Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Aston Villa

+12
Jason Morrison
Elisabeth Studentschnig
deep.gurung
Marko Maksimović
Hisham El Mawan
Mike York
Andreas Wæhre
Vanig Bostanian
Michael Foster
Michael Schatzky
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Jonathan Prendergast
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:53 am

John Foxall wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:john....no on asked you to read the posts fella....
Fella? Oh please.
if you don't like what people have to say no body is forcing you to stay...

but asking people not to say what they want on a public forum is as good as hopeless...

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:55 am

John Foxall wrote:We could've had Higuain on the pitch today and we would've still been overconfident and ripped apart by Benteke and Agbonlahor with our defence left very exposed. Money alone can't solve this.

Disappointing return from Koscielny as well. Just when we think we can rely on him as one of our most consistent performers he makes rash decisions in a game like this.

what do you expect the players to do? if money is not the option what is....a new manager?? he would only come in see the obvious and yep you guessed it spend money to bring in what is needed....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:56 am

stadium half empty....think the gaffer needs to take a good hard and long look at that...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:56 am

Michael Foster wrote:
John Foxall wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:john....no on asked you to read the posts fella....
Fella? Oh please.
if you don't like what people have to say no body is forcing you to stay...

but asking people not to say what they want on a public forum is as good as hopeless...

Expressing my dislike for the c word, that is all.

I think we can have better quality discussions than that.

Why would I leave? I participate in discussions with other members.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:56 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:can this get any worse?
We don't make any signings?
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by John Foxall Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 am

Michael Foster wrote:
John Foxall wrote:We could've had Higuain on the pitch today and we would've still been overconfident and ripped apart by Benteke and Agbonlahor with our defence left very exposed. Money alone can't solve this.

Disappointing return from Koscielny as well. Just when we think we can rely on him as one of our most consistent performers he makes rash decisions in a game like this.
what do you expect the players to do? if money is not the option what is....a new manager?? he would only come in see the obvious and yep you guessed it spend money to bring in what is needed....

Not many managers in the world are lucky enough to guarantee an improvement by spending pots of money. What on earth do the other ones do?

Spend it more wisely. Adapt and work on improving discipline, tactics and concentration. Anything really but the same mediocrity every year.

John Foxall
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:04 am

YN wrote:Same fucking old Arsenal, been looking forward for this game, said finally we'll have a better team,new players, a real title challenge... And this fucking game, beaten home by villa, fuck off AFC sucks
Don't insult my fucking club, "YN". Yes, we were awful out there today (although the ref must've enjoyed bending us over and fucking us even further). Yes, our manager has failed to spend money and buy some players to improve the team. But never, EVER, say that Arsenal Football Club sucks like some bandwagon fan would after not getting what they want. I support this club, this team, through their successes as well as their failures.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:07 am

John Foxall wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

Not many managers in the world are lucky enough to guarantee an improvement by spending pots of money. What on earth do the other ones do?

Spend it more wisely. Adapt and work on improving discipline, tactics and concentration. Anything really but the same mediocrity every year.

The thing is Wenger has been spending reasonably well and its only brought us to a level of the players he could afford now there is ment to be bag loads of cash laying about spend it on what we need....take for example...why have we not signed Williams? Having kos sent off for us today could be a blessing in disguise its going to force Wenger to spend and if goes out and grabs some unknown for peanuts the whole of the fan base is going to go crazy....spend big and land the players that will drive this club forward...not sideways....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 am

Hisham El Mawan wrote:
YN wrote:Same fucking old Arsenal, been looking forward for this game, said finally we'll have a better team,new players, a real title challenge... And this fucking game, beaten home by villa, fuck off AFC sucks
Don't insult my fucking club, "YN". Yes, we were awful out there today (although the ref must've enjoyed bending us over and fucking us even further). Yes, our manager has failed to spend money and buy some players to improve the team. But never, EVER, say that Arsenal Football Club sucks like some bandwagon fan would after not getting what they want. I support this club, this team, through their successes as well as their failures.
May I just add to what Hisham said. FUCK OFF then YN, no says my club sucks!
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 am

it was like watching a hit put out on our defense, i said earlier that we have a really good squad i missed most of the game, watched like the opening 10min and end 20min, i saw some really beautiful football ... but since i didnt see the whole match can't really judge if the squad put a shit performance. rosiscky was immense.
that being said .. if we were in trouble before .. we just got a rim job with a jagged edge, my worry is not so much as the lost 3 points but we have fck all to play next game. sagna had a serious nasty fall, missed gibbs injury heard it was serious and the red card that was really unlucky .... jst jenks and mertesacker on defense ... its so bad i'm actually giggling like a lunatic. only in arsenal. wish i had bought that bottle of whisky earlier
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Morrison Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:18 am

Michael Foster wrote:
John Foxall wrote:
Michael Foster wrote:

The thing is Wenger has been spending reasonably well and its only brought us to a level of the players he could afford now there is ment to be bag loads of cash laying about spend it on what we need....take for example...why have we not signed Williams? Having kos sent off for us today could be a blessing in disguise its going to force Wenger to spend and if goes out and grabs some unknown for peanuts the whole of the fan base is going to go crazy....spend big and land the players that will drive this club forward...not sideways....
Yeah we really need to stop this lose our august games before we spend policy. Why have we not learned from the past yet? 8-2 especially springs to mind. I really hope we buy some proper quility players now, cause if we don't we may not even male the top 6 never mind top4. Last thing want is to go on a run of dwindling in mid table mediocrity like liverpool.
Jason Morrison
Jason Morrison
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Schatzky Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:31 am

Well that was apocalyptic ! And the ref sucked as well. Meh.

