Arsenal Cognoscenti
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luis Suarez

+6
Subrat Koirala
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Michael Foster
Mike York
Vanig Bostanian
Jonathan Prendergast
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Empty Luis Suarez

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:05 am

Isn't it great that we are discussing whether or not we want this top class player? Much better than worrying about our best player leaving like past summer transfer windows...

My position is to trust Wenger. If he think the quality and compatibility with Arsenal is worth the risk of him playing up, then I'm for it.

On the other hand, our bids may be a smokescreen for something else entirely.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Empty Re: Luis Suarez

Post by Vanig Bostanian Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:46 pm

I still think this is a very big risk and his cuntary is despicable even if he was our player.

Vanig Bostanian
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:35 am

Liverpool are right to fight to keep hold of Luis Suarez. He is a fantastic player. But Arsene Wenger is the perfect person to erase the unwanted side of the Uruguayan’s game.

A deal with Arsenal is still a long way off, and signing someone with Suarez’s track record could be seen as high-risk. He has run into big trouble on several occasions. He needs to learn from his behaviour because you can’t use racist language or bite people. It’s not on.

But there is not a better educator of young men than Wenger. The Frenchman would make a difference to Suarez’s behaviour without a doubt.

Wenger creates a habit of behaviour that everyone around him follows. He is a very calm person and everyone else follows that example. He makes good decisions based on calmness. He treats his players with respect and creates a learning environment.

All of this is aimed at keeping you from crossing the line, which is what Suarez needs to learn. Of course, it doesn’t work all the time because Wenger still wants you to be fiery on the pitch — I should know — but Suarez would benefit. We all know deep down how to behave; Wenger promotes that.

There would also be benefits on the pitch for him. Don’t forget that Wenger has worked with so many top strikers: Ian Wright, Nicolas Anelka, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Nwankwo Kanu and Robin van Persie, to name just a few. And they have all improved as players under him.

Emmanuel Adebayor went from hitting shots yards over the bar in training to scoring 30 goals in a season.

And Suarez has so much talent. He brings goals, has intelligence in the way he links with players, and shows calmness in front of goal. Suarez is a nightmare to play against, too, because of the way he wriggles and turns inside his opponent.

From Arsenal’s point of view, this possible deal is exciting. You need a world-class striker to compete at the highest level — it’s the icing on the cake for any team.

Arsenal have been used to losing big players in the past few summers so it makes a change to see them going after a big signing. It will fill Arsenal with hope and Liverpool with dread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2376875/Liverpool-right-fight-Luis-Suarez-hes-ideal-Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-fix-behaviour-MARTIN-KEOWN-COLUMN.html

I agree with Keown and think Wenger is a vast improvement on managers Suarez has had since he has been in England and will help him improve in terms of behaviour. He is a bastard but he is a quality, quality player and in this market is a relative bargain at 40million.
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 am

Wenger loves to get value for money.

When Harry Redknapp was at West Ham, he loved to get a good player for a bargain price due to indiscretions. Paolo Di Canio an obvious one.

Maybe this is one such deal, where we his valuation is lowered due to non footballing reasons.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am

It's an interesting transfer saga, but not much different than what we have been through the past few seasons with Van Persie, Nasri and Fabregas.

It is very rare when players want to leave that the clubs hold onto them. The main reason is because the player can make it harder and harder for the club to keep them, by going to the press, asking to leave, being injured rather than go on tour, just like Suarez is doing now.

Through all that, the club has the option just to accept an offer and cash in. Very easy to take the cash as the pressure mounts and the situation becomes untenable.

The problem for Liverpool, is players like Soldado and Negredo have moved, and the amount of suitable replacements is dropping.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm

liverpool are clutching at straws picking out excuses to keep hold of him...even fans are saying he should go.....arsenal boy by the end of next week i think....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 pm

it seems no one else has seriously come in for him. Real and Tottenham don't seem serious.

it's lucky we've had a clear run at him. thought the same with Higuain, until Napoli came in.

Arsenal can wait for the pressure to mount, or can up the bid by a few million and make it happen quickly. If it were me, I'd put in another bid for 42m/44m pounds and make it happen. Too big a risk to play the waiting game.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:it seems no one else has seriously come in for him. Real and Tottenham don't seem serious.

it's lucky we've had a clear run at him. thought the same with Higuain, until Napoli came in.

Arsenal can wait for the pressure to mount, or can up the bid by a few million and make it happen quickly. If it were me, I'd put in another bid for 42m/44m pounds and make it happen. Too big a risk to play the waiting game.

indeed a player of his calliber should just be snapped up no messing around give liverpool 45m and tell them to sell,its clear he wants to go and its only making liverpool look desperate.....

Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 am

Saw this on another website and just had to laugh: “Maybe it’s better signing a cunt we know will be a cunt rather than a cunt we didn’t realise was a cunt until he turned out to be a cunt”.

I'm still expecting something bad to happen, like Chelsea deciding it would be better to pursue him rather than Rooney, or Liverpool just outright refusing to sell despite all of this. It's just the way it is with Arsenal transfers, we can't be sure until it's up on Arsenal.com.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:37 am

Hahahahaha XD so true!!!

This saga needs to be wrapped up as soon as possible....i cannot see chelsea going in for him the only real ones we have to worry about is Real madrid..but hopefully they are two wrapped up with bale....we just need to move and fast! Soon as his transfer request is put in we need him to say take arsenals offer and jobs done onto the next....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike York Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:21 am

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal are "on standby" to sign Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and admits transfer business has been tougher than usual this summer.

