Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Marseille

5 posters

Go down

Arsenal vs Marseille Empty Arsenal vs Marseille

Post by Mike York Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Arsenal will face Marseille in the Champions League Group F tie at the Emirates on Tuesday, where a victory for the Gunners will put them in a strong position to qualify to the next round.

The Gunners are on a roll here. They returned back strongly in the league after the international break with a victory against Southampton in the weekend. They earned a comfortable 2-0 win against the Saints and moved 4 points clear at the top of the table. In Europe, they are on top of the table as well with Napoli with 9 points and another victory on Tuesday will take them into a very good position to qualify.

Marseille have lost their 7 matches in the Champions League including the qualifiers while the Gunners have won 6 out of their last 7 matches in the Champions League. They are firm favourite to win this game and are 1/4 with Ladbrokes to beat Marseille.

Arsenal Team News:

Arsene Wenger has no major injury issues ahead of this game. Midfielder Mikel Arteta took a knock against Southampton, but he is fit enough to play. Mathieu Flamini missed the last match against the Saints due to suspension, the Frenchman is expected to take the midfield.

Jack Wilshere could be rested while Tomas Rosicky may come into contention. Theo Walcott made his return from injury at the weekend but Wenger probably won’t start with him for this tie.

The defence will likely to be the same but there could be few alterations in the midfield areas, with few players could be rested at home.

http://soccerlens.com/arsenal-vs-marseille-preview-team-news-likely-line-prediction/120994/

I reckon the starting line-up will be Szczesney - Sagna - Per - Kos - Gibbs - Flamini - Ramsey - Cazorla - Ozil - Rosicky - Giroud and I think we will win this game fairly comfortably. I could see Arteta maybe starting either for Flamini or Rosicky (with Ramsey going wide) possibly. I would not mind seeing Monreal get a game to rest Gibbs and seeing Theo/TV on at some point too. Also if we get a nice lead maybe give Giroud some rest too. Can't all happen though. Be interesting who starts/gets rested/plays the full 90.

I predict 3-0 to Arsenal.

Nice to know either Napoli or Dortmund, or both, will drop points tonight.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Marseille Empty Re: Arsenal vs Marseille

Post by Vanig Bostanian Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:49 am

1-0 up inside 30 seconds.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:50 am

What a start !
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 am

Anyone got a decent stream? Not on tv here Sad
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:15 am

Not sure if Marseille were trying that hard. The game was not particularly exciting or intense. Although I was happy and relieved when we got the second to give us some breathing space.

SZCZ made a couple of decent saves towards the end.

Happy to see Jack get 2. Will help his confidence.

I though the nicest move was when Jack put in Aaron, but he shot straight at the keeper from close range.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko Maksimović Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Strange game, Marseille didnt look too keen on playing or trying but then they had a couple of good chances, that near post effort has gone in so many times against us, it was a good save. I wanted that Cazorla effort to go into the roof of the net wow would have been such a screamer.

Agree with Jonathan, best move.
Marko Maksimović
Marko Maksimović
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanig Bostanian Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:32 am

A good solid win and we are in a good position heading to the final group game. Might even see some rotation.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down