Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester United vs Arsenal

+9
loodle
Jason Morrison
John Foxall
rea.nolan
deep.gurung
Jonathan Prendergast
Vanig Bostanian
Marko Maksimović
Subrat Koirala
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Manchester United vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Arsenal

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:05 am

loodle wrote:
Jason Morrison wrote:Can't see how Bendtner is gonna help salvage anything here....
How long is Podolski out for?
December apparently
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by cozypilo Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:06 am

Dammit!Sagna with a few wonderful
crosses but nobody at the end of em
cozypilo
cozypilo
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:10 am

Honestly I want Bendtner gone and someone proper brought in, at this point he's just a useless waste of space who Wenger still keeps using. Not blaming the defeat on him or anything but I don't want to see him playing for us, offers virtually nothing to our game. Walcott, ox and podolski can't come back soon enough. We were due to run out of steam using the same players over and over. For the first time the interlude has come at a great time for us.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:37 am

really hate loosing to man utd. its not the team but the fans, jst can't stand them.... this is going to spoil the rest of the week
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 am

I thought we could absolutely win today, but couldn't get going until we conceded the opening(decisive) goal. But it's still all within our hands. We've been brushing aside mid table teams relatively well, and in the course of the season, that's more important I think. Today's game, can't really say what was missing other than a final product. The united fans are going to be proper cunts now, hope we can shut them and the rest of the teams in May.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 am

Jammy goal of RVP's shoulder. That's football.

We had the better of the game, with 60% possession and 10 shots to 5, but to be honest we struggled to create good chances. They defended well also and crowded us in the box.

Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Arsène Wenger says his team were “too nervous” in the opening stages of their 1-0 defeat at Manchester United on Sunday.

Robin van Persie's 28th-minute header was the difference between the two sides in a tight game with few clear-cut chances.

And the Arsenal manager was disappointed to not come away with at least a point after his side dominated possession in the second half.

"I nearly tend to say it's unfair because we put a little bit ourselves on the back foot in the first half because we rushed our game and were too nervous," Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"When we started to play we dominated the game completely and were unlucky not to score in the second half.

"I hope that everybody's full of rage basically against ourselves because it's unbelievable to lose a game like that."

The defeat was Arsenal's sixth in a row at Old Trafford and Wenger believes that record may have been on the players’ minds going into the game.

"Maybe because we haven't won for a while here, we were just not ourselves in the first half. In the second half we should have come back - we were honestly unlucky," he said.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-are-angry-with-ourselves?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:12 am

Mike York wrote:Arsène Wenger says his team were “too nervous” in the opening stages of their 1-0 defeat at Manchester United on Sunday.

Robin van Persie's 28th-minute header was the difference between the two sides in a tight game with few clear-cut chances.

And the Arsenal manager was disappointed to not come away with at least a point after his side dominated possession in the second half.

"I nearly tend to say it's unfair because we put a little bit ourselves on the back foot in the first half because we rushed our game and were too nervous," Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"When we started to play we dominated the game completely and were unlucky not to score in the second half.

"I hope that everybody's full of rage basically against ourselves because it's unbelievable to lose a game like that."

The defeat was Arsenal's sixth in a row at Old Trafford and Wenger believes that record may have been on the players’ minds going into the game.

"Maybe because we haven't won for a while here, we were just not ourselves in the first half. In the second half we should have come back - we were honestly unlucky," he said.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-are-angry-with-ourselves?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29
same shit, different year. We got ourselves a serious case of inferiority complex
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed Samir Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 am

All our key players had a stinker but it's understandable as they played 3 big games in one week. It's just sad that we have many injuries. Wenger must buy a striker in January, it's a no-brainer really. I forgot to say that Vermaelen played very well considering that it's his first full game of the season.
Mohamed Samir
Mohamed Samir
First Team Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:43 pm

I think in the first half, we had a lack of purpose. We didn't take the initiative.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2