on our way was harsh.

My point more generally is why get excited about our season ending dash for a CL place when we can't take our form into the season after?

I'm glad you're not saying to shut the fuck up, because that would be rude. Fans have different views and life is more complex than saying you should follow the company line and not complain. I always want us to win, but the overall picture is too consistently one of underachievement over recent years.

In effect we use the CL qualification to support the financial stability of the club yet have no chance of winning the competition, choose not to take the FA cup seriously and are incapable of staying in touch with the leaders beyond the early stages of the league season. As a fan, I would much rather see us focus on the league than dream about improbable success in Europe. I disagree with the whole 'stable model' the club seems to have in place, it perpetuates mediocrity and we certainly won't learn how to improve and win with our lack of tactical discipline and maturity. The idea that fan negativity is purely based on reactions to individual matches is ridiculous.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 am

John Foxall wrote:
Hisham El Mawan wrote:

It's not a question of spoiling enjoyment or of negativity, I'm just consistent in my views and thinking about our situation in the grander scheme of things.

I was happy to see us win, but the original penalty that set us on our way was harsh.

My point more generally is why get excited about our season ending dash for a CL place when we can't take our form into the season after?

I'm glad you're not saying to shut the fuck up, because that would be rude. Fans have different views and life is more complex than saying you should follow the company line and not complain. I always want us to win, but the overall picture is too consistently one of underachievement over recent years.

In effect we use the CL qualification to support the financial stability of the club yet have no chance of winning the competition, choose not to take the FA cup seriously and are incapable of staying in touch with the leaders beyond the early stages of the league season. As a fan, I would much rather see us focus on the league than dream about improbable success in Europe. I disagree with the whole 'stable model' the club seems to have in place, it perpetuates mediocrity and we certainly won't learn how to improve and win with our lack of tactical discipline and maturity. The idea that fan negativity is purely based on reactions to individual matches is ridiculous.

Might've come off a little aggravated yesterday, and I do understand your frustration as well. Just don't like looking at the negatives so soon after such a huge win. Yes, we need to be more ambitious than simply a CL spot. Yes, we need to win some silverware. But I feel that if we can keep players like Arteta, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Chambo, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Koscielny (A.K.A. players who actually give a shit) and sign ourselves two or three more world-class players, we'll have the best shot we've had in years. John, you are totally right in what you were saying, I just felt it could've waited another day. And I still think we can do something under Wenger. I believe we finally have a team that will play for him. Just look at the Norwich game; the boys played their heart out until the final whistle, and they got the win. It's all a matter of maintaining that hunger and spirit over the summer, and I think it could happen this time around.

But once again, John, I apologize for my irritation. I believe your opinion is one to value and consider.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5