Man Utd Post Match - WTF Arsene

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Man Utd Post Match - WTF Arsene - Page 5 Empty Re: Man Utd Post Match - WTF Arsene

Post by Callum Hind on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:21 am

A point on the substitution; ok AOC may have had a calf strain and the fans' reaction may have been excessive, however exactly the same sub was made in the Man City CC and Leeds FA Cup games, when the Ox had looked one of our liveliest players in each case. That's why I understand the reaction more and am more sceptical about a calf strain/fatigue.
Callum Hind
Callum Hind
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Man Utd Post Match - WTF Arsene - Page 5 Empty Re: Man Utd Post Match - WTF Arsene

Post by Jonathan Prendergast on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Callum Hind wrote:A point on the substitution; ok AOC may have had a calf strain and the fans' reaction may have been excessive, however exactly the same sub was made in the Man City CC and Leeds FA Cup games, when the Ox had looked one of our liveliest players in each case. That's why I understand the reaction more and am more sceptical about a calf strain/fatigue.

I suspect it was more to do with player management.

We can't complain that we are too reliant on youngsters, then also complain when one of them gets subbed. I think in this respect (player management - management of confidence, form, expectations), Wenger is one of the best in the business.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nick koupparis on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:
Callum Hind wrote:A point on the substitution; ok AOC may have had a calf strain and the fans' reaction may have been excessive, however exactly the same sub was made in the Man City CC and Leeds FA Cup games, when the Ox had looked one of our liveliest players in each case. That's why I understand the reaction more and am more sceptical about a calf strain/fatigue.

I suspect it was more to do with player management.

We can't complain that we are too reliant on youngsters, then also complain when one of them gets subbed. I think in this respect (player management - management of confidence, form, expectations), Wenger is one of the best in the business.

Total BS foot ball is not played on spread sheets of data an risk charts - yes they help But.
If anyone tells me that the subbing of AOC was correct when he was having a great game had United rocking.
Then I have to disagree strongly. The game is played on the pitch over the allotted time. You can't sub a guy like AOC in that game cos of what a spread sheet churned out. No fing way! Not for AA anyway!
nick koupparis
nick koupparis
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kique.canto on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 pm

What if AOC really had the calf straing and then was out for a few weeks due to not being subbed?

It makes me think of that time when Cesc was put in against Villa and won us the game and got re injured. It was an amazing cameo by him but he wasn't 100%. People were wondering if it was worth it.
kique.canto
kique.canto
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Robin van Persie
I WAS NOT HAVING A GO AT THE BOSS ON SUNDAY

LET me start by putting the record straight.
I was not having a go at the boss on Sunday. I was just sad to see Alex leave the pitch as he just gave the assist for our only goal.

I was not questioning his judgment. I know it's not my place to challenge what Arsene Wenger does. He is the boss, he makes the decisions and that's it, end of story. I have worked with the boss long enough to know there's always a good reason behind his decisions, and there was again on Sunday. When Arsene makes a decision, it is based on a lot of information that everyone else might not know about and he will never betray. I admire him so much for that.

As he said after the game, he doesn't have to explain his substitutions to anyone. He was right to remind everyone that he has been in the job 30 years and made 50,000 substitutions, why on earth should he have to justify each and every one of them?

He has all the information, he knows when a player is carrying a small injury, or has been ill, or is tiring. Arsene's remarkable success in the game is proof enough that his decisions are made from knowledge and experience. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain had a calf injury. We did not know that but the boss did and brought Andrey Arshavin on.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for Arsene Wenger. He is one of the best football coaches in the world, with a brilliant record of success here at Arsenal. I wouldn't be here or the player I am without him. The manager and I are fine and my relationship with the club is good. I don't want anyone misunderstanding the situation here for a moment.There is no problem, there is no conflict and there is no controversy. The boss knows that, I know that, the players all know that. But it's important the Arsenal fans know that and that people in the game know that.

