Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfers

+56
Wesley Wang
Adam Sisson
Liam Bermingham
nick koupparis
Sivaram Sukumar
JavierVen
Meshaal Qureshi
eyal.peer
Pat McMenimen
Michael Schatzky
ralph avedikian
ChippyBrady
Vijay Saibola
Justin Chew
David Hogan
Evan Mullins
Jason Morrison
ShravanVBhat
Mike York
Steve Dawson
fkamil
rschalala
Mario
janelle.noel
Darcy Gorman
Alejandro Perreira
DaveToffy
vyom.chaudhary
Vanig Bostanian
Samritpal Singh
Jenks1981
Nick Evans
Graham Edward Denton
Xmichael Pollard
Jonathan Prendergast
Alan Dawson
Iboro Umana
Dan Hakim
Jenson Pais
Hisham El Mawan
Mohamed Samir
Durrell
Richard Wallace
Joey Schwab
Ramez R. Arbid
Zaid Derweesh
Chris Chan
Ben Wingfield
Ashraf Peeran
Charles Crabtree
Dimi Makris
Christopher Flanagan
Stephen Mitchell
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Sami Rockfeller
Michael Foster
60 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

January Transfers  - Page 20 Empty Re: January Transfers

Post by Michael Foster Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 pm

see this on sky sports news a little while ago...

Arsene Wenger admits that he has no qualms about being regarded as 'crazy' for not spending huge money at Arsenal.

Wenger has again come under criticism from a section of his own fans for not spending in the last 12-months, despite big-money sales of the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.
Arsenal again look set to go another season with a trophy, last picking up silverware in 2005.

Arsenal remain committed to their self-sustaining business model, driven by revenues from their 60,000-seater Emirates Stadium, on which they have a long-term debt repayment plan at a low, fixed interest rate.

The Gunners are again expected to report an operating profit when their latest set of financial figures are published next week.

Wenger, though, cannot fathom why Arsenal continue to be lambasted for spending within their means.

"What is unbelievable is that we run the model that should be absolutely normal and we look crazy. That is crazy," said Wenger.

"People will do anything stupid, but we are not crazy, we are all right. We spend 1 if we make 1 and [then people say] 'what are they doing?' That is what is absolutely mad in our world, but the whole world is bankrupt because of that."

Wages

Wenger accepts Arsenal cannot compete with the wages which other teams pay, a case proven in point over recent seasons with the departures of the likes of Nasri and Gael Clichy to rivals Manchester City.
"Last year we were very close to the top and there was a rupture in the building of our team with losing [captain Cesc] Fabregas [to Barcelona], Nasri and [Jack] Wilshere [to injury]," he said.

"We could compete with anybody in Europe with our midfield."

Wenger added: "When we play a young team you have to understand as well that we have chosen that policy.

"What is difficult to take once you get close is that the players move, and that is where we are in trouble.

"It is not the policy, it is not keeping our players once they arrive in a mature way."
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:06 pm

will be absolutely gutted if this goes through.he will be available for free in summer.grab him wenger
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7550920/Vertonghen-open-to-Spurs-move

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

vyom.chaudhary wrote:will be absolutely gutted if this goes through.he will be available for free in summer.grab him wenger
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7550920/Vertonghen-open-to-Spurs-move

Hopefully him and Hazard watched the game yestarday and had second thoughts about possibly choosing them.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:46 am

Mike York wrote:
vyom.chaudhary wrote:will be absolutely gutted if this goes through.he will be available for free in summer.grab him wenger

Hopefully him and Hazard watched the game yestarday and had second thoughts about possibly choosing them.
more important then that is if wenger really wants him.on the other hand if we manage to get them both somehow we will have belgian core in our team.
belgium is the new france

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 am

Fuckin love Sagna

- - - - -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7545733/Sagna-warns-Hazard-against-Spurs

Belgium international Hazard, who has previously revealed he is keen on a move to the Premier League, has been linked with a Spurs switch in recent weeks.

However, France full-back Sagna has told the attacking midfielder it would be an "error" to join up with Harry Redknapp's side.

Sagna, speaking ahead of Sunday's North London derby, has called on Hazard to turn down Spurs and join Arsenal, where he feels he would be better suited.

