Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Sunderlan (FA Cup)

+32
Richard Wallace
Yash
Elisabeth Studentschnig
FroddickGranson
Chris Chan
David Hogan
Durrell
vyom.chaudhary
John Foxall
Steve Dawson
Sami Rockfeller
ChippyBrady
Adham Khattab
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
Jenks1981
Alejandro Perreira
Stephen Mitchell
McCarthyofcourse!!
Vanig Bostanian
Zaid Derweesh
Mike York
Justin Chew
Michael Foster
ralph avedikian
Marko Maksimović
Assan Touray
Mario
janelle.noel
jason.mandryk
Alex Hadjicharalampous
JavierVen
36 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Sunderlan (FA Cup) - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Sunderlan (FA Cup)

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
McCarthyofcourse!! wrote:such a sorry decline and Wenger you deluded ideology of the game and what we need and dont need is again to blame ... please fuck off somewhere else and let this club get back to being the competitive team we once were

Appalling.....

Utter nonsense. This "ideology" has got us Champions League football for 13 consecutive seasons, has won us the league 3 times, the FA Cup 4 times, a UEFA cup final and Champions League final. it has also made us one of the 5 or so biggest teams in the world. But yeah, sure. I'd trade that for our mid-table mediocrity of the mid-1990s in a heartbeat.

Oh Im sorry are we Liverpool fans now ? going to live in the past ? romanticise about our previous success and lets not forget 'the good old days' ... what rubbish. Look to the future ! Wenger isnt the manager to take us forward.... we need a change ... he has lost his touch. The game has moved on , Wenger hasnt we need to get with the times and adapt !!
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
McCarthyofcourse!! wrote:such a sorry decline and Wenger you deluded ideology of the game and what we need and dont need is again to blame ... please fuck off somewhere else and let this club get back to being the competitive team we once were

Appalling.....

Utter nonsense. This "ideology" has got us Champions League football for 13 consecutive seasons, has won us the league 3 times, the FA Cup 4 times, a UEFA cup final and Champions League final. it has also made us one of the 5 or so biggest teams in the world. But yeah, sure. I'd trade that for our mid-table mediocrity of the mid-1990s in a heartbeat.

It's been seven years since this ideology has produced any kind of trophy and there's no denying the fact that we have been steadily regressing over the past 4-5 years. Looking at our remaining fixtures it wouldn't surprise me if we finished 7th rather than 4th, which is as close to the mediocrity you mention as we've ever been under Wenger.

It's all very worrying.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:43 am

McCarthy McCarthy, the same retard... Just jog on mate... You're bullshit isn't welcome. In fact everyone who yells the Wenger out chant is a short sighted muppet. He's the right man to take us forward. A lot of things haven't gone his was this year but seriously. Last night was all down to the players. They needed that to boot them up the arses... All of them, from Szceszny to Theo, they all need to pull their thumbs out their arses and play their hearts out for the AFC... Then the fans will respect them and scream their lungs out for them... Utter bullshit. I want the best possible side out against sunderland. Fuck them. Show them who the Arsenal are. Bounce back for a change...
Szceszny Sagna Djourou (Maybe Miquel) TV Gibbs Song (needs a wake up, It's him or Coq) Arteta Rosicky OX RvP Arshavin.... Gervinho benayoun park chamakhmabitchup all on the bench.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:46 am

MarkoMaksimovic wrote:In fact everyone who yells the Wenger out chant is a short sighted muppet.

Well, maybe the Wenger out 'chant' is idiotic, but having the opinion that Wenger has taken us as far as he can and that we need a change in management seems quite reasonable to me these days.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by McCarthyofcourse!! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 am

''McCarthy McCarthy, the same retard... Just jog on mate... ''

HAHA im sorry Mario but where are you from ? lol where ever it is Im sure they dont say ''jog on''

come on dude lets not pretend your from London ... whats next are you going to tell me Im having a ''giraffe''

LMFAO
McCarthyofcourse!!
McCarthyofcourse!!
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 am

Na mate you're simply an idiot. At least get my name right... And yeah, where I come from jog on is the polite way of saying fuck off.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:01 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:
MarkoMaksimovic wrote:In fact everyone who yells the Wenger out chant is a short sighted muppet.