We are all committed to doing the very best we can to bring success to The Emirates. We are not giving up on a top-four finish, no way. Losing to Manchester United was a setback, but it is not a knockout blow. The way this season is going I think it's pretty safe to say there will be a lot more surprises before the Premier League season is over. There's plenty of games still left, we have recovered from reverses like this before and we will win again. So anybody writing us off is making a mistake.This could still be a good season for us. We have the FA Cup to look forward to and the Champions League. We will all be giving 100 per cent to make sure we bring one of those trophies home, hopefully both of them.
Let's all stick together and fight.
Like · · Share · 6810 · 7 minutes ago ·
From Robin's official Facebook account.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

^Thank God for that the media were driving me batshit crazy. ESPN had reported RVP submitted a transfer request after the United game debacle.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyBrady on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 am

People should stop using reports from obvious parody Twitter accounts like "@BrynLawTimes and @SkySporksNews in their articles..

Idiots.
ChippyBrady
ChippyBrady
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Bennett on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 am

Come on guys, you didnt expect us to win did you?

I thought our fans were pathetic, hurling abuse at Arshavin for just warming up.

Tottenham fans have stuck by their team while watching us go unbeaten and winning the title in their back garden - most of our fans became Arsenal fans that day.

If you ask me (although its a bitter pill to swallow and of course i am as upset, dissappointed etc) it will do the fans good to have a reality check and test whether or not they're really devoted to supporting Arsenal.

I would have thought that if youre turning your back on Arsenal now and started supporting Arsenal from the Wenger era onwards - youre probs not such a staunch and loyal supporter as you think.

Mark Bennett
Mark Bennett
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:54 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:^Thank God for that the media were driving me batshit crazy. ESPN had reported RVP submitted a transfer request after the United game debacle.

The media have always been quick to slip the noose around arsenals neck...

Even more so in recient seasons...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:38 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:^Thank God for that the media were driving me batshit crazy. ESPN had reported RVP submitted a transfer request after the United game debacle.

I wrote ESPN Asia a long hateful message after that report. Here's hoping that they reply.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

I wrote ESPN Asia a long hateful message after that report. Here's hoping that they reply.

I once sent a email to skysports after arsenal got ripped into by both the redknapps saying that it was a completly biased opinions and they should be ashamed of having Jamie on the reporting staff for it and that harry was in no position to make nor have he comments published....

Needless to say Sami I have never had a response nor post put up anywhere on sky sports in over a year since voicing my opinion...
They love to dish it but hate being spoon fed it....

Absolute wank reporting staff and bullshit comes for sky...hence I will never ever subscribe to the channels them beam out....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:01 am

Mark Bennett wrote:Come on guys, you didnt expect us to win did you?

I thought our fans were pathetic, hurling abuse at Arshavin for just warming up.

Tottenham fans have stuck by their team while watching us go unbeaten and winning the title in their back garden - most of our fans became Arsenal fans that day.

If you ask me (although its a bitter pill to swallow and of course i am as upset, dissappointed etc) it will do the fans good to have a reality check and test whether or not they're really devoted to supporting Arsenal.

I would have thought that if youre turning your back on Arsenal now and started supporting Arsenal from the Wenger era onwards - youre probs not such a staunch and loyal supporter as you think.

Well said, but I don't think anyone can accuse Arsenal fans to be glory hunters now. I mean we have hardly had any sort of glory Laughing
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:52 am

Arsene Wenger has leapt to the defence of Andrey Arshavin stating that he 'loves' the Arsenal attacker.

The Russian has been the subject of much abuse from fans after a series of uninspired performances for Arsenal this season.

But Wenger insists that the boos when Arshavin came on against Manchester United were in fact directed at the manager for taking off Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

He told The Sun: "I love Arshavin as a man and as a player.

"I don't think the fans were too much against him, it was more they wanted Chamberlain to stay on the pitch.

"I didn't take it as booing of Arshavin, I just thought they wanted to keep Chamberlain on the pitch, which we can understand."

The Frenchman also thinks the fans that booed him were in the minority at the Emirates adding: "I'm not bothered by that, frankly. I'm paid to make decisions and you always need someone to make decisions.

"When you have 60,000 people in the stadium there are always 100 or 200 who have different opinions. I have managed many more games than all the other people in the stadium."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7461175/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 am

He's right that it was more for taking Ox off than Arshavin off, but he's deluded if he thinks it was only 100-200.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5