He told the Daily Mirror: "I think (a Spurs move) would be an error for him. I watch the French League and Hazard is an excellent player. It would be a major signing for Arsenal, but it's up to different people to decide his destination.

"He needs to reflect and make the choice of club for the style of football.

"If he goes to Spurs, he will be an enemy for me.

"Hazard has the perfect profile for the Premier League because he has swiftness, is a very good dribbler and is able to find spaces for team-mates.

''He is a player who can change the rhythm and provoke problems in defence."
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:45 am

Would everyone be happy if we only sign Hazard in the summer and RVP signs a new contract??

I think I would... silent

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:00 am

Yeah but dead weight in the form Denilson, Bendtner, chamakh, arshavin etc needs to be offloaded. And Hopefully we have a fully fit squad to start with. Hazard and a good creative midfielder maybe then. Yesterday showed that we do have the ability, its just the motivation thats lacking most of the time, which is worrying, since that can't be bought...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:03 am

Jason Morrison wrote:Yeah but dead weight in the form Denilson, Bendtner, chamakh, arshavin etc needs to be offloaded. And Hopefully we have a fully fit squad to start with. Hazard and a good creative midfielder maybe then. Yesterday showed that we do have the ability, its just the motivation thats lacking most of the time, which is worrying, since that can't be bought...

Goetze, Hazard and Podolski as RVP back-up eh?
I'm sure Wenger wouldn't mind spending £80m. sunny
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Chan Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 am

Love how Sagna keeps referring to the scum as the enemy in his post match interviews. Absolutely love him

Would everyone be happy if we only sign Hazard in the summer and RVP signs a new contract??

I think I would...

Depends who we keep and if we can get rid of the salary drains. We also need Wilshere to have an injury free season and just everyone to be more consistent.

Chris Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 am

would be a major coup if we can get Vertonghen for free.have always rated him.
if our players are openly inviting hazard to the club then something must be going on behind the scenes

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:45 am

Chris Chan wrote:Love how Sagna keeps referring to the scum as the enemy in his post match interviews. Absolutely love him

January Transfers  - Page 20 Tumblr_m01oumQv3o1qgqytao1_1280
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 am

Hopefully Hazard watched the NLD and put any lingering thoughts of joining Tottenham to bed. I think Chelsea may be more interested in other targets. I'm not saying we have a good chance of signing him, but I think there is definitely something there.

With Arshavin gone (and presumably not returning, if all goes to plan), then we only have Walcott, Gervinho and Ox as wingers. Miyaichi is too young and raw to be relied upon (and I've seen no evidence to suggest that he's another Wilshere), and Benayoun may or may not be signed permanently. So we need a winger.

We need a midfielder too, to play in the Ramsicky position.

Hazolski!

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7555017/Bendtner-admits-Russia-interest

His contract is expiring this summer?which means he will go for free.
this is ridiculous seriously.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 am

I remember reading somewhere he was contracted until 2014. Could be wrong but I am sure I have read that in a couple places.

If his contract is up though I have no idea why we didn't sell him in the summer or use his last year to provide more back-up for RvP.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:34 am

Mike York wrote:I remember reading somewhere he was contracted until 2014. Could be wrong but I am sure I have read that in a couple places.

If his contract is up though I have no idea why we didn't sell him in the summer or use his last year to provide more back-up for RvP.

exactly my point.why the hell we kept him for one year to send him on loan to some other team and also to let him go for free after one year.
I am sure we are paying a part of his wages now also.No ways sunderland is paying all his wages.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mitchell Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 am

I think we sometimes underestimate how hard it is to sell a player, esp. if they are on the sorts of wages Bendtner is on. Maybe we did try to sell him but no one was willing to match our asking price or Bendtner's wage demands? This we'll never know.
Stephen Mitchell
Stephen Mitchell
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 am

Stephen Mitchell wrote:I think we sometimes underestimate how hard it is to sell a player, esp. if they are on the sorts of wages Bendtner is on. Maybe we did try to sell him but no one was willing to match our asking price or Bendtner's wage demands? This we'll never know.
Then should have kept him as rvp's backup.what was the use of sending him on loan.
and if he would have thrown tantrums we should have dealt with him the way manc did with tevez.

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20