January Transfers

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

January Transfers  - Page 17 Empty Re: January Transfers

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 am

yep big guys eating up small fries and chelsea needing an own goal to get a draw will definitely loosen the strings

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luke_kennedy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 am

Alejandro Perreira wrote:yep big guys eating up small fries and chelsea needing an own goal to get a draw will definitely loosen the strings

would you say we are big guys eating small fries??? Games that we have thrown away like Fulham,Blackburn and Swansea should be small fries as u put it to us but we didnt win did we.
No need for sarcasm really.
Man city gave Everton a beating didnt they?this league is never routine or straight forward and freak results happen.
We WONT buy anyone and that had been our downfall in panic buying.He could have got Cahill right away, Mata was available with a cheaper clause than Chelsea bought him for and hes been great for them

luke_kennedy
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro Perreira on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 am

tell me who bought who this window exactly? and which of our panic buys have failed? arteta has been excellent, santos was playing well before injury and per is starting every game. thats a good record id say.
we dont need cahill and with the ox's emergence and gervinho back whenever we dont really need mata. and by the way gervinho and ox cost the same as mata.

Alejandro Perreira
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 am

saha signs with spurs..

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:00 am

Not long left...but its possible to see activity after it shuts
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

Michael Foster wrote:Not long left...but its possible to see activity after it shuts

How is this possible ? Surprised

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 am

Alejandro Perreira wrote:tell me who bought who this window exactly? and which of our panic buys have failed? arteta has been excellent, santos was playing well before injury and per is starting every game. thats a good record id say.
we dont need cahill and with the ox's emergence and gervinho back whenever we dont really need mata. and by the way gervinho and ox cost the same as mata.

I'm not saying it's easy to buy in January, it clearly isn't. No one wants to sell their best players. But we didn't do what we were supposed to in the summer and came into the season with a squad not good enough by our standards which is why fans would have hoped, if not expected, some deals to be done in January. So what if the others didn't buy, we're currently in 6th place having lost more than a third of our league games this season, our needs are greater than theirs.

'and by the way gervinho and ox cost the same as mata'

Why should that matter? It's not like we're currently broke without a transfer kitty to speak of, like Everton. Mata has made a bigger impact than the other two this season which is the most important thing and if we had signed him I would guess that we would be better off in the league, with more goals in our team because he is an excellent, creative player. And players like Ramsey wouldn't be burdened with the extra pressure of playing every game in such a key position because we would have better players in the squad to rotate with, players we lack after selling off our two most creative players in the summer. Instead we're seeing inconsistent, tired performances from players like Ramsey which is unfortunately to be expected from someone at his age with the football he's already missed in his career through injury.

And that's not to say I don't like Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain, I do, but one has been a bit erratic which is understandable as it's his 1st season and the other has started 1 Premiership game. One. Mata with 7 goals and 9 assists would be our 2nd highest scorer and assist-maker if he were at the club (not that it works like that, but you get my point).

Last edited by Mario Leontiou on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 am

ralph avedikian wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:Not long left...but its possible to see activity after it shuts

How is this possible ? Surprised

You always have the late deals pushed thru...as long as the paperwork is sent in to head office..eg FA then other parts of the deal can be worked out and then announced...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralph avedikian on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 am

Cheers!

ralph avedikian
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaid Derweesh on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 am

ralph avedikian wrote:SkySporksNews Sky Sporks News
TRANSFER LATEST: On-form striker Jordan Rhodes is to undergo a medical at Arsenal, sources believe.
26 minutes ago
\

This is why knowing reeding and werds and letterz and stuff is useful.

Zaid Derweesh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 am

Zaid Derweesh wrote:
ralph avedikian wrote:SkySporksNews Sky Sporks News
TRANSFER LATEST: On-form striker Jordan Rhodes is to undergo a medical at Arsenal, sources believe.
26 minutes ago
\

This is why knowing reeding and werds and letterz and stuff is useful.

Lol....

As for us in the window...nothing late coming thru lol
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Thomas Eisfeld has spoken out about his transfer from German champions Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal.

The 19-year old German youth international midfielder made the move to the Gunners today on a long-term contract for a reported compensation fee of around £450,000 and is looking forward to his future in North London.

“I feel very proud to have signed for Arsenal. This is a great club, with many great players, and I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal,” he told the club’s official website.

