Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs QPR

+11
Hisham El Mawan
rea.nolan
Meshaal
Michael Schatzky
Alex Hadjicharalampous
yuval.b.nissan
smoreno
Michael Foster
ralph avedikian
Samritpal Singh
Dan Hakim
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal vs QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal vs QPR

Post by Samritpal Singh Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 am

Dan Hakim wrote:So, here's an interesting thing: Arsenal have conceded 6 goals in 9 games in the league, the fewest by any team.

That's right, folks, we have the best defense in the league.

Also, Arsenal have picked up just seven yellow cards in nine Premier League matches this season.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

We might as well be shipping 20 goals if we are converting hardly anything....

Looking at another team we faced that take nothing away from QPR they held us well. Until the foolish sending off...I know people will shout to the 'oh we should be hounding teams like this but the premiership and arsenal have moved on since then the only problem being is how little we have developed in that time,players leaving is just one thing to look at...
I would have thought that after all his time at arsenal Wenger would have found the ability to create a plan 'B' another way we have not pushed on from the good ol days...there just seams a lack of ideas within our play....for all the technical abaility we seam to be oozing none of it is coming to fruit...I hope that sooner rather than later we can get everybody fit and together for a good run just to help us find this play....

Or come Sunday evening after the united game next week it could be...god help us,

And which by the way I am not looking forward to one bit.....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 am

I don't think people have migrated, probably just couldn't be arsed to come onto a forum away from the usual social networks to discuss Arsenal.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:17 pm

ralph avedikian wrote:i know he is frustrating, but I still like him. He has bags of skills, maybe second in the squad behing Santi. I still want to see him play behind the striker before he leaves, even if it means no defensive work, at least against easy oppositions at home. Also, I am quite disappointed in Podolski, he has faded recently.

I think, as has been mentioned, Poldi's drop in output coincides with Santos moving into his positions. We've also seen Santi move out wide left a bit more since Santos has come into the team. It just changes how they play.

A great quote from Goodplaya.com:
"UP FRONT…
Your heart sinks frankly. It is not a comment so much on the quality of the players as the simple lack of them. That said, it is worth noting that for the first time in 21 years (ie since Ian Wright signed) we no longer possess a striker that genuinely excites."

Truth. Wright, Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie. Giroud and Poldi haven't filled those boots. January?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Zaid Derweesh wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:i know he is frustrating, but I still like him. He has bags of skills, maybe second in the squad behing Santi. I still want to see him play behind the striker before he leaves, even if it means no defensive work, at least against easy oppositions at home. Also, I am quite disappointed in Podolski, he has faded recently.

I think, as has been mentioned, Poldi's drop in output coincides with Santos moving into his positions. We've also seen Santi move out wide left a bit more since Santos has come into the team. It just changes how they play.

A great quote from Goodplaya.com:
"UP FRONT…
Your heart sinks frankly. It is not a comment so much on the quality of the players as the simple lack of them. That said, it is worth noting that for the first time in 21 years (ie since Ian Wright signed) we no longer possess a striker that genuinely excites."

Truth. Wright, Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie. Giroud and Poldi haven't filled those boots. January?

A new striker has to be signed come January......
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Especially since Gervinho is leaving for the ACON.

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4