Post by Chris Chan on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 am

Lol Hazard has 'signed' for all the top prem clubs in the last six months

Chris Chan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

January Transfers  - Page 18 Empty Re: January Transfers

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 am

It would be massive for Spurs if they actually do manage to sign him. I still think we'll get him come end of season.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah, why go to Arsenal and Wenger, one of the biggest clubs in the world under a manager proven to get the best out of young players (especially ones originating from the French league) who have been in the CL consistently for years when you can go to an overachieving Spurs side under Darth Tax-Evader?

I think we could sign him even if we miss out on the CL, I think Wenger has that kind of influence on players like him. Maybe not over Chelsea with their mega-millions but definitely over Spurs.

Everyone is so disappointed with our side these past few seasons that it makes some of you think we're a far less attractive proposition for players than we actually are.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:10 pm

If Spurs beat us to him then that would be the end of the world. Brace yourselves. Shocked
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 pm

He can fuck straight off if he is even considering going to them.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Are you guys mad?
He is not an Arsenal fan, he is a football player, why wouldn't he consider going to them?
We had players who played for them, they have players who played for us.
It is ridiculous to demand of Hazard not to consider them before he even played for us.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 pm

eyal.peer wrote:Are you guys mad?
He is not an Arsenal fan, he is a football player, why wouldn't he consider going to them?
We had players who played for them, they have players who played for us.
It is ridiculous to demand of Hazard not to consider them before he even played for us.

Why would he consider???!! Because they are above us my friend..he is obviously looking at the table and players in teams and going for the best chance of euro football...you cannot blame the guy...but one thing I will say if he is linking himself to pay day teams and the quick fix of European football.....

Sorry Mr hazard...I don't want you in my team...

We want people to come to us for us being arsenal...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Luckily the management sees the matter otherwise...
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Michael Foster wrote:

We want people to come to us for us being arsenal...

I don't think you'll find many players who fit that bill.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:30 pm

eyal.peer wrote:Luckily the management sees the matter otherwise...

This is true...

Don't get me wrong I want to see players of his caliber at arsenal....just don't want to see another merc here for a stop off...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:37 pm

The down side of having a player being very successful at your team is that there is always a chance of him being snatched up by a bigger team.
We are The Arsenal and we are complaining tho there are few teams bigger than us - Barca, Madrid, United.. City money-wise and competitiveness-wise, Chelsea money-wise.. That's about it. Maybe Inter/Milan, depends on the year.

On the other hand, think about the likes of Everton, QPR, Seville.. Once a player is successful in such a team he is immediately snatched, sometimes for a fair price, sometimes not - in many cases by us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ox, for example, becomes a huge success - and we stay fighting for 4th/3rd and semis year in year out - that he will be snatched by one of those teams I mentioned earlier.

It wouldn't make him a merc. It would make him a player looking for a club to suit his level.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Guys, don't worry about Hazard , we got Eisfeld. EISFELD!!!

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jason.mandryk on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:12 am

Hazard has been teasing out references to a lot of major clubs in the last 12 months. This is only an acknowledgement that Spurs appear to be in the upper echelon of clubs this season.
I can't see them failing to qualify for the CL (though I wish they would!), so we are left to battle it out with Chelsea and Newcastle (thank God for AVB and his failings!).

However, once 'Arry leaves for England, who do Spurs get as a replacement? What happens when Adebayor's loan spell ends (and the other loans), and/or when United buy Modric, or whichever massive club go in for Bale? Their defensive personnel are aging, injury prone and not that fantastic and need to be shored up.

It will be a fascinating summer to see what happens with Spurs; but here's hoping they can balls up their league position first!
jason.mandryk
jason.mandryk
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:19 am

Yes, it's going to be an interesting summer all round.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Schwab on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 am

If Spurs get CL football and we don't, why would he be mad to go there over us? The truth is, they look to be on the up, and we look to be on the slide. Now I don't necessarily agree with that - but that seems to be the common perception amongst most fans and the media (personally I think we've underachieved and they've overachieved). I would imagine he is measuring his options and will see where the prospective clubs finish at the end of the season and go from there. If we have any chance of landing Hazard, then we will need to finish 4th.

In my opinion.
Joey Schwab
Joey Schwab
First Team Squad

View user profile http://joeyschwab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:56 am

jason.mandryk wrote:

However, once 'Arry leaves for England, who do Spurs get as a replacement? What happens when Adebayor's loan spell ends (and the other loans), and/or when United buy Modric, or whichever massive club go in for Bale? Their defensive personnel are aging, injury prone and not that fantastic and need to be shored up.

It will be a fascinating summer to see what happens with Spurs; but here's hoping they can balls up their league position first!

