Ryo Miyachi to Bolton - loan

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ryo Miyachi to Bolton - loan

Post by Mike York on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 pm

If you're actively searching for help with how to impress a new employer, look no further than Ryo Miyaichi.

Just one month removed from making his loan switch to Bolton Wanderers, which runs until the end of this season, Miyaichi has already received a "Player of the Month" honor, voted on by the club's fans.

It's just the latest chapter in what is fast becoming an enthralling narrative for the 19-year-old winger, who officially joined Arsenal in December 2010.

Miyaichi appeared four times for Bolton in February—three of those came in league play (two starts, one substitute appearance), one in the FA Cup.

It was in that Cup match that the winger scored a sensational goal against Millwall, which would prove the decisive strike in a 1-0 fifth-round win.

There was an element of Thierry Henry's graceful control and composure in that particular strike, but Bolton fans have apparently taken to calling Miyaichi "Ryodinho" (not the first time he's earned that nickname), a wonderful compliment to the Japanese winger's dexterous skill with the ball at his feet.

The teenager has capitalized upon this stirring run of form, earning a call-up to the Japanese national team for their World Cup qualifier against Uzbekistan last week, a match in which Miyaichi was an unused substitute in a 1-0 loss.

The youngster took that defeat rather painfully, and was upset he did not get the chance to make an impact on the proceedings.

"I wanted to play today," Miyaichi said following the match. "We (Japan) didn't take a lot of shots, so I think the match was a little disappointing."

There is no chagrin for Miyaichi in England, however, where he's said he's "happy" with the opportunity to play in the Premier League and live alone.

His latest appearance for Bolton was a 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at Etihad Stadium, but that setback is not in any way indicative of Miyaichi's irrepressible development.

Miyaichi played the whole game against City, the second consecutive league match in which he's gone the distance for Bolton.

After firing two shots (neither of which was on goal) against Chelsea on Feb. 25, Miyaichi again contributed two shots against City, only this time, both strikes were on target.

The youngster has been tipped to star in the Premier League, and Arsene Wenger has been immensely pleased with the winger's rapid progress, which is all the more impressive considering Miyaichi had not played professional football before his loan stint with Feyenoord last season.

Before joining the Eredivisie side, Miyaichi had only played for his high school team in Japan. But Wenger saw enough from a short trial spell with Arsenal in the 2010 summer to sign Miyaichi to a long-term deal.

As ESPN Soccernet's John Duerden rightly pointed out, not too many Japanese players have found success in the Premier League (Gunners fans will remember Junichi Inamoto's forgettable stint with the club), but Miyaichi's technical quality and searing pace have already made an impression at Bolton.

If he keeps this up, there's no reason why he can't be an exception to that rule.

Wenger is certainly confident of the youngster's potential to make an impact in the Premiership. "Ryo has natural technical ability," Wenger said. "He has good balance and phenomenal pace, and his passing and crossing is consistently of a high quality."

No stranger to playing talented youngsters on loan from the league's top sides, Bolton manager Owen Coyle—who has coached Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge in the past two seasons—likes what he's seen from Miyaichi so far.

“He is a young player that continues to get better and we are trying to bring him on in the right way," Coyle said. "We are giving him the platform for him to realise how far he wants to go in the game.

"He comes on with freshness, enthusiasm, pace, quality. He has a real desire to push himself on and I love working with that type of young player. Because of how well Ryo has played for us, he has emerged to be in the national squad.”

Coyle is spot on in his assessment. If Miyaichi keeps up his current production, regular inclusion with the Japanese national team won't be the only significant promotion on his docket. A spot in the Arsenal first team is quickly passing from the realm of probability to certainty.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1092132-arsenal-loan-watch-ryo-miyaichi-named-boltons-february-player-of-the-month

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 am

Great read Mike, thanks.

It may be best for him to stay out on loan next season as well but we will see, with Chamberlain developing and a hopefull impending arrival in Podolski his chances with us would still be marginal next season, I hope Bolton stay up and he plays a part in that, and then that we officially turn them into our feeder club, because in fairness Coyle does bring on youngsters well.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 am

Ryo with a nice assist today for Bolton's important winner.

eyal.peer
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 am

link for ryo's assist:
http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.in/2012/03/video-klasnic-goal-vs-qpr-massive-goal.html

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:17 am

MotM performance

Ryo Miyaichi's influence key v #QPR: 91% pass accuracy, 11 crosses, 7 key passes, 2 dribbles, 1 long ball, 1 interception, 1 assist.

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:33 am

Lovely bit of play from ryo....he is coming on heaps at Bolton....may his development continue to rise...we look like we have a new bunch of youngsters that are cutting it...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesley Wang on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 pm

I watched a youtube video of his performance against QPR. He seems like a frustrating player to be honest and I was surprised that he was named MOTM. He tries to take on his man too often and it can be quite predictable after a while, and his passing isn't anything to write home about either. He's frighteningly quick, though, and uses his speed better than Walcott does in my opinion.