Well, maybe the Wenger out 'chant' is idiotic, but having the opinion that Wenger has taken us as far as he can and that we need a change in management seems quite reasonable to me these days.

Even if one accepts that Wenger isn't the right man for the job (I still think he is), then who are the realistic options to replace him? I can't think of a single manager with a proven track record managing at this level who we would have a chance of getting and would improve on who we have already.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:08 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:
Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:

Even if one accepts that Wenger isn't the right man for the job (I still think he is), then who are the realistic options to replace him? I can't think of a single manager with a proven track record managing at this level who we would have a chance of getting and would improve on who we have already.

Laurent Blanc, Guardiola if he doesn't renew at Barcelona, Hiddink, Joachim Low.. etc. There are some decent managers out there, with decent records. Even if my suggestions aren't good enough, or available, we don't necessarily have to go for someone proven. Sometimes you have to take a punt with a manager who doesn't seem right at first but who can grow into the role. Who had even heard of Wenger before he took over at Arsenal?

If there isn't anyone who can improve us then all that means is that we have to accept the current mediocrity, hardly an inspiring prospect, but there's no point changing manager if we can't find someone better and suitable.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 am

yes, every thread is now a who to replace wenger with thread!

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:49 am

Alejandro Perreira wrote:yes, every thread is now a who to replace wenger with thread!

That's my fault. Embarassed
I'm not even sure if it's the right thing for us, I'm just entertaining the possibility.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:06 am

Would very much like to see a reaction from the team in this match.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:09 am

Don't think we want every thread to turn out like that (about replacing Wenger), but the question must be asked. There's a chance we will be getting a new manager this summer. At least, the possibility of it now is much higher than at any point in the last 15 years.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 am

I speak out to play with Coquelin, why as well understood with walcott and contributes to the attack.

Btw: Park? No, we need to rvp gentlemen FA is the only way to overcome this dreadful season.
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:29 am

Djourou at the back is a disaster waiting to happen, wouldn't mind seeing Song there and Coquelin as a DM.

Sagna Song Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Coquelin Rosicky
Arshavin RVP The ox
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 am

Mohamed Samir wrote:Djourou at the back is a disaster waiting to happen, wouldn't mind seeing Song there and Coquelin as a DM.

Sagna Song Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Coquelin Rosicky
Arshavin RVP The ox

I couldn't agree more Djourou is not someone i'd be happy to see start either.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:13 am

Well since our boys cost me £20 quid on a bet last night they owe me....
£10 on us to win 3-1

Knowing my/our luck will prob lose this too
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Michael Foster wrote:Well since our boys cost me £20 quid on a bet last night they owe me....
£10 on us to win 3-1

I have to ask you a question here, and let me know if I'm out of line... But how do you bet on the Arsenal? I know loads of people place bets for the club they support but I dunno... sort of taints it for me. Like I feel as if I'd spoil it... So you just bet, win is a win, if you lose you lose money and that's it. Same fan as before?
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Sunderland’s Phil Bardsley admits Stadium of Light pitch is in poor state before Arsenal FA Cup tie.

PHIL Bardsley says Sunderland will have to beat their crumbling pitch this weekend, as well as wounded Champions League opponents Arsenal.

Both Martin O’Neill and Arsene Wenger made reference to the poor state of the pitch at the Stadium of Light when the two teams met in the league last Saturday.

And as someone who has played on the deteriorating surface over the course of the winter, Bardsley can only echo their concerns.

“The pitch is not the best at the moment,” the Sunderland full-back conceded.