Michael Schatzky
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:43 am

Don't worry, we can still win the league with this squad. I can't really blame them for today though to be honest, if I was anywhere near that ref I'd punch his stupid face in. i have to admire the restraint. Incompetent twat, I really can't remember the last time I saw a refereeing performance that was so abysmal.

Yeah, yeah, it's not all down to the referee, but still, I think we can cut the team some slack for this ludicrous joke of a result.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:45 am

not the best of ways to introduce yourself to the forum.....

'fuck off afc sucks' is one of those non thought out comments...but hey each to there own.....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Don't worry, we can still win the league with this squad. I can't really blame them for today though to be honest, if I was anywhere near that ref I'd punch his stupid face in. i have to admire the restraint. Incompetent twat, I really can't remember the last time I saw a refereeing performance that was so abysmal.

Yeah, yeah, it's not all down to the referee, but still, I think we can cut the team some slack for this ludicrous joke of a result.

i can second that if it was me out that i would have got a straight red for knocking the ref out cold.....

he needed to get hold of that game and did nothing but dictate to after the carnage happened...

1/10
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wæhre Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 am

How did Sagna walk off by himselfe? Hope he's ok!! That looked dangerous! Has Wenger had his post-match pressconferance? Interesting to hear what he says!

Fucking frusterated, but we will bounch back!

Andreas Wæhre
Reserves

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 am

as i said before this could be a blessing in disguise.....

bit of early carnage out the way to spark him into life....

still does not explain why we did not do our business early...and banking on suarez to pull throught for us just wont do...he is prob sat there thinkng they lost 3-1 at home to villa and had a man sent off...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:08 am

the gaffer has spoke....

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, whose side were booed at the final whistle, when the Emirates Stadium was near-empty: "We started well but, after that, everything went wrong - injuries, decisions, going down to 10 men and the chances missed. It was a bad day, not on the quality of our display but everything went against us.

"I'm not happy with the (second penalty) decision but I'm more unhappy with the spirit the referee let the game go in, I was quite amazed.

"But it's not my job to talk too much about that, I have to take care of the team. What hurts me is to disappoint people who love the club. All the rest I have to live with, but I'm here to make people happy and when I do not I can only say sorry and come back and make them happy in the next game. We could have won the game today with the players we had on the pitch, I'm convinced of that."

now you see mr wenger this is the thing that you dont seam to be understanding...you are saying we could have won if the deciding factors had not gone against us.....well had we better players out there we would not have had to hope the ref did not send someone off or that he had a bad day himself..the team you could have put out had you spent some bloody money could have wiped the floor of villa...but no...do it the hard way and blame everything else...ffs.
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisham El Mawan Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:26 am

Alex Hadjicharalampous wrote:Don't worry, we can still win the league with this squad. I can't really blame them for today though to be honest, if I was anywhere near that ref I'd punch his stupid face in. i have to admire the restraint. Incompetent twat, I really can't remember the last time I saw a refereeing performance that was so abysmal.

I agree. I feel people were just waiting for something to jump on and vindicate all the negativity that's been building up, but everything was against us today. Not to take away from the sub-par performance we DID have, but goddamn...that ref ruined any chance we had of at least rescuing a point.

Hisham El Mawan
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:43 am

i would fully agree it was 'one of those days' just things dont add up with what is going on off the field..one moment wenger is saying that he is 'happy with the team' the next its 'we need to improve' to 'i need to gain more depth' well crack on and do it!!!
what is stopping him?!?! we will come good but not until we have what we need...every one and his dog thought we would spend this window because we need to and yet sod all has been done then he wonders why eveyone is on his back!!

as for the ref....pfffft...no matter what he did today...we need to be looking closer to home to why we did not go out and hand villa an early ticket home....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by vyom.chaudhary Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:43 am

"You got what you wanted, you should be happy. Before the start the season that was all you write in the papers so what do you expect?"

wenger in post-match press conference.
he has lost it i guess

vyom.chaudhary
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:50 am

vyom.chaudhary wrote:"You got what you wanted, you should be happy. Before the start the season that was all you write in the papers so what do you expect?"

wenger in post-match press conference.
he has lost it i guess
He really doesn't help himself sometimes does he? You've had all summer to prove them wrong Arsene, you've still got two weeks left to do something about this mess.
That's all that matters right now.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Meshaal Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 am

Very frustrating but too early to write us off.

The referee was awful and no way was that a penalty or a sending off. We didn't make our early goal count but the referee handed the 3 points to Aston Villa.

Meshaal
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 am

anyone have an update on injury news, gibbs n sagna ... we will be playing fenerbache in four days
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 am

deep.gurung wrote:anyone have an update on injury news, gibbs n sagna ... we will be playing fenerbache in four days
not seen anything as of yet they are all to busy wondering what went wrong
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next