I'd love for him to succeed at Arsenal, but I think he needs another loan spell after this season to be good enough to challenge for a spot here (unless he does a Wilshere and become amazing right after his loan).

Wesley Wang
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:48 pm

I was surprised he was MOTM, too. Problem was that the quality of the match was just dreadful. Two rubbish teams with a set of players who didn't know how to control and pass a football.

Even at his age and limited experience, Ryo was arguably the most technical player on the pitch and maybe he stood out because of that. Well, he did. But he did go on a few blind runs, losing the ball easily and he wasn't involved regularly so it wasn't as if he was a constant threat. He was efficient though when he did get the ball, making the difference with the assist.

Before the assist he was 6/10, the assist gives him a 7/10.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 pm

It is easy to forget he has been playing professional football less than 2 years. Has plenty to learn but has been on a steep progression curve since he has joined us. Played an important role in helping a struggling Feyernood side out of relegation and now hopefully doing the same with Bolton. Let's see where we are at with him after pre-season

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 am

It's telling that he is playing 90 minutes and more experienced players like Martin Petrov are being subbed off before him. He seems to be developing very well and Coyle seems to know how to develop precocious talent, but as you say let's see where we are after pre-season and not burden him with too much pressure.

A good goal and nice assist is a good start but playing for Bolton for 6 months is completely different to playing for Arsenal where expectations will be a lot higher. He's on the right path, though. Exciting talent.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:30 am

A large part will do with how many injuries/tired players we have back from the Euro's/pre season. We may keep him til January again and then loan him out because assuming we get Podolski, he won't have many opportunities to play

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 am

Hopefully, The Ox, and Jack don't go to the Euro's along with Gervinho, Arteta, Santos, and Songinho that's a good number of players/starters not going to the Euro's. Miyaichi should stay until January. Arshavin will most probably be gone and I don't think we will re-sign Benayoun. If he is a surplus to the requirements or isn't mature enough (a la Frimpong), we can loan him in January.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 am

Though Bolton and Arsenal didn’t have the best of relationships during the Sam Allardyce era things have only gotten better in his absence. Particularly since Owen Coyle took over and adopted a more positive style of football with an attacking emphasis. Bolton are arguably now the Premier League side who make the best use of the loan system and this has proved beneficial for both them and for Arsenal.

Just consider what a great footballing education Jack Wilshere got during his time at The Reebok. As trite as it may sound, he went away a boy and came back a man. They somehow manage to toughen up players whilst honing their natural talents. I think it’s fair to say that he wouldn’t be the player he is today without his stay with Bolton.

Now Ryo Miyaichi is making waves up North. Speaking after Bolton’s win over QPR Owen Coyle was clearly very happy with the Japanese starlet’s performance: “We scored a terrific goal, great individual skill from Ryo Miyaichi and then Klasnic goes in one on one with the goalkeeper and it’s an outstanding finish… I thought (Ryo) was terrific again.”

I think it’s fair to say things are going well and that both fans have been satisfied by the agreement between the two clubs. Speaking as a fan myself I’d be keen to keep the arrangement ticking over next season and hope that another deal could be sorted between Wenger and Coyle.

So who are the potential candidates for an Arsenal loan move next season and who would fit in best at Bolton?

It strikes me that there is a surplus of young midfield talent at the Emirates, all of which have the potential to make it in the Premier League.

First up there’s the jewel of the England U21 team, Henri Lansbury. He’s a 21-year-old box-to-box midfielder with a great engine and a pretty decent shot on him (see his most recent effort for the National side). The trouble is he’s now been loaned out four years in a row and may fancy a permanent move elsewhere rather than yet another temporary move.

Then there’s Oguzhan Ozyakyp the 19-year-old standout in Arsenal’s reserve side. He can play as a central midfielder or even push further up the pitch. He’s got great vision and can pick out a pass, something that hasn’t gone unnoticed by Arsene Wenger who has begun to introduce him into the first team this season.

The two best options, however, are surely the defensive midfield duo Emmanuel Frimpong and Francis Coquelin . Frimpong is strong, passionate and tenacious. He’s the kind of player who you want to have on your side during a relegation scrap because he’s capable of dragging teams over the finishing line.

Coquelin combines a scrappy, tough demeanour with neat passing and nearly ceaseless energy. If he hadn’t picked up an injury we’d have seen a lot more of him this season. I think both players could be of a benefit to Bolton.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2012/03/blogs/after-the-success-of-ryo-and-wilshere-who-should-arsenal-send-to-bolton-next

Was going to start a new thread but may as well put it here. Assuming this relationship continues between the two clubs, which player or even two players would you like to see sent to Bolton next year to work with Coyle?

Alot depends on who we buy in the summer. The article talks about our pool of midfield talent and off the top of my head I'd like to see Lansbury given a chance, he is Arsenal through and through and does well for England U21 and could be a very handy and versatile squad member, but I could see Coquelin and Frimpong also improving under Coyle.

Miquel or Bartley are other options who could flourish there. Possibly even Ryo back there for more experience. I'd mention Ozyakup or Aneke though I have not really seen enough to know whether a Championship or Premiership loan would be best.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 am

A lot depends on Bolton staying up, them going down would do us no good and I think Le Coq is good enough to serve as back up to the first team, and he has already served his loan term.

Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:A lot depends on Bolton staying up.

Yeah that's very true, kind of forgot about that Embarassed I am confident they will though. Wigan and Wolves are down in my opinion, and one from QPR or Blackburn will join them.

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 am

Mike York wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:A lot depends on Bolton staying up.

Yeah that's very true, kind of forgot about that Embarassed I am confident they will though. Wigan and Wolves are down in my opinion, and one from QPR or Blackburn will join them.

QPR will go down, they will get maybe 4 points from their last 10 games

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 am

I'd like to see one of our strikers and even Ryo once again over there. None of our backup DM's should go. Everytme Song goes down these days, my heart skips a beat.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Bennett on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 am

Van Roy Bostanian wrote:I really can't wait to see him. Hope he doesn't disappoint.

Yeah ive been really excited about him too - can't wait to see him play for us.

Mark Bennett
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Arsenal starlet Ryp Miyaichi was kind enough to do a question and answer session with Bolton’s official Twitter account on Thursday.

Miyaichi is one of the most exciting youngsters at Arsenal and many have high hopes for the Japanese 19-year-old. He is currently on loan at Bolton and getting plenty of playing time, and was named MOTM for their last Premier League game.

Taking time out of his busy schedule, Miyaichi took questions from the public in a session dubbed #AskRyo. You can see the full transcript below, but a few key things Ryo revealed are that Cristiano Ronaldo is his favourite player, he would love to play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, he praised Robin van Persie and also admitted he sometimes finds it difficult being away from his friends and family.

Here is the full Q & A Ryo did with @officialBWFC:

Q: How did u find the media attention back home, when u were selected for the national squad last month? #askryo

RM: “I felt very nice because to be in the full national team was my dream. I was happy because the game and training was in my home town.”

Q:Who’s your best friend at Arsenal? #askryo

RM: “Arsenal is an amazing club. Since I signed for them everybody helps me lots. The manager is very good to me and gives me advise.”

Q: Hi, Ryo! How’s your English going? Do you miss Japanese food in the UK? Hope to see your first English interview soon! #askryo

RM: “My English is getting all the time. It’s hard to learn but I try my best and am now able to talk to my team-mates properly. I miss Japanese food a lot. I can buy some from London and Manchester centre. When I went to Japan I brought some back with me.”

Q: #askryo Who’s your favourite player ever?

RM: “My favourite player ever is Cristiano Ronaldo because he can score goals, dribble, head the ball. He’s a world class player.”

Q: #askryo Are you good friends with Chungy?

RM: “Chungy is my best friend in Bolton. He takes care of me a lot and we eat food and go shopping together. He’s a very very good guy.”

Q: #askryo :what is your favourite comic? One piece?Naruto?

RM: “My favourite comic is both One Piece and Naruto. I always read them from when I was 12-years-old.”

Q: #askryo What do you think of Robin van Persie? From “Ryo(19yeasold)” to “Ryo Miyaichi”

RM: “He is unbelievable. Inside the pitch you can see his quality. Even outside the pitch he is brilliant. He used to play for Feyenoord, so we talk about our time there. About Rotterdam and the club. He wished me luck at Bolton when I signed here.”

Q: I follow every #SamuraiBlue game, and I rly want you to be on the plane to Brazil in ’14. Do you ever think about it? #askryo

RM: “Of course I want to play in the World Cup in Brazil. I think about it all the time. It was a dream since I was small.”

Q: Where do you have your haircut in Bolton? Is there any good place? #askryo

RM: “I haven’t had my hair cut since I signed for Bolton! Please tell me somewhere nice!”

Q: if I moved away from home to play football I’d miss my friends and family, do you feel the same? #askryo

RM: “I feel the same and miss my family and friends. Sometimes it’s hard, but every player helps me to feel happy so I enjoy every day.”

Q:#askryo how is Owen Coyle? Has already made Wilshere and Sturridge into top quality players ! What’s his secret ..lol..

RM: “The manager at Bolton is a very good person. He always helps me. He always enjoys his football.”

Q: Do you play video games? What is your favourite video game? #askryo

RM: “I sometimes play Winning Eleven on the PS2 with Chungy at his house. He always beats me!”

Q: Hidetoshi Nakata once graced the Reebok. Was he an influence on you & do you feel pressure to be better than him?

RM: “When I was small he was the biggest football player in Japan. He still is now! He was my hero because he was captain of Japan.”

http://football-talk.co.uk/60838/ryo-miyaichi-twitter-qa-star-admits-to-difficulties-with-life-away-from-family/

Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Bolton winger Ryo Miyaichi – on loan from Arsenal – has the talent to topple their arch rivals Tottenham

It would be a cruel twist of fate if Tottenham’s season, shunted onto the slippery slope by Arsenal last month, was to be taken to the brink of implosion by one of Arsène Wenger’s emerging youngsters in the FA Cup at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

By Mark Ogden

Little has gone right for Tottenham Hotspur since a 2-0 lead at the Emirates resulted in a 5-2 defeat three weeks ago and now, with a Wembley semi-final on the horizon should they defeat Bolton this afternoon, they must nullify the threat of a winger, on loan at the Reebok from Arsenal, whose pace makes Gareth Bale resemble a lorry climbing up a hill.

Ryo Miyaichi recently clocked a time of 10.6 seconds over 100 metres, but while Theo Walcott has been accused of failing to ally his pace with a sense of football awareness, Bolton’s Japanese teenager appears to be developing into the real deal.

Having created seven goalscoring chances and an assist for Bolton’s late winner against Queens Park Rangers last Saturday, Miyaichi clearly knows when to lift his head up and supply the pass, but the chance conversion rate suggests his team-mates at the Reebok are still attempting to connect to his wavelength.

At 19, Miyaichi has yet to make the breakthrough at Arsenal, making just two substitute appearances in the Carling Cup since obtaining a work permit last August.

But an impressive loan spell at Feyenoord last season while he awaited his visa, and his bright start to life at Bolton, have added credence to the perception that Wenger has unearthed a superstar in the making.

“No Japanese player has really made an impact in the Premier League, but everyone is very excited about Miyaichi,” admits Mori Masatoshi, football writer for The Hochi Simbun. “He is the best youngster in Japan and is already second only to Keisuke Honda in terms of being the biggest star.

“When Arsène Wenger talks about him, or if he plays a game for Bolton, he is front and back page news.

“The fact that he has signed for Arsenal is seen as very important in Japan because Wenger still commands huge respect in the country following his time as coach at Grampus Eight.

“But the one thing that makes Miyaichi stand out is his character. Most Japanese players are too modest to succeed in England, but Miyaichi is strong, confident and aggressive.

“He is a pleasant and likeable boy, but he has the determination to succeed that others maybe didn’t have.”

Miyaichi, who rejected the sponsors’ man of the match champagne following the QPR game as he is still too young to drink in Japan – 20 is the legal alcohol age as opposed to 18 in the United Kingdom – is the latest burgeoning talent to be farmed out to Owen Coyle’s finishing school at the Reebok.

Two years ago, Jack Wilshere made 14 appearances for Bolton during a six-month loan spell as an 18-year-old, while Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge scored eight goals in 12 games while on loan at the club last season.

Gretar Steinsson, Bolton’s Icelandic defender, believes Miyaichi is destined to emulate both Wilshere and Sturridge by exploding onto the scene as a star of the future.

“Miyaichi is a fantastic player,” Steinsson said. “I saw him play a few times for Feyenoord last year and knew he had bags of potential.

“But training with him every day, I would put him in the same category as Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge. He will be one of the Premier League’s big players in the future.

“In training we have big, strong physical players and he just gets on with it. He has real ability, he is so fast and he will definitely be one of the big players.

“All the Arsenal players have been raving about him and I know why.” Nicknamed 'Ryodinho’ at Feyenoord due to his apparent similarity to Brazilian forward Ronaldinho, Miyaichi has the opportunity against Spurs to display his potential to a wider audience with the game being broadcast live this evening.

And Bolton Wanderers manager Coyle expects him to live up to his star billing. “He is special, but he’s got a lot more to offer as well.” Coyle said.

“He’s wiry and takes kicks and he will be black and blue because of the knocks he takes, but he’s so positive when playing against good players.

“He went to Millwall in the last round and scored a wonder goal. He went to Chelsea and frightened the life out of their defenders and he did the same recently at Manchester City.”

Spurs, already feeling the jitters after a dismal recent run, might just become Miyaichi’s latest victims.

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 am

There really is a hype around Ryo at the mo isnt there.

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:18 am

to be honest i am enjoying this because he looks a fantastic player a very good prospect...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 am

To be honest im actually a little sceptical, we shall see how he has done at the end of the season, hopefully he helps them stay up

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:24 am

well its expected he is new to our game..
i like how he seams to have no fear of the tackle against..just rides or steps and away he goes...

Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm sceptical about the hype, if only because I haven't really seen him do anything spectacular at all.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top