Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Aston Villa

+32
janelle.noel
John Foxall
Yash
Justin Chew
kdunn
Elisabeth Studentschnig
Jason Morrison
Steve Dawson
Ashraf Peeran
Stephen Mitchell
Jenson Pais
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Mohamed Samir
Chris Chan
Joey Schwab
Samritpal Singh
Hisham El Mawan
Graham Edward Denton
Mike York
Liam Bermingham
Mario
Jonathan Prendergast
Jenks1981
Zaid Derweesh
Evan Mullins
ralph avedikian
Ed Spence
Christopher Flanagan
Alejandro Perreira
Michael Foster
Vanig Bostanian
Sami Rockfeller
36 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Aston Villa - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Aston Villa

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 am

There is also the possibility of Henry starting on the wings to rest TW.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:09 am

How can Walcott be tired? He played 90 minutes against United on Sunday and 90 minutes the Sunday before that against Swansea. 6 days before that, he played 25 minutes against Leeds. Hardly a marathon schedule. It's not tiredness, he's just playing poorly.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:56 am

He has looked unusually sluggish, though. I know he had flu and all but I could have run quicker than he did against Fulham. Now, we all know I was regional 100 metre champion in the late nineties, but I've put on a few pounds since then. I shouldn't be able to beat Theo Walcott in a foot race.

I think there is something weird going on with Theo behind the scenes. It wouldn't surprise me to see him flogged this summer.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

https://arsenal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:09 am

One of the problems has to be his development..or lack of it,since he joind us I have not seen any improvement in him of significance....now we have the ox he must be suffering..I should think 90% of people would....it's a shame with theo he has good games I just think a large percentage of defenders in the league have him sussed...

He has been one of the players in a way I would like to see go,
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 am

It's sad Theo's bad run of form has come at around the same time as when Gervinho is away. There's no way we can rotate him even unless we give Miyaichi a start, something I'm very much in favor of atleast against smaller teams.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 am

I'm not sure what it is about Theo either. Mario's right - he can't be THAT tired, even though I said I thought he was, looking at the last few weeks he hasn't played that much. There must be something in his head - maybe he can't cope with the criticism, the pressure, I don't know. Maybe contract shit, maybe he's broken up with his girl or something, who knows. Since the Chelsea game he's been a bit ... I don't know.

If we were to flog him, where would he go? I'm all for giving him the chance to regain his confidence and form, but the problem is we don't have enough quality players to rotate him out. The squad is too thin up front. But where would he go if we sold him? He doesn't seem to be the type who'd play abroad. We wouldn't sell him to Top 4 rivals (except Man City). Who, then? Liverpool? Newcastle?

At the end of the day I think Theo will stay, not because we especially want him and can't do without him, nor because he especially wants to stay, but because there's just nowhere for him to go. He knows he has it good at Arsenal, too.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:58 am

I think koscielny will miss the game due to suspension after getting his 5th yellow card of the season. Can anyone confirm it?

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:04 am

ralph avedikian wrote:I think koscielny will miss the game due to suspension after getting his 5th yellow card of the season. Can anyone confirm it?

I think he will
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 am

Yes, Koscielny is out for the game. Means Miquel on the left and TV with Per.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:17 am

I wouldn't be surprised if something was up with Theo, either. But another part of me says that this is what we get with Theo; a good spell followed by a bad spell. Usually following an injury, he did have flu and may have been rushed back, but he was out for 1 game! And since returning he's got steadily worse. I don't know. No full backs have hurt our whole side but that doesn't excuse some of his performances. If it is contract related then he needs to realise that playing like a spanner won't get the job done.

Also, Koscielny is fine. The '5th yellow card' threshold ended on December 31st. You need 10 yellows now for a ban.

Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if something was up with Theo, either. But another part of me says that this is what we get with Theo; a good spell followed by a bad spell. Usually following an injury, he did have flu and may have been rushed back, but he was out for 1 game! And since returning he's got steadily worse. I don't know. No full backs have hurt our whole side but that doesn't excuse some of his performances. If it is contract related then he needs to realise that playing like a spanner won't get the job done.

Also, Koscielny is fine. The '5th yellow card' threshold ended on December 31st. You need 10 yellows now for a ban.