“In fact, it’s probably the worst in the league, but, that said, we are trying to adapt to it and use it to our advantage because we are used to it.

“I can’t see too many top teams coming here and playing football on it.

“For the last three or four games, the pitch has been terrible. I think everybody knows that.

“But we’ll adapt to it, get on with it – that’s what we’re all about.

“We’re professionals and we go about it in the right way and try to play as much football as possible on it.”

Sunderland will have the pitch relaid over the close season, once the summer concerts – Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruce Springsteen – are played out.

In the meantime, the club will hope that the three-week break which follows this Saturday teatime’s FA Cup visit of the Gunners, before Liverpool are next guests at the Stadium of Light, will help the surface improve.

Bardsley has been among the most vocal players in praising the effect O’Neill has had since his arrival at the club at the end of 2011.

And he hopes the managerial maestro’s magic will continue to rub off in the cup when Arsenal come to Wearside for the second time in a week, this Saturday.

“The mentality to do well in the cups was always there under previous managers – we just fell short,” said the former Manchester United defender.

“We want to go a long way in this competition, the manager drills that into us.

“But we’re hard to beat at the minute, we look organised and hopefully we can keep that run going – it would be great to the final of the FA Cup.

“It’s all about bringing a bit of belief back.

“Under the last manager, we’d lost a bit of that, the results didn’t exactly breed confidence but now the results are good, everybody’s singing from the same hymn sheet.”

Here we go again, fuckin cunts. Mad
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Is this the new tactic for teams who face Arsenal now? Make sure your pitch is shite?
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:34 am

on Gervinho…
He is back in the squad. From the other night, we have lost Koscielny. Everyone else is available for selection.

on Laurent Koscielny’s knee problem...
He had a scan yesterday and the news is quite good. He will be out for hopefully around a week. He will miss the Sunderland game. But he should be back for next week.

on Per Mertesacker’s ankle problem...
Unfortunately he has had surgery and we have lost him for a while. How long I don’t know. He had reconstruction of his ligaments. So it will be long term.

on Kieran Gibbs’ return...
He played his first game in four months in Milan. So of course it was a shock to go back to that level. But physically, he is alright.

on Carl Jenkinson...
He is back in full training on Monday. That is good news for us.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:10 am

Mertesacker's surgery ...

I think this understanding that we lost for the rest of the season.
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:11 am

Cool, Jenkinson is back. Hopefully we don't need him, but that's good news. Only Santos left... and now Merty Mert. And it sounds like he's out for the season. So, lineup:

Chesney
Sagna - Djourou - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Song - Arteta - Rosicky (if fit)
Ox - RVP - Gervinho

I'll be extremely happy with a draw. It may mean an extra game, but a) we're out of the CL, b) the return would be on our pitch.

Is Bartley recallable? Or does it not work like that in real life?

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:18 am

It bothers me incredibly the issue of the fields, not so much that you can not play well if not for injuries to players

Per
Kos

I hope no one else
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JavierVen Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:23 am

@Zaid

Chesney
Sagna - Djourou - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Song - Arteta - Rosicky (if fit)
Ox - RVP - Gervinho

I like but I prefer to ramsey, would give an opportunity and would give rest to rosicky
JavierVen
JavierVen
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:55 am

MarkoMaksimovic wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Well since our boys cost me £20 quid on a bet last night they owe me....
£10 on us to win 3-1

I have to ask you a question here, and let me know if I'm out of line... But how do you bet on the Arsenal? I know loads of people place bets for the club they support but I dunno... sort of taints it for me. Like I feel as if I'd spoil it... So you just bet, win is a win, if you lose you lose money and that's it. Same fan as before?

The way I see it a bet is a bet....
if we win,bonus
If we win and a bet comes in,bigger bonus
If a bet looks to be going my way it adds to the match but not much

If we lose...and I lose my bet...well we lost so I am already pissed off,bet won't change it so on to the next Smile
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next