I would argue that Spurs are actually in good shape defensively, when fit. They've got 11 clean sheets this year. Friedel over Gomes helps that a lot.
Their first cb pairing of Dawson and Kaboul is solid and their fb's ,Walker and BAE are very good. Those 4 are all relatively young. They also have Caulker at cb on loan at Swansea and he will easily slot in next year (as Walker did this year) with Gallas and possibly King making way.
Friedel will go but they are looking at Krul ,who has been solid for Newcastle.
They will need a striker because Adebayor won't stick around, but in terms of attack it would be difficult to argue that Parker Modric Bale VDV is not the best midfield on the league. If they keep all of them , and add Hazard to the mix...?
In fact, I think Spurs are my favourite team........

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:00 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7520513/Hazard-Spurs-deal-not-done-yet

"Hazard also dropped a huge hint Spurs had won the race for his signature, as he added: "The transfer is still pending. I have not signed anything yet, but I hope it will happen in the near future."

Sounds like its done and dusted!!

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:59 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7520513/Hazard-Spurs-deal-not-done-yet

"Hazard also dropped a huge hint Spurs had won the race for his signature, as he added: "The transfer is still pending. I have not signed anything yet, but I hope it will happen in the near future."

Skysports are idiots. He is still a contracted player and I can't see Lille letting go of their prized asset so easily !! I believe there will be a bidding war in the summer for him unless Mario Goetze steals the limelight at the Euros.
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:20 am

Jenson Pais wrote:
vyom.chaudhary wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7520513/Hazard-Spurs-deal-not-done-yet

Skysports are idiots. He is still a contracted player and I can't see Lille letting go of their prized asset so easily !! I believe there will be a bidding war in the summer for him unless Mario Goetze steals the limelight at the Euros.

agree with all that.but those were the quotes there.something has to be going on behind the scenes.
otherwise he wouldn't have said something like that

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:33 am

Those quotes have been taken out of context. He said he will play in the prem next year but nothing's been signed yet.. yada yada.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenson Pais on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:33 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:

agree with all that.but those were the quotes there.something has to be going on behind the scenes.
otherwise he wouldn't have said something like that

The English media are famous for being "lost in translation" when it comes to translating the interviews from other sources. He was speaking to the Belgian media and not the English media. Would have helped if we have a Belgian here and who has seen his interview with the Belgian TV.

Also he is coming across as to me as a media whore, like Nasri. He wants to join Spurs so that he can then move in 2 years time to Real or Barca Evil or Very Mad

Someone who know French please translate for the benefit of all !!
Jenson Pais
Jenson Pais
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 am

Oh completly agree with you fella....
What I mean to also say is that amongst euros elite when a team has a dip in results over seasons that players will want best for them totally....they won't join teams on a slide naturally....not saying we are either,but when a player is quoted and even the sometimes a coach or a close friend says 'oh I want to join them or these a month later you have to question his dedication to the club that if all is well when signed if a dip or slight slide happens does he then hand himself back over to the agent to be transfered to another team...it's fair enough if it was to theoretically happen and he wanted to go...

Just think it's time we got hold of players that want to stick for the haul...
I know I the place we are now is not top of players lists...

But we have to make it.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:17 am

My last post only just gone up wtf?? Lol sent that an hour or so ago...lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Lille midfield star Eden Hazard would consider a move to Arsenal, just days after he publicly declared that he would also be interested in signing for their nearest rivals, Tottenham.

Arsenal, who were destroyed by Ac Milan 4-0 last night in the Champions League, are in dire need of something and it could well the talent of Hazard, and the Lille star has spoken in glowing terms of the north London club.

Speaking to Sport Foot Magazine Hazard said - “Of course. It’s always more fun when it’s beautiful (the football). In addition, at Arsenal, there is a coach and French players. And Thomas Vermaelen.

“There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part.”

The younster has been linked with a host of top clubs throughout the campaign, but expressed his eagerness for a move to the Premier League. altho he did do the same with the Spanish league but Real Madrid or Barcelona are said to be not interested.

“That’s the championship where I think I can express myself better. Where I can learn more, too,” Hazard continued.

“(It’s) difficult to explain why. (It’s a) question of feeling. The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums,

“This is still well above anything I’ve experienced so far in France and that attracts me. And I know many people in England. This is another added attraction.”

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been heavily linked with a summer move for Hazard, but the player is keen to play down such rumours.

“I’m obviously not against the idea,” he added.

“Who does not dream of Real Madrid? Or FC Barcelona? But I am convinced that, for now at least, the ideal for me would be England,

“I am lucid enough to realize that being holder in one of two Spanish grandees, at my age it would be complicated.”

http://dailyfootballnews.org/premier-league/lille-star-keeps-the-door-open-for-a-move-to-arsenal-days-after-saying-hes-interested-in-spurs/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Fuck, Hazard sure talks a fuck lot! Imagine he come here and is a success and madrid or barca come along...
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next