Suarez claims Liverpool promised him he could leave if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

The Gunners have have two bids rejected for Suarez, with the latest offer being a pound more than £40m, in an attempt to trigger a release clause.

"At the moment the situation is on standby," Wenger told Al Jazeera Sport.

"I really don't know what will be decided by Liverpool.

"I don't know what has been said, what has been promised and what has been written. That is the story between Suarez and Liverpool.

"Only Suarez and Liverpool can decide that. It's nothing to do us. We have been told the player wants to leave Liverpool and that's why we've acted.

"We try and get what we want, if that doesn't work we will look somewhere else."

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers previously stated that Arsenal's offer for the Uruguay international remains well short of Liverpool's valuation.

Suarez, who joined Liverpool in January 2011 from Ajax for £22.7m and signed a long-term contract extension in August 2012, scored 30 goals in 44 appearances for the Reds last season.

Wenger admits transfer activity at the Emirates Stadium has been "slow" this summer with targets such as Suarez difficult to prise away.

And the Frenchman urged the Gunners' supporters to remain patient as the club attempt to strengthen before the transfer window closes.

"The clubs with talented players don't want to lose them," added the Arsenal manager.

"Some clubs acted very early so the choices were reduced and there is more competition coming from France with Paris St-Germain, who buy big players for huge amounts of money, so it's tough, difficult and slow.

"I can assure the fans we will try very hard to keep them happy. We are certainly ready to spend the money, but the process is going slowly but surely."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23605800
Mike York
Mike York
Matchday Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Michael Owen recommends to Liverpool that they should cash in and sell Suarez, as it is not worth the potential trouble to keep him.

It's definitely swinging our direction, just hope another club doesn't come in for him.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Michael Owen recommends to Liverpool that they should cash in and sell Suarez, as it is not worth the potential trouble to keep him.

It's definitely swinging our direction, just hope another club doesn't come in for him.

liverpool are really showing some class by telling him to train alone......

as long as Real dont jump in with a bid he is as good as an arsenal player..
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Subrat Koirala Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

The only reason I'm convinced we'll land him is, Wenger has gone too far and too 'dirty' by his standards with this saga. and he'll look like a real clown if the deal eventually doesn't happen. I don't think Wenger didn't think about the consequences when going for that 40m+1 pound bid. Suarez is as good as an Arsenal player in my eyes. Only a matter of time.
Subrat Koirala
Subrat Koirala
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:The only reason I'm convinced we'll land him is, Wenger has gone too far and too 'dirty' by his standards with this saga. and he'll look like a real clown if the deal eventually doesn't happen. I don't think Wenger didn't think about the consequences when going for that 40m+1 pound bid. Suarez is as good as an Arsenal player in my eyes. Only a matter of time.

indeed that is true...if wenger had played the game of bidding then talking of other targets that he has done in the past i would have thought we had no chance with suarez...but this is by the hour looking more and more likely we will spend big and land OUR MAN....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Subrat Koirala wrote:The only reason I'm convinced we'll land him is, Wenger has gone too far and too 'dirty' by his standards with this saga and he'll look like a real clown if the deal eventually doesn't happen.

The same could be said for Rogers and Liverpool. How ridiculous are they going to look if after all their posturing and bullshit statements about Arsenal, they end up selling their best player to us? It really worries me that we're dealing with a bunch of deluded irrational lunatics who could very well dig in their heels and just keep him at the club, content to miss out on the money than sell him to a 'direct rival' (what drivel).

This is a club that defended all of Suarez's terrible behaviour, who thought that Andy Caroll was worth £35m and that Downing was worth anything at all, with a manager who can't seem to decided whether the player is not for sale, available for £50m, £55m or £100m. Who knows what the valuation will be next week?

Sorry about the negativity guys, but I'm preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment of us not signing him. I'd never thought I'd say that about bloody Luis Suarez.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 am

liverpool are now saying they wont sell to us at any price......uhhhoohhh
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am

Wenger said that about Fabregas 2 days before he moved. He was joking though. But anything can happen, and such statements have been wrong before.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Hadjicharalampous Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:25 pm

What did I say? Henry thinks Liverpool are a more attractive proposition to players due to their recent Carling Cup win. Says it all really.

Hopefully this is just the usual garbage spouted by owners, just like last time when they said Torres was categorically not for sale and then sold him to Chelsea a few days later. But who knows with these blithering muppets.
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Alex Hadjicharalampous
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Jonathan Prendergast wrote:Wenger said that about Fabregas 2 days before he moved. He was joking though. But anything can happen, and such statements have been wrong before.

I was joking... Very Happy 
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:38 pm

One thing that did kind of make me laugh a sky sports poll asking where would suarez be playing next season was locked just before the votes started overtaking Liverpool....good ol sky sports...anti arsenal tricks again...
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Prendergast Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm

One thing that could help is that Juventus have an excess of strikers after buying Lorrente and Tevez. Liverpool could take their pick from Quagliarella, Matri or Vucinic.
Jonathan Prendergast
Jonathan Prendergast
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Foster Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 am

i see everybody within liverpool is jumping on the 'wont sell to arsenal/english team' wagon.....

would love to see them all eat humble pie....
Michael Foster
Michael Foster
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by deep.gurung Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 am

noticed suarez is not playing for liverpool, he is not even on the bench
deep.gurung
deep.gurung
Matchday Bench

Back to top Go down