“It’s a real honour to be team mates with the great players at Arsenal, and also training everyday with players like Tomas Rosicky – who I grew up watching play at Dortmund. I will give it everything I have here and do my best to make the manager, players and fans happy.”

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitted that the signing of Eisfeld is one for the future.

“Thomas is a player we have liked for some time. We’ve watched him closely this season, where he has excelled for Dortmund’s youth team,” the Frenchman said.

“He is young but has proven to us that he can play, that he has the attitude and technical ability to be a valuable addition to our squad. We’re very pleased to welcome him to the Club and look forward to his contribution in the coming seasons.”

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/2012/02/01/thomas-eisfeld-im-so-happy-to-join-arsenal/
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Arsenal eye Giroud as Grimandi talks transfer targets

Arsenal are keeping a close eye on Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, according to club scout Gilles Grimandi.

The 25-year-old Montpellier striker, who has bagged 15 goals in 20 games this season, is one of several possible summer targets being tracked by the Gunners ahead of possible transfer action this summer.

Confirming that Arsene Wenger’s team are monitoring a host of targets in Europe and South America Grimandi told French website Le 10 Sport:

“We look at a lot of interesting players, and we are following Giroud.

“We’re following his progress, it’s impossible not to look at the way he’s progressed in the last two years.

“Now we must try to assess the scope for improvement. I think he has the potential for the best clubs in Europe.

“That’s one of the players that we’re currently looking at, but there’s also between 20-30 other players from Europe and South America that we’re keeping an eye on.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/02/arsenal-eye-giroud-as-grimandi-talks-transfer-targets/

Never heard of him, and it doesn't really matter that much at the moment, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Anyone seen him play?

Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 am

Hleb is available as a free agent...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:10 am

Jenks1981 wrote:Hleb is available as a free agent...

There's a reason why Olympiakos called him up, talked to him about a contract and then cancelled it at the last moment.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:

There's a reason why Olympiakos called him up, talked to him about a contract and then cancelled it at the last moment.

There is? I was thinking there was no reason

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samritpal Singh on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 am

Jenks1981 wrote:
Samritpal Singh wrote:

There is? I was thinking there was no reason

There should be lol.
Samritpal Singh
Samritpal Singh
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sami Rockfeller on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 am

I feel so sorry for Hleb and yet I can't help but laugh at his situation.
Sami Rockfeller
Sami Rockfeller
Matchday Starter

View user profile http://theembarrassment.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:17 am

Sami Rockfeller wrote:I feel so sorry for Hleb and yet I can't help but laugh at his situation.

One of the first of the ones to jump ship....
Fuck him.....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenks1981 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 am

Michael Foster wrote:
Sami Rockfeller wrote:I feel so sorry for Hleb and yet I can't help but laugh at his situation.

One of the first of the ones to jump ship....
Fuck him.....

Whilst I understand where your coming from, I dont agree at all, he was an important part of our team for a few years and we should thank him for that, he decided to leave and has definately paid the price, like some others have...

Jenks1981
Matchday Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 am

Samritpal Singh wrote:Eden Hazard tells French TV: "I'm leaving for England at the end of the season."

Phillipe Auclair has mentioned before "out of the English clubs, Eden prefers Arsenal."

Or Tottenham... www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2012/02/13/192150_hazard-a-choisi-tottenham.html

Mario
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveToffy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 am

Mario Leontiou wrote:
Samritpal Singh wrote:Eden Hazard tells French TV: "I'm leaving for England at the end of the season."

Phillipe Auclair has mentioned before "out of the English clubs, Eden prefers Arsenal."

Or Tottenham... www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2012/02/13/192150_hazard-a-choisi-tottenham.html
I legitimately think him coming to us hinges on whether we achieve CL football this season. We do - he's ours. We don't - it's a bidding war between the other clubs. Without being TOO biased I prefer to think we're his no. 1 lol
DaveToffy
DaveToffy
First Team Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Sisson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:20 am

Serious coup for Spurs if they pull this off, but would that mean Bale is gone in the summer?
Adam Sisson
Adam Sisson
Youth Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eyal.peer on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:31 am

Frankly, it appears that Spurs are on the rise while we are in decline, so it wouldn't surprise me if he chose Spurs over us though I would be obviously disappointed.
They really are having a "hell of a season" unfortunately.
eyal.peer
eyal.peer
Reserves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 am

Hazard can fuck off then, I don't want him at Arsenal if he's talking about joining those cunts now...:'(
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next