I have been thinking that recently is Theo spitting his dummy out over a new contract...if so jog on son..if you want arsenal buck up your ideas and play...and while ya at it learn a new fucking trick or two....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:28 am

Part of me suspects Theo might have been told he is on his bike in the summer. To he honest I hope not, because if we can get the best out of him, he is an exceptional player. Totally unplayable on his day, even of those days are few and far between at the monent.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sold to Juve in the summer and then absolutely tear Italy apart.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 am

Would he want to go to Italy though? I just can't picture him outside of England.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Bermingham Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:44 am

I can see him either at City or Liverpool (he was/is a liverpool fan too, right?) either club would be pay silly money I'm sure
Liam Bermingham
Liam Bermingham
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Flanagan Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 am

I think Theo is exactly the sort of English player that is likely to go abroad, to be honest. In that he isn't a complete cretin like the rest of the England side.
Christopher Flanagan
Christopher Flanagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 am

I am quite sure any team would pay good money for him..but would it be a case of one out none in....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Bermingham Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Michael Foster wrote:I am quite sure any team would pay good money for him..but would it be a case of one out none in....

what would ever make you think that......... Rolling Eyes
Liam Bermingham
Liam Bermingham
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:43 pm

I can definately see Theo playing abroad in Spain or Italy, more so than most English players. It will suit his game to play in a less physical league where you get more time on the ball too.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Miquel: A dream to play at Wembley
Arsenal youngster Ignasi Miquel is aiming to realize his dream of playing at Wembley this season although he is refusing to cast his eye beyond Sunday’s FA Cup encounter against Aston Villa.

The Gunners will welcome the Midlands outfit in the FA Cup fourth round and Spanish defender Miquel is wary of the threats posed by Alex McLeish's charges.

"Anyone can beat anyone in the cups. You saw in the Carling Cup that Manchester United lost at home to a Championship team [Crystal Palace]," he told Arsenal.com.

"These games are completely different from the league, so anyone we play will be a hard game. Of course the big teams have a good chance in the FA Cup, but you have to stay focused and make sure you beat who is in front of you."

"It is a dream to play at Wembley in a big final. First, we have to go step by step, but obviously if we can get to Wembley it would be a big, big thing for us."

"We have not won a title for quite long, so it would be great for us. But our next game is on Sunday against Aston Villa and we must focus on that. If we keep working and stay mentally strong we can get through it."

Miquel made his Arsenal bow in the FA Cup last campaign and played against Leeds United in their amazing third round cup tie which saw legend Thierry Henry mark his second-homecoming debut by netting the winner.

"That was amazing. It was the best crowd I have ever seen at the Emirates. The last 10 or 15 minutes were unbelievable," he added.

"Everyone knows it is a hard time for us but if you get the supporters behind you, you feel more comfortable. After Thierry scored, Leeds had a couple of chances but we stayed strong at the back and the supporters were with us, so that helped a lot."

http://www.arsenalfcweb.co.uk/Latest-Arsenal-News/Arsenal_defender_Miquel_says_stay_focussed.php

The Barcelona native said: “We know that with the FA Cup it is only one game, so you can't make any mistakes.

“You have to make sure you are ready for anything that happens, but still go out there and try to win the game.

“We played them a month ago [in the league] and only scored the winner in the 87th minute, so it will be tough. We are at home, we have our supporters there but we know we will have to work for victory.

“They have a very good striker in Darren Bent and two quick wingers in Marc Albrighton and Charles N'Zogbia. They are dangerous and they can make things happen.

“We need to stay focused and make sure we don't make any mistakes at the back. If we do that then we have a big chance to win.”

http://www.arsenalfcweb.co.uk/Latest-Arsenal-News/Arsenal_defender_Miquel_says_stay_focussed.php
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Let's just hope he has his chance.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:34 am

I hope he does. I like what I've seen from Miquel so far, espescially considering he has been played out of position at left back the majority of times.

If Arsenal get to the final, big if, would you like to see the strongest team possible played or a couple youngsters like Miquel given the chance?
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Bermingham Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:37 am

Mike York wrote:I hope he does. I like what I've seen from Miquel so far, espescially considering he has been played out of position at left back the majority of times.

If Arsenal get to the final, big if, would you like to see the strongest team possible played or a couple youngsters like Miquel given the chance?

Strongest team possible! Goes without saying, doesn't it????
Liam Bermingham
Liam Bermingham
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 am

Yeah. I'm torn. On one hand I'd like Miquel, Coquelin etc to be given a chance and mix with some senior players. But on the other hand, after last years Carling Cup final, I reckon the strongest team would be put out.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Bermingham Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 am

Mike York wrote:Yeah. I'm torn. On one hand I'd like Miquel, Coquelin etc to be given a chance and mix with some senior players. But on the other hand, after last years Carling Cup final, I reckon the strongest team would be put out.

I couldn't give a toss about them being given a chance lol. They're young and HOPEFULLY will have plenty more finals in the future at Arsenal
Liam Bermingham
Liam Bermingham
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

Haha true. Miquel has probably played far more minutes this season already than he thought he would have. It'd be nice to have the media shut up about however many years without a